Reviews (1-24 of 24)
- Boomr saves paper.
- Boomr saves time.
- Boomr has never let me down because of network outages.
- The error bird message that pops up once in a while (does not affect functionality).
- The app design could be more colorful.
- Boomr adds a huge convenience to your day-to-day. Allowing for you to control your time card, essentially, right from your phone and track your breaks easily with the click of a button.
- Expenses you have incurred can be added to your day, continuing to make tracking your work life that much easier.
- If there is ever an error in your times or whatever it may be, notes can be added to different days. Allowing for a quick and easy communication with whoever is in charge of compiling the hours.
- There are rare times when Boomr will not load and open, essentially blocking you out from checking in, out, or whatever it may be.
- I would like to be able to see more visual charts to track as oppose to just a list of the times.
- Boomr has plenty of options that make it easy to customize how we want our time tracking system to operate. You can allow people to manually enter shifts, or deny the ability. You can allow people to clock in from anywhere or create a parameter from a specific location.
- The ability to manually edit shifts is always very nice.
- Boomr's CEO and support staff are always easy to work with and very open to suggestions. They take great pride and care of their clients.
- Being able to clock in and out from a computer would make things easier, to help avoid instances where employees can clock in and out without being at their work stations.
- Sometimes some random glitches happen, but honestly nothing bad enough to actually complain about.
- Honestly, boomr is a wonderful application and there isn't much lacking.
- It takes about 30 seconds to log my time sheet for the day.
- It lets you log multiple shifts if applicable.
- It would be nice to save my shift since I work almost the same hours every day. Instead I have to re-select my times every day.
- Sometimes when scrolling through the time clock on my iPhone it sticks to a number. For example I'm trying to get it to :30 and it gets stuck on :29 and I have to try a few times to get it right.
- My company only wants :00, :15, :30, or :45 for the minutes clocked in and out. It would be nice if there was a feature to turn on where those were the only times I saw instead of :00-:59
- The Boomr app is simple, with no frills, and is easy to use.
- Boomr lays out expected pay according to your hourly rate, which helps visualize your efforts over your weeks worked.
- The Boomr Help Center is useful and provides effective information.
- I think setting different default hours or presets would be helpful for Boomr to be more quickly used.
- Setting times across multiple days would also be helpful.
- More options to navigate past time periods/visualize work periods would be nice as well.
- Integrations with different vendors was a huge piece for us.
- User experience is one of the best of any product I have seen. Very easy to use on both desktop and mobile
- Support was very good. They helped us with every question we had.
- We didn't hit any issues where we needed different features.
This might not be good for someone with 1000s of employees as it could be expensive based off structure we paid into.
Boomr has made it very easy to implement a convenient system into a pre-existing company infrastructure without overturning the entire company to make it work. It's quick, easy, affordable, and most importantly, it's powerful.
- Boomr allows for two check in types. One check in from a mobile device, or a check in from your company's stationary device. The mobile device check in, is particularly helpful to those who need to track check in for employees who work away from management. It won't allow the employee to check in for work until they are within a specified distance of the assigned address. This ensures that employees are only running the clock if they're actually physically at work.
- Boomr allows for a very accurate reading of time logs. Between checking in, taking a break and checking out, Boomr makes a very precise calculation for the check size required when paying employees. Because it's so precise, Boomr is effectively allowing companies to manage their payroll to the second, which (with enough employees) could make a difference of thousands of dollars once payroll comes around.
- Boomr currently makes it a little difficult for the employee to track time spent on the job. Boomr currently has a feature that will allow you to see your time log on a particular day and see what that translates into dollar wise, however, being able to indicate when your pay days are and including a feature for multi-day calculation would be extremely helpful for hourly employees to manage and keep track of how much they have made to date on their next paycheck.
- Tracks time for each employee and makes it simple to use and view the time you clocked in and out.
- It is able to show the pay stub details and allows you to see what amount of time was spent and the expected pay you would be able to receive.
- It allows you to go back and look at each shift to verify you were clocked in and if not, you are able to make the adjustments to ensure proper payroll.
