https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/0L/xy/CMDP3HGCGE0J.JPEGBoomr is boomin!When I was using Boomr, the entire staff used it as well. The potential problems it solves are environmental, first and foremost. Boomr also makes it to where you always have your time clock with you.,Boomr saves paper. Boomr saves time. Boomr has never let me down because of network outages.,The error bird message that pops up once in a while (does not affect functionality). The app design could be more colorful.,8,I did not have to wait in line to clock in or out. I did not have to touch the same time clock as everyone else that might be sick. No paperwork.Boomr - It's TimeBoomr is currently being used by all employees in the company, allowing for us to keep our time tracking accurate and convenient when traveling.,Boomr adds a huge convenience to your day-to-day. Allowing for you to control your time card, essentially, right from your phone and track your breaks easily with the click of a button. Expenses you have incurred can be added to your day, continuing to make tracking your work life that much easier. If there is ever an error in your times or whatever it may be, notes can be added to different days. Allowing for a quick and easy communication with whoever is in charge of compiling the hours.,There are rare times when Boomr will not load and open, essentially blocking you out from checking in, out, or whatever it may be. I would like to be able to see more visual charts to track as oppose to just a list of the times.,9,Boomr has allowed for a more efficient way of tracking, providing less wasted time trying to sort out a traditional time card and more time focusing on the overall business objective.,,Infusionsoft, WistiaBoomr is Boomin'Our company utilizes Boomr to clock in and out, track breaks and time spent working, etc. Employees clock in and out on a daily basis and Boomr tracks not only their times but also locations. We have utilized the option to restrict how far away our employees can clock in, to avoid clocking in from anywhere, as it is run through a mobile app.,Boomr has plenty of options that make it easy to customize how we want our time tracking system to operate. You can allow people to manually enter shifts, or deny the ability. You can allow people to clock in from anywhere or create a parameter from a specific location. The ability to manually edit shifts is always very nice. Boomr's CEO and support staff are always easy to work with and very open to suggestions. They take great pride and care of their clients.,Being able to clock in and out from a computer would make things easier, to help avoid instances where employees can clock in and out without being at their work stations. Sometimes some random glitches happen, but honestly nothing bad enough to actually complain about. Honestly, boomr is a wonderful application and there isn't much lacking.,10,Not necessarily a big ROI, but the cheap cost and easy access makes boomr an easy pick. App is easy to use and very responsive, so not a lot of time is needed to clock in and out. No complaints with Boomr, always a great choice!Boomr is efficient & easy to useBoomr is used by my whole company. We use it to log our time sheets.,It takes about 30 seconds to log my time sheet for the day. It lets you log multiple shifts if applicable.,It would be nice to save my shift since I work almost the same hours every day. Instead I have to re-select my times every day. Sometimes when scrolling through the time clock on my iPhone it sticks to a number. For example I'm trying to get it to :30 and it gets stuck on :29 and I have to try a few times to get it right. My company only wants :00, :15, :30, or :45 for the minutes clocked in and out. It would be nice if there was a feature to turn on where those were the only times I saw instead of :00-:59,8,I am not a manager, but Boomr seems to help them easily manage payroll.Boomr is a simple and easy to use timesheet solution.Boomr is being used across my entire organization. It is used as a timesheet system and helps coordinate hourly employees and their pay.,The Boomr app is simple, with no frills, and is easy to use. Boomr lays out expected pay according to your hourly rate, which helps visualize your efforts over your weeks worked. The Boomr Help Center is useful and provides effective information.,I think setting different default hours or presets would be helpful for Boomr to be more quickly used. Setting times across multiple days would also be helpful. More options to navigate past time periods/visualize work periods would be nice as well.,10,I do not have visibility on ROI impact on the overall business. Personally, it has positively helped me visualize my pay scale over the weeks.,When I Work,When I Work
Boomr

Boomr Reviews

Boomr
Filter 29 vetted Boomr reviews and ratings
Ray Elliott profile photo
June 18, 2018

User Review: "Boomr is boomin!"

