Reviews (1-25 of 32)
- Oracle allows immediate integration of our financial data and allows us to compare cost performance with revenue.
- The cloud allows various views of the same data. Something extremely helpful for executives for different needs on what they want their final presentation to be. Some like spreadsheets with as much data as possible, and some like having everything tied into one 3-d graph. All these options are viable at the click of a button with Oracle's cloud.
- The best part about this product is accessibility. Having multiple job sites and multiple meetings can be cumbersome when you have executives constantly moving around. These programs allows access and presentation from a centralized format, something that can never be overlooked.
- This may be my own ignorance, but I've found that trying to teach less computer savvy people these programs is difficult. It's definitely a powerful program/storage solution, but we have yet to be able to integrate everyone as the interface seems like too much detail for them. So buyer beware.
- If I'm being honest, a large con for me was the cost. Our company pays a lot of money for these programs and luckily we utilize it but I would warn that anyone who embarks on this journey, truly use it to its capabilities, not just as a cloud based excel program.
- For my company specifically, The ROI module as become the least used tool we have. I wouldn't say there's anything too specific that turns us off of it, but we have other methods and these ROI calculations do not account for some of our contract styles, specifically PPPs.
- Allows user to see the full process of procurement from start to finish.
- Intuitive program for end users to navigate the process.
- Great for transitioning users to self service business model.
- OTBI reporting could be more intuitive. Hard for users to create custom queries/reports.
- Round trip punch out for vendors could be more customizable by end users, edit requisitions.
- Full spectrum of the process within one screen. For instance, see an invoice is on hold and the reason from the requisition life cycle.
- It is user friendly
- Good functionalities
- Easy reporting
- Easily integration with eBusiness suite
- Good product support from Oracle
- Need to provide the spreadsheet upload functionality for all configurations. So it is more time saving and more clients will move to Oracle Cloud.
- Provide at least two standard balance sheet and income statement formats, as they will be used by every client.
- Rapid implementation spreadsheets should have support for creating multiple ledgers at time, even if different currencies are being used for a specific country. Currently it supports only one ledger per country based on currency.
- It forces us to provide all the necessary info. This streamlines rework in the procurement cycle and ensures the PO gets created correctly the first time.
- All the inputs are on just a few screens. This makes the system easier to use and learn.
- The user interface is clean which makes the inputs understandable.
- There are many unused fields which clutter the screens. Those need to be suppressed.
- There are multiple unused screens. This is unnecessary.
- The search facility is weak.
- Easy to use, with minimal training needed.
- Biggest strength is that each team can manage their own requirements because it is a self-service model.
- Consequently, this improves the bottom line and cuts down the need to have a comprehensive team for ERP.
- It is really expensive! The EBS system is certainly not for everybody's pocket.
- Can get a bit laggy when trying to handle large files.
- Customisation of processes is lacking.
Lastly, if your organisation already has a comprehensive team to handle ERP tasks, then switching to Oracle ERP Cloud does not really make sense (unless you are prepared to lay off a large number of people).
- Easy to access
- Don't need high computer to run
- Lack of user friendliness. It is awkward to use. Many times you have to click multiple levels to find information that almost any other system provides on one screen.
- Time consuming to use: Every screen with a table will only return a few rows of the table and then makes you scroll down and the system fetches that data. Providing 10 columns of data 10 rows at a time is clunky, time consuming and unacceptable. If you investigate a record and return to previous screen you will have to do the fetching procedure all over.
- The seeded reports haven't covered even standard financial reporting, G/L research and inventory reporting. Writing your own reports is challenging due to a lack of documentation of how and where the system stores data.
- Poor customer service in both timeliness and quality of assistance.
- Assist with moving towards a shared services environment
- Helping us move towards common policies and procedures
- Assisting with a single chart of accounts structure
- The de novo roles aren't really best in class, and it is very difficult and time consuming to develop custom roles.
- Controls and audit trails
- Frees up IT resources versus an on-prem solution.
- Consistent update and patch schedule.
- Customer service/service requests
- Better integration with EPM, specifically PBCS
- Expanding ad-hoc reporting tools
At this juncture, we chose Oracle Financials Cloud across the organization. We started implementing in piecemeal fashion rolling it out to our acquired companies to start with and eventually for the entire organization. Oracle has a suite of tightly integrated applications which can be leveraged as we grow and scale.
- Oracle Financials Cloud is designed from the ground up incorporating industry best practices and it leverages latest and greatest technological technology stack available in the market.
- Oracle Financials Cloud is designed for the new age gadgets like mobile, tablet and desktop. All screens are touch friendly.
- Oracle's social network is integrated with Oracle Financials Cloud for better collaboration.
- User experience is enhanced to the next level.
- Oracle Financials Cloud comes with embedded analytics which gives insights into the software.
- Oracle takes care of all the upgrades, patches etc., leaving us to focus on our core business.
- The product does not have all the features available in its on premise ERP, Oracle eBusiness Suite. We raised some enhancements and hopefully they will see the light of the day.
- Oracle Financials Cloud works well with Firefox browser. It has some problems with other browsers.
- All pages in the cloud cannot be personalized yet. In its on premise version most Oracle Application framework pages can be personalized.
