Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) is a cloud-based time tracking and scheduling app that allows employees to clock in and out from the job site with the devices they’ve already got in their pockets. The vendor aims to help companies replace paper timesheets with accurate, electronic time data as well as make payroll and invoicing faster and less costly.
QuickBooks Time also accurately tracks time and GPS points (even without cell or internet service) then automatically syncs when back in service, making it a better (and cheaper) alternative to geofencing.
The Who’s Working” feature enables companies to see where employees are located and who’s working on what in real time. QuickBooks Time also features in-app scheduling that allows users to drag and drop shifts, assign jobs, see who’s working at a glance, and send alerts to managers if employees haven’t clocked in for a job or shift as scheduled.
The vendor offers free unlimited phone, email, and chat support to all customers.
- Supported: Employee Time Tracking
- Supported: Employee Scheduling
- Supported: Employee GPS Tracking
- Supported: Who's Working Window
- Supported: Payroll & Accounting Integration
- Supported: Lunch and Rest Breaks
- Supported: Overtime Alerts
- Supported: Crew Functionality
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web, SMS, Phone|
- Integrates with Quickbooks
- Allows selection of clients/projects
- allows access via phone or computer
- Too complex
- Requires too much training
- Wasted My Time
- Absolutely Useless
- Fumbled the Ball
- Customer Care
- Exposure to executives
- Training their people
- Ignore customer service issues
- Hanging up on customers
- Fail to call back
- Customer service
- Resolving minor issues
- Taking people off hold
- Track time daily
- Give full reports for payroll
- Notifying employees immediately if they forget to sign out on a certain day, etc.
- easy for payroll
- time tracking
- connects to Quickbooks
- giving admin back passwords instead of employees
- allowing to make duplicate timesheets when multiple employees work together and you have to enter or change each time sheet
- Have attachments for each job
- Punch in/Punch out.
- Tracking down to the department.
- Manually time entry.
- Similar menu items with different functionality.
- Tabs remain open and overlay on top of one another.
- Unclear on punch hover.
- Full tracking of the work activities of our employees, allowing us to constantly review the breaks they take during each daily workday, and thus calculate the amount of pay based on the amount of work and hours worked.
- It shows a complete schedule of activities from the main tab of the platform, which is configured by the main administrator of our project, or our shift manager, so that everyone involved in the use of the platform can see the activities.
- In case of requiring presence in any activity within the platform, QuickBooks Time has an excellent alarm system that reminds us of the times when we must carry out our work activities.
- We have been very pleased with the quality that the QuickBooks Time communication team has offered us when clarifying our concerns about the payment methods of the service. They have offered convenient plans that completely fit our needs and budget, and for this reason we would like to recommend QuickBooks Time to improve the overall management of employee hours.
- QuickBooks Time is a dynamic service that helps to make it easier to schedule and make revisions to all operations during working time, as it is helpful to delimit the hours of delivery of each file. The main thing about this software is that since it is easy to use, all employees involved can take care of submitting their activity and hours without any problems.
- There is not a sufficiently accurate GPS location tracking capability, leading to detection errors by the platform. It means that sometimes the GPS shows the employee in locations where he/she was previously, and not the current locations.
- There are too many limitations in the notes tab, which despite showing great utility does not allow attaching content in any kind of format beyond text documents.
- The hours must be entered completely manually, demonstrating that the platform does not have artificial intelligence capabilities that allow it to adapt to our management and memorize the daily schedules and operations, so that future sessions will be automatic.
- The mobile app is very user friendly.
- It works on many phone platforms. IOS, Android and etc.
- Offers an array of reports to provide employee trends.
- We have been working with them for over a year attempting to successfully upload TSheets paydata to ADP.
- The IT customer service takes weeks to respond and solve an issue.
- Very hard to speak with the same customer service representative that's working on the particular case file.
- Employee scheduling.
- Clock in/out feature.
- Some functions are not easily accessible.