• Boomr saves paper.
  • Boomr saves time.
  • Boomr has never let me down because of network outages.
  • The error bird message that pops up once in a while (does not affect functionality).
  • The app design could be more colorful.
I believe that Boomr really shines in a small business, where there is not a dedicated payroll specialist. I think it might not be as appropriate for a large scale business.
Read Ray Elliott's full review
Owen McCollum profile photo
June 18, 2018

User Review: "Boomr - It's Time"

• Boomr adds a huge convenience to your day-to-day. Allowing for you to control your time card, essentially, right from your phone and track your breaks easily with the click of a button.
  • Expenses you have incurred can be added to your day, continuing to make tracking your work life that much easier.
  • If there is ever an error in your times or whatever it may be, notes can be added to different days. Allowing for a quick and easy communication with whoever is in charge of compiling the hours.
  • There are rare times when Boomr will not load and open, essentially blocking you out from checking in, out, or whatever it may be.
  • I would like to be able to see more visual charts to track as oppose to just a list of the times.
Boomr is well suited for almost any scenario. The convenience of time tracking right on your phone is one of the best.
Read Owen McCollum's full review
Brandon Bryditzki profile photo
June 15, 2018

User Review: "Boomr is Boomin'"

• Boomr has plenty of options that make it easy to customize how we want our time tracking system to operate. You can allow people to manually enter shifts, or deny the ability. You can allow people to clock in from anywhere or create a parameter from a specific location.
  • The ability to manually edit shifts is always very nice.
  • Boomr's CEO and support staff are always easy to work with and very open to suggestions. They take great pride and care of their clients.
  • Being able to clock in and out from a computer would make things easier, to help avoid instances where employees can clock in and out without being at their work stations.
  • Sometimes some random glitches happen, but honestly nothing bad enough to actually complain about.
  • Honestly, boomr is a wonderful application and there isn't much lacking.
Boomr is great for any company, especially ones that are not necessarily web or computer-based and would benefit from a time clocking application that is mobile based. The ease of access from anywhere would really come in handy. Honestly, any company would benefit from what Boomr has to offer.
Read Brandon Bryditzki's full review
Melanie Green profile photo
June 26, 2018

User Review: "Boomr is efficient & easy to use"

Boomr is used by my whole company. We use it to log our time sheets.
  • It takes about 30 seconds to log my time sheet for the day.
  • It lets you log multiple shifts if applicable.
  • It would be nice to save my shift since I work almost the same hours every day. Instead I have to re-select my times every day.
  • Sometimes when scrolling through the time clock on my iPhone it sticks to a number. For example I'm trying to get it to :30 and it gets stuck on :29 and I have to try a few times to get it right.
  • My company only wants :00, :15, :30, or :45 for the minutes clocked in and out. It would be nice if there was a feature to turn on where those were the only times I saw instead of :00-:59
I've only used it to log my time sheet and it is easy to use.
Read Melanie Green's full review
Jimmy Cheung profile photo
June 19, 2018

Review: "Boomr is a simple and easy to use timesheet solution."

• The Boomr app is simple, with no frills, and is easy to use.
  • Boomr lays out expected pay according to your hourly rate, which helps visualize your efforts over your weeks worked.
  • The Boomr Help Center is useful and provides effective information.
  • I think setting different default hours or presets would be helpful for Boomr to be more quickly used.
  • Setting times across multiple days would also be helpful.
  • More options to navigate past time periods/visualize work periods would be nice as well.
It is well suited for a time clock/timesheet system for employees to log their hours to be approved by HR/managers.
Read Jimmy Cheung's full review
Cheyenne Starner, RN profile photo
June 18, 2018

User Review: "Boomr 10/10"

Boomr is helpful to track my on-call RN hours from home!
  • Tracking time sheets
  • Location
  • Pay rate
  • Be able to change the check-in time if you clock in late
Read Cheyenne Starner, RN's full review
David Melinte profile photo
June 18, 2018

Boomr Review: "Great and simple to use"

Boomr is being used by our whole organization to keep track of everyone's hours and so the boss can see each employee's hours in a central location. The only problem it really addresses is that it makes it much easier for everyone to input their hours other than that there's really no other problems I can think of that it would solve.
  • An easy way of clocking in and clocking out
  • Can always edit hours if a mistake was made
  • Can input hours worked if you forgot to clock in
  • Don't really have any cons does exactly what I need it to do.
Boomer is well suited for keeping track of hours in an easy to use application.
Read David Melinte's full review
Brandon Trent profile photo
June 15, 2018

User Review: "Boomr Success"

As a site supervisor for a small security company, [I love] Boomr. It provides flexibility and ease of use when clocking in and out without unnecessary time on the phone or travel to a fixed location. It makes payroll so much easier.
  • Ease of Use
  • None
I’ve not run across any scenario where it is not appropriate. It allows my team to maximize their on-location and family lives.
Read Brandon Trent's full review
July 16, 2018

User Review: "Boomr for the win"

Boomr addresses management and Human Resources in a clear and concise manner. We used it for our employees and management to be on the same page.
  • User-friendly
  • Accessible on multiple platforms
  • Does exactly what it says it does
  • To have an easier access for troubleshooting
  • Allowing Boomr to be used on multiple platforms
  • Creating easy access for users
Small businesses are a good fit for using Boomr. It allows users to access the digital platform in a way that is accessible and user-friendly. I have found it to be a wonderful addition to our company in allowing staff to stay accountable and connected.
June 27, 2018

User Review: "Boomr is the Best!"

