Reviews (1-1 of 1)
January 04, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
NS1 is being used as a commercial DNS provider for the organization. Its advanced DNS features, including traffic management and full-featured API, make working with the product easy. Also, as the Terraform provider continues to mature, NS1 will be able to support more features for infrastructure as code to make the product more maintainable.
- Excellent uptime and performance, allowing for consistent and fast resolution
- A strong customer-focused feature set that continually evolves
- Excellent API support and infrastructure as code support through Terraform
- Terraform provider has bugs and NS1 is relying on a new release of Terraform (0.12) to fix the issues
- Some difficulty getting live customer support
Read Stephen Groat's full review
NS1 is great for high performance or geographically load balanced DNS needs for an enterprise product. The variety of different services and integrations make the product highly configurable and the great monitoring systems, including integrations with PagerDuty, etc., allow for an operation to easily watch for issues. NS1 is overkill for flat, easy to define, and static DNS solutions that won't use all of its advanced features.
NS1 Scorecard Summary
NS1 in New York offers a range of managed DNS solutions across a worldwide anycast network of servers, featuring intelligent real-time traffic routing and a full security suite.
Categories: Managed DNS
NS1 Technical Details