- Lunch punch. It would be great if the lunch punch would block the time you clocked out and then back in without having to do the math. The information is already there, it just needs to be kept on the screen to view.
- Total day accrued work time. When you clock out for lunch, the daily punches disappear and you have to go search for it to find out when you clocked out and are able to clock back in. If the lunch punch was able to stay on the daily page, it would make it more effective.
- The total hours for the day would be beneficial if it was on the daily page and not moved to the back until the day has been completed with an in, lunch out, lunch in, and out punch.
- Simplicity - its interface is very easy to work with.
- Easy to export payroll.
- Occasionally, the GPS hasn't been 100% correct, and we've had to improvise on the location where the work was completed.
- For hours calculated when different places of employment are needed.
- For when hours need to be calculated at a venue where no clock in or out system is available.
- Provides information on how much I'm getting paid for each shift
- Makes time records available to me for later reference
- Automatically makes time records available for my employer
- Must have GPS coordinates confirmed to check in
- Does not allow edits to shifts by either me or my employer for incidents like forgetting to check out
- Does not display a new week's shift until a second shift is logged
- Easy to use since it is on my cell phone.
- Can check in and out from breaks without having to go to a time clock.
- Times are automatically calculated.
- You can review your time at any moment.
- Sometimes Boomr does not work if it is not recognizing the internet access.
- Would like to see the total of hours worked per week.
- Would like to see PTO and holiday time included.
- Quick check-ins.
- Easy to monitor time clock.
- Ease of use for employees.
- Sometimes Boomr will have errors with checking in.
- It would be nice to have location based reminders to check in.
- It would be nice to have pop up alerts for when it detects if people haven't clocked out.
- Easy to use. It takes a couple easy touches on your screen and you are clocked in.
- If you forget to clock out when you leave, you can do it while stopped at a light or when you get home.
- Clock in before you even get to your desk. Time efficient.
- Easily see how long you have been clocked in and how long your break is without even being in the office.
- Easy to use
- Accessible on multiple platforms
- Does exactly what it says it does
- To have an easier access for troubleshooting
- Allowing Boomr to be used on multiple platforms
- Creating easy access for users
- Boomr tracks daily work hours and weekly totals automatically. The system sends weekly email reminders of the work week ending and digests of the previous week's hours worked.
- The interface is intuitive and easy to use and understand. Open the mobile app, select your location and click "Track time." The app also tracks break times, and shifts can be edited afterward.
- Boomr makes it easy for the payroll department to gather payroll information at the end of a week.
- One area for improvement is the ability to access an active shift on multiple mobile devices. Currently, if you clock in on one device and try to clock out on another, the system gets confused and the shift will not end properly.
- Pay rate information does not appear to update in the system when pay raises are awarded.
- Something I'd like to see added is the ability to program future shift schedules and work reminders for employees. Would be an added bonus to an already highly functional app.
- Finally, I'd like to see a reminder of when employees are approaching overtime hours, like an integrated countdown clock.
- Boomr is highly appropriate for shift employees.
- Would be less appropriate for salaried employees.
- Clean UI. Boomr is easy to use from the outset and makes sense logically.
- Shows how much you worked compared to last week, which is a helpful insight to view trends.
- Incorrect and misspelled addresses show up frequently. For example, if I work at company McDonalds, and by mistake record my shift as occurring at location as NcDonalds, NcDonalds is consistently present as an option to select on future shifts, even though it clearly is not accurate.
- Shifts are confusing to edit. It is difficult to do so.
- If i want to record a lunch break it is inconvenient to do so. Boomr has no mechanism in place to track overtime.
Boomr Scorecard Summary
What is Boomr?
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Standard Tier||$4||per user|
|Business Tier||7.20||per user|
Affordable and Easy to Use With subscription pricing that's both flexible and competitive, we give your business the value it deserves. Grow with our product, pay monthly and cancel anytime. Plus, our product is simple and intuitive and can be implemented with your employees in the matter of minutes. Our awesome support team is always just a phone call or email away!
Boomr Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||50%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Boomr Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Boomr Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||All Countries|