It is being used by our part time employees to track their timesheets and hours worked!
  • I like that it will track time even if the app is not open!
  • I like that you can go back into Boomr and edit
  • I like that you can pull reports from Boomr
  • I wish that the information would go straight into the Bamboo software instead of having to import it into Bamboo
Boomr is good in a situation where you have employees that have flexible hours or are not all at the same location and you need to track their hours!
June 19, 2018

Review: "Boomr is an intuitive mobile payroll shift tracking app"

Boomr is used across the whole organization for time-keeping and tracking shifts weekly. In general, it addresses the need for a payroll administrator to edit shifts remotely, for example if an employee forgets to clock out. Shifts are always initiated by the user and can edited by the user when appropriate.
  • Boomr tracks daily work hours and weekly totals automatically. The system sends weekly email reminders of the work week ending and digests of the previous week's hours worked.
  • The interface is intuitive and easy to use and understand. Open the mobile app, select your location and click "Track time." The app also tracks break times, and shifts can be edited afterward.
  • Boomr makes it easy for the payroll department to gather payroll information at the end of a week.
  • One area for improvement is the ability to access an active shift on multiple mobile devices. Currently, if you clock in on one device and try to clock out on another, the system gets confused and the shift will not end properly.
  • Pay rate information does not appear to update in the system when pay raises are awarded.
  • Something I'd like to see added is the ability to program future shift schedules and work reminders for employees. Would be an added bonus to an already highly functional app.
  • Finally, I'd like to see a reminder of when employees are approaching overtime hours, like an integrated countdown clock.
  • Boomr is highly appropriate for shift employees.
  • Would be less appropriate for salaried employees.
July 18, 2018

"Boomr review"

Across the whole organization. It allows us to accurately keep track of our time amongst all employees. It solves the solution of accurate time keeping across all employees.
  • Clean UI. Boomr is easy to use from the outset and makes sense logically.
  • Shows how much you worked compared to last week, which is a helpful insight to view trends.
  • Incorrect and misspelled addresses show up frequently. For example, if I work at company McDonalds, and by mistake record my shift as occurring at location as NcDonalds, NcDonalds is consistently present as an option to select on future shifts, even though it clearly is not accurate.
  • Shifts are confusing to edit. It is difficult to do so.
  • If i want to record a lunch break it is inconvenient to do so. Boomr has no mechanism in place to track overtime.
It works well and is simple, but some parts of it are obtuse and frustrating. I wouldn't heap praise on it as a recommendation, but would suggest it as an easy solution even if it is frustrating.
June 18, 2018

Boomr Review: "Easy to Use, Trustworthy"

It was being used by the entire company to effectively track everyone's time. It helps to keep track of how many hours everyone works and various working trends.
  • It tracked location well
  • It tracked time accurately
  • It was easy to use
  • Perhaps it could be tweaked to offer more fun stats
  • It could use more rewards like a sticker or something
  • More promotions
I think it's best suited for any organization that wants a sophisticated way of tracking employees' time.
Peter Nesbitt profile photo
January 19, 2018

Review: "Boomr is best designed hourly employee tracking software on the market"

We needed a way to calculate hourly employee work. We mostly have salaried employees but were using Google Sheets for interns and a few junior employees who were hourly. This helped us keep track of hours in a compliant way and pay them accurately. The other key piece was the integration with Gusto. We had a unique use case in that not all of our employees were hourly. Their team worked with us to figure out how to implement it correctly.
  • Integrations with different vendors was a huge piece for us.
  • User experience is one of the best of any product I have seen. Very easy to use on both desktop and mobile
  • Support was very good. They helped us with every question we had.
  • We didn't hit any issues where we needed different features.
Boomr is great if you have a mobile workforce and need to log their hours with their geolocation. It is also good for anyone who wants simple to use interface and out of the box integrations.