- User interface has some issues but easy to use
- Drop down menus are helpful
- Flexible product
- Some of ours user notice it will hang during a session
- Can still be time-consuming when creating new integrations of packages
- Needs improvement in processing speed
- Importing data using FBI or ADFdi are phenomenally easy. Review and error correction happen very well.
- Cash Management is breezy with bank statement imports, reconciliation, transaction rules, Cash positioning and forecasting features.
- Reports and Analytics features are truly on modern finance system requirements, with tools FRS, Smart View, BI Publisher etc
- Payable invoice from image technology on OCR can be better
- Accrual accounting with reversal process may have few more options
- Hyperion with General Ledger can perform better
Less Appropriate: Revenue Management for ASC 606 IFRS 15 is an unnecessary extra variant. Instead should have been the advanced extension of revenue recognition and multi-period accrual.
- Security controlled by job roles in function
- Logical flow of functional operations
- Features available for complete execution
- Reconciliation of balances to achieve completion
- Analytical possibilities for further activities
- Limiting task menu with scope of function
- Suggestions for next operation
- More blocks in the same page
- Able to pay our consultants, vendors, and employees on time and in the correct amounts and also send correct invoices.
- Fewer phone calls to our call centers
- Less turnover in our accounting department
- No issues so far
- Need to be a large company to implement this product.
- The cost of Oracle licenses is high.
- Need to have Oracle professionals in your IT department.
- Need to stay on top of new releases.
- Available anywhere on any device.
- Good user experience
- Solid financial and HR system with a rapidly evolving SCM offering
- OTBI will change our businesses view to transaction detail
- Projects integration with inventory management
- Better integration with talent management
- More tools and API to help with data loads / conversions and migration of code between environments
- The ability to use Smartview against the Essbase database is a plus. Only criticism is lack of detail available.
- The system is very stable with no issues. Not worrying or thinking about hardware is marvelous.
- Probably just an experience issue but navigation is a bit tough sometimes. Having to click 5 times to get where you want to be is painful. Shortcuts are very helpful.
- Reporting. The report writer is painful.
- Reliable uptime
- Ability to handle a large company of our size with multiple platforms
- Much of the support staff with OMCS tries to be helpful
- There needs to be more communication between QA and Development
- Would be nice to have same time zone support
- When there are bugs in the systems we need much faster resolution
It is suited for processing and reporting AP, AR, IC, JE, Recons.
It might not integrate well with externally sourced sub-ledgers.
- It allows you to see a complete database of customers who have ordered recently, ordered in the past, and are current/previous customers. You have access to all of the information of how a customer pays, how frequently, and when.
- The program allows you to have an organized approach for sending out past due invoices. No one wants customers who receive product and do not pay. This helps offer a solution to this by alerting you when this occurs.
- A struggle we've found is when the customer is over due and has a balance, it would be nice for the system to automatically send out an email to the purchasing or accounts payable contact on file. Right now, it does not so we are forced to pick up the phone and / or send another email to receive payment.
- We are able to embed .pdf's and signed agreements within the program to allow us to see what is being purchased and for how long to honor payment/agreement.
- Automation of negotiated terms and pricing helps cut down the administrative overhead immensely.
- Introduces great scope of streamlining your procurement process since Oracle relies on industry best practices.
- Fairly flexible in terms of configuration. Since procurement processes change from company to company, it is great to have a product that has fair degree of flexibility in configuring the policies and approval.
- Reporting capabilities are virtually endless with really good data visualisation. What's more? You can have customised dashboards according to each user type.
- Decent change/version management while mantaining documents
- While reporting capabilities are good. Most of it comes from a custom report which are by no means easy to develop. The out of the box reports are not that good.
- If you do not really follow a very standard procurement process, it could be a problem because it could be tedious to change some behavior systems. Oracle does have a facility to log ER (Enhancement Request) but it takes them over a year(and sometimes more) with no guarantee that the feature will come in subsequent releases.
- Oracle Support is a nightmare to deal with. The customer care team is incompetent and even after multiple interventions by an Oracle Implementation Success Manager, you might not get a timely response at all.
- Nice clean interface
- Quicker centralized data access
- Smoother interfacing between the different modules
- Helps automate a lot of the current manual processing due to 3rd party data connection issues
- Fuzzy item search feature missing
- Sales agreements not supported in cloud
- Interfacing with other 3rd party vendors takes a while and could be done quicker
- Quicker roll out of AI for demand planning
Oracle ERP Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle ERP Cloud
- Financial planning and analysis
- Financial close
- Revenue recognition
- Risk management
- Compliance and governance
- Project planning and execution
- Inventory and supply chain
- Product lifecycle
ERP software is the backbone of many organizations and Oracle aims to offer a modern, connected approach combined with the ease and flexibility of the cloud. Oracle ERP Cloud delivers the functionality, analytics, security, mobile capabilities, and social collaboration tools needed to run a business.
Oracle ERP Cloud Screenshots
Oracle ERP Cloud Competitors
Pricing per user varies by component within the Oracle ERP Cloud solution. Please see pricing information for the ERP Cloud components on cloud.oracle.com or contact Oracle Sales at +1.800.633.0738.
Oracle ERP Cloud Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oracle ERP Cloud Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||100+ countries and regions|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French-Canada, French-France, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|