- Time tracking
- Mobile Apps
- Switching projects often in a day
- Adding/maintaining many projects
- Allow for easy clock in and clock out for employees
- Allow for scheduling of work shifts and assigning employees for those shifts
- The desktop version of the TSheets schedule does not have a search feature. This makes it challenging to find things you are looking for without extra work
- The app can be a bit buggy. Though it is a great app, there are many reasons that the app will stop syncing and can cause problems with staff scheduling
We rely on TSheets for scheduling staff for shifts in our event company. The schedule allows us to categorize events by type and add detailed notes. It also sends shift reminders to staff and allows for quick clock-in for such shifts. I suspect this would be really helpful for a restaurant or any other company that needs specific staff in specific places or roles at different times. The scheduler would be less helpful for companies that have 8-5 employees that don't need specific, per shift information.
- Tracking time: it's a fairly intuitive interface for tracking time against 1 or many projects
- Reporting: being able to view reports for a person, or project and billable vs non-billable hours is very useful.
- Interface: The UI isn't always super clear or easy in certain screens, it can leave you wondering which field needs correcting.
- Making changes: It can be a bit cumbersome to make changes to submitted timesheets until you get familiar with where to do this.
- Easy time tracking.
- Notes for each task.
- Reports for each project and task.
- Organization of customers.
- Overlapping time recording.
- Future time recording.
- Customized time off reporting to track different times of PTO (vacation, sick, parental leave, jury duty, etc.).
- Customized accruals: I can set standard accruals across the whole company, or I can set unique accruals. This is super helpful for our employees that work a modified 11-month schedule and don't accrue at the same rate as others.
- Very easy to use a mobile app that enables employees to quickly submit their time off requests and notifies managers when approval is needed.
- TSheets customer service is excellent. When I first set it up, I had a few questions, and their support chat feature was quick and painless.
- It's a bit pricier than some other options, but the customization is unmatched by its competitors, so it's worth it, even for a small business like ours.
- I really don't know of any areas that I'd recommend improvements on.
- It's a great tool that does what it's supposed to without much hassle.
- Support (their help desk team is incredibly helpful and always quick to respond).
- Ease of access and use (the app is user-friendly an intuitive, and the desktop version is equally as approachable).
- Manager functionality (it's useful to be able to clock employees in and out at multiple events on the same day by sorting them into different groups by manager/event).
- GPS tracking (sometimes the GPS will drop a pin that's not particularly close to where the employee was at the time of clocking in/out).
- Mobile efficiency (it's a bit of a battery drainer, the app - it's hard to make it through a full event without my phone completely dying).
- Updates (I feel like the website is constantly undergoing updates that make it impossible to log in. It happens frequently enough that I've noticed it - so maybe fewer, larger updates during non-standard business hours).
- I wish there was a way to view vacation and sick hours on T Sheets - though this may just be missing because our Controller hasn't plugged them in.
- Bill time by jobs
- Easy and quick to clock in and out, and has separate button for lunch breaks
- GPS tracking helps us to verify employee's activity on-site
- Reminders to clock in / out can be very handy
- Having a responsive app for iPad would be handy for management - I use the full desktop website which works pretty well, but it can be challenging to accurately select the edit checkbox instead of notes or other icons which are nearby
- Allows tracking for billable items.
- Easy for users to modify their time cards.
- Very user-friendly for all employees. The employee age ranges from 20 years old to 65 years old.
- Easily accessible with an app on a tablet/smartphone or at home on a desktop; people can use it anywhere!
- Responsive and helpful customer service representatives whenever there are issues.
- I'm not sure if this is an option and we just don't have it on our version, but I don't know how to change a single punch. If I forget to punch out (or punch in) I can only edit the "total hours" for the day and it deletes all punch history for that day. If it would be possible to just change the one mistake punch that would be ideal.
- As a user, it doesn't show my PTO total (that could be an admin user portion on our end).
- It would be helpful to be able to record "start mileage" and "end mileage" so we could track the total mileage for the week for both property managers and maintenance.