This might not be good for someone with 1000s of employees as it could be expensive based off structure we paid into.
Read Peter Nesbitt's full review
Tyler Mangum profile photo
July 11, 2016

Boomr Review: "More bang for your buck"

Boomr is being used across our company. We have two work sites, one in Orlando, Florida and the other in Nashville, Tennessee. We use Boomr in both offices in order to keep an accurate time log across the board and allow one employee to manage payroll for both offices instead of spread that workload across different employee's workflows, processes and preferences when dealing with the task at hand.
Boomr has made it very easy to implement a convenient system into a pre-existing company infrastructure without overturning the entire company to make it work. It's quick, easy, affordable, and most importantly, it's powerful.
  • Boomr allows for two check in types. One check in from a mobile device, or a check in from your company's stationary device. The mobile device check in, is particularly helpful to those who need to track check in for employees who work away from management. It won't allow the employee to check in for work until they are within a specified distance of the assigned address. This ensures that employees are only running the clock if they're actually physically at work.
  • Boomr allows for a very accurate reading of time logs. Between checking in, taking a break and checking out, Boomr makes a very precise calculation for the check size required when paying employees. Because it's so precise, Boomr is effectively allowing companies to manage their payroll to the second, which (with enough employees) could make a difference of thousands of dollars once payroll comes around.
  • Boomr currently makes it a little difficult for the employee to track time spent on the job. Boomr currently has a feature that will allow you to see your time log on a particular day and see what that translates into dollar wise, however, being able to indicate when your pay days are and including a feature for multi-day calculation would be extremely helpful for hourly employees to manage and keep track of how much they have made to date on their next paycheck.
Unless you as a company owner are worried that you aren't getting your money's worth out of an employee, Boomr is nearly useless for salary based employment. The only upside to using it for salary based employment is to be able to keep tabs on timeliness as well as watch to see who is putting more hour into the job and who might be stepping out earlier than they should.
Read Tyler Mangum's full review
Josh Preece profile photo
June 17, 2016

Review: "When you use Boomr, you can feel the Boom!"

We use Boomr to track time and attendance for our employees. They are able to log into an iPad each day and input their time and attendance. Or they can use their iPhones to do the same. It helps us track schedules worked as well as the day's work and breaks taken. The one concern is that it doesn't allow you to track the lunch times. You can only clock in and out, there is no "Lunch" punch. There is a break punch, but it continues to track them on the clock. It would be great if we would be able to make that adjustment.
  • Tracks time for each employee and makes it simple to use and view the time you clocked in and out.
  • It is able to show the pay stub details and allows you to see what amount of time was spent and the expected pay you would be able to receive.
  • It allows you to go back and look at each shift to verify you were clocked in and if not, you are able to make the adjustments to ensure proper payroll.
  • Lunch punch. It would be great if the lunch punch would block the time you clocked out and then back in without having to do the math. The information is already there, it just needs to be kept on the screen to view.
  • Total day accrued work time. When you clock out for lunch, the daily punches disappear and you have to go search for it to find out when you clocked out and are able to clock back in. If the lunch punch was able to stay on the daily page, it would make it more effective.
  • The total hours for the day would be beneficial if it was on the daily page and not moved to the back until the day has been completed with an in, lunch out, lunch in, and out punch.
For salary employees, such as myself, it is really not needed, but I still use it to show accruing time and logging in for scheduled hours. I think there is a large benefit for the hourly employees to see and use the tracking of Boomr.
Read Josh Preece's full review
Nate Breen profile photo
June 16, 2016

Boomr Review: "Simplicity in Design!"

We use Boomr to track hours for managers in training. While in training at our headquarters (Restaurant Support Center), we don't have a clock in/out system for hourly paid managers. So we decided to track hours on each manager's smart phone, using Boomr. Upon payroll dates, we can very simply export the payroll of each candidate free of charge to the franchisee, for approval to pay.
  • Simplicity - its interface is very easy to work with.
  • Easy to export payroll.
  • Occasionally, the GPS hasn't been 100% correct, and we've had to improvise on the location where the work was completed.
  • For hours calculated when different places of employment are needed.
  • For when hours need to be calculated at a venue where no clock in or out system is available.
Read Nate Breen's full review
Tyler Proctor profile photo
June 15, 2016

User Review: "Boomr provides peace of mind"

My company has 5 employees. I'm the only employee that was not a founder of the company and I use Boomr to track my time since I work remotely. It takes a lot of pressure off of working remotely and logging my time because it makes my times available to my employer and to me for transparency. It also keeps up with how much I am being paid for each shift.
  • Provides information on how much I'm getting paid for each shift
  • Makes time records available to me for later reference
  • Automatically makes time records available for my employer
  • Must have GPS coordinates confirmed to check in
  • Does not allow edits to shifts by either me or my employer for incidents like forgetting to check out
  • Does not display a new week's shift until a second shift is logged
It is very well suited to situations in which employees are working flexible, unsupervised hours remotely or in the field. I don't see it being particularly suited to people working together supervised in one location, or on a fixed schedule, though I don't see any problems with using the app in that kind of situation.
Read Tyler Proctor's full review
Jennifer Shelton profile photo
June 15, 2016