I don't think TSheets is helpful in older businesses (such as my current place of work). The older generation doesn't have smartphones and don't use computers and some don't want to learn new technology. We do a lot of paperwork here, and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think it would be a good fit for this business.
- Ease of Use-As an administrator I have found that TSheets is easy to learn and use.
- Minimal Training Required-As new employees are hired, the setup and training has been minimal. The software is intuitive and straightforward and as a result I have minimal questions and follow-up from new hires after they are provided with the initial training.
- Reporting is great-The reports are so helpful in managing our business by providing weekly and monthly reporting for our managers. In addition, the monthly reporting supports or customer invoicing process, limiting and reducing the time it takes to get the invoices generated and to our customers.
- I would like to see more functionality around rounding of time.
- In the Report Filters, I don't find the "Customer" selection process easy to use.
- Without "archiving employees" I'd like to see another way to get employees from showing in the selection list...maybe an "inactive" code.
- TSheets allows you to clock in and out remotely via a phone app which is great for employees in the field.
- TSheets allows as many subcategories as you need for each client. This is great for clients that request an itemized invoice.
- TSheets syncs with many software programs and allows you to easily apply billable time to invoices.
- It would be great if TSheets would allow employees to request time off or show that time on the calendar as being unavailable.
- It would be nice if TSheets had the option to mark all time as billable, since sometimes employees forget to list it as billable, and the Admin has to manually mark each entry as billable.
The only thing that I have noticed is a bit tricky is calculating overtime into our software system. It nicely uploads all the time, but doesn't always mark it as regular or overtime, so you have to be careful of that.
- The user interface is straightforward.
- The site loads quickly and runs well (no glitches with time sheets not being "clocked in").
- The initial setup could have been better. Upon signup many of the menu items were literally replaced by a horizontal bar. There was an email verification sent, but it was not clear that use of the site was pending this verification.
- track location of employees
- allow management to approve time worked
- allows management to know in real time how long it is taking employees to work their service routes.
- I can't think of any areas of improvement.
1. No more driving to pick up or hand in time sheets!
2. No more employees filling in time cards 10 minute before they are handed in.
- Integrates so well with QuickBooks.
- Tracks labor costs for each individual contract.
- We use the Class feature for this. We enter contract names with the PO #s into the QuickBooks Class column, then employees are required to select a contract name when they clock in.
- Tracks Worker' comp codes for each employee.
- We use the Service Item feature for this. We enter each job description with the Worker's Comp codes into the Quickbooks Item column, then employees are required to select a job when they clock in.
- This saves us huge on Worker's Comp costs as Oregon has different rates for each job.
- I would love to have the option to share the schedules. With customers, generals, site managers, etc...
- Allows note entry, helps you look back and remember or understand some of the nuances for work tied to common jobs.
- I wonder if the menu appears to others a little repetitive or "sideways"? I am fairly linear and old school a little so I just did not jump in and find things as easily as I hope I would.
- Set up is via a web browser. Previous web time sheet tool was through Windows Remote Desktop.
- Some features like "Notes" field in the Manual Time sheet was a check mark under Advanced tab...didn't seem very intuitive
- Tsheets is simple to use, simple to train new users and it was easy to integrate the software.
- The customer service is the best I have ever encounter, time & again. For example, I spent a good portion on the phone with Jacob this afternoon. I had several items on the complex side - of which he was beyond friendly, positive & problem solving oriented. All matters were addressed - he partnered with his customer & took on my obstacles as his own. Very pleased.
- 1/16/18 Update: I want to acknowledge the top notch customer service just provided by Ashley. I had several areas that required attention, which took better than a quarter hour. Ashley was friendly, positive & had extensive product knowledge. She was focused and delivered results. It's refreshing to have a company and employee actually team up with you - keep up the great work!
- They do a good very good job of taking into account customer input and suggestions. However, there needs to be a better structure to list the priority of items. This would allow me to make a better decision on which direction to proceed (i.e. if a low priority I would move to plan b, if a high priority I would wait it out).