User Review: "Boomr is awesome"

We use Boomr Time Tracking for all the non-salaried employees in the office. It is used by approximately 15 staff members. Boomr solves the problem of having to report to a time clock to check in and out and to take breaks. It is easily accessed by phones.
  • Easy to use since it is on my cell phone.
  • Can check in and out from breaks without having to go to a time clock.
  • Times are automatically calculated.
  • You can review your time at any moment.
  • Sometimes Boomr does not work if it is not recognizing the internet access.
  • Would like to see the total of hours worked per week.
  • Would like to see PTO and holiday time included.
It's good since anyone can check in at any place in the office, versus everyone gathering around a time clock to check in, take breaks, and check out.
Read Jennifer Shelton's full review
Mike Arrison profile photo

Boomr Review: "Fantastic!!"

We work in a satellite location from the rest of our company so it's much easier to track our times ourselves rather than sending emails to our bosses or the like.
  • Great for tracking hours over a period of time
  • Great for looking back on previous hours
  • Great for tracking time when working out of the office
  • Giving a weekly summarization of hours and earnings
Boomer is well suited for tracking hours when working out of the office.
Read Mike Arrison's full review
Tim Sessions profile photo
June 14, 2016

User Review: "Boomr is the best solution"

Boomr is being used by my entire team. We use it to keep track of hours, for tracking PTO, and more. As far as problems it's solved, we are now able to go in and closely monitor hours and resolve discrepancies quickly. Boomr is a very powerful tool in this regard.
  • Quick check-ins.
  • Easy to monitor time clock.
  • Ease of use for employees.
  • Sometimes Boomr will have errors with checking in.
  • It would be nice to have location based reminders to check in.
  • It would be nice to have pop up alerts for when it detects if people haven't clocked out.
Any company that is tech based will have no problems integrating Boomr Mobile Time Tracking into their time clock solutions. It is also well suited for small businesses. Any large corporations with a lot of employees may struggle with implementing Boomr, but for the most part, it can be used by most small businesses.
Read Tim Sessions's full review
Jacob Klumker profile photo
June 14, 2016

Boomr Review: "Simple and Easy to Use"

The whole company is using Boomr. It creates a simple and easy way to clock in when arriving at work. The mobile app makes it possible to clock in right when you pull up to the office. No need to log into another site to clock in when you get to your desk.
  • Easy to use. It takes a couple easy touches on your screen and you are clocked in.
  • If you forget to clock out when you leave, you can do it while stopped at a light or when you get home.
  • Clock in before you even get to your desk. Time efficient.
  • Easily see how long you have been clocked in and how long your break is without even being in the office.
Boomr has been a reliable time tracking system for our company. We haven't really run into any issues. If you have a lot of employees, you will want to have a system in place to help remind employees to clock in when they get into the office. Otherwise, your payroll department will be flooded with emails from employees that need to adjust their times.
Read Jacob Klumker's full review
November 17, 2016

Boomr Review: "Great for most all Companies"

I enjoy using Boomr. It's easy to use. A couple of features that I wish that it had are: an online portal when my phone is broken or not accessible, I work from home sometimes and I can't clock in because it is too far from the home office, and I wish that it had an edit feature to alert HR to edit the clock ins directly on the app.
  • Ease of use
  • Convenient
  • Like that you have to be near the office
  • Online feature to clock in
  • Edit clock in on the app
I think that Boomr is great. I love being able to track my pay per day and or paid period.

Boomr Scorecard Summary

About Boomr

All-In-One Employee Time Tracking & Workforce Solutions for Businesses of All Types and Sizes. Easily track your employees work hours in real-time across any device, get overtime alerts, automate timesheet payroll reports, and save thousands yearly on inefficiencies. Mobile and desktop time tracking built for businesses with GPS, overtime alerts, real-time messaging, advanced reporting and more. Learn why over 30,000 businesses trust Boomr to manage their employee time!

Boomr Features

Boomr Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Standard Tier$4per user
Business Tier7.20per user

Affordable and Easy to Use With subscription pricing that's both flexible and competitive, we give your business the value it deserves. Grow with our product, pay monthly and cancel anytime. Plus, our product is simple and intuitive and can be implemented with your employees in the matter of minutes. Our awesome support team is always just a phone call or email away!

Boomr Customer Size Distribution