Reviews (1-25 of 54)
Oracle ERP Cloud Review: "Intuitive enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform for all organizations"
- It streamlines all core business operations ensuring efficient workflows
- Offers cutting-edge financial reporting through its Financials Cloud ensuring accurate financial reporting and management.
- Enables comprehensive management of project and portfolios in their complete life-cycle hence ensuring efficiency and success.
- Its not that highly customizable.
- The monthly charges are a bit high as they are payable monthly/user.
- Poor internet connections impedes on how it works making it slow and sluggish.
- Oracle allows immediate integration of our financial data and allows us to compare cost performance with revenue.
- The cloud allows various views of the same data. Something extremely helpful for executives for different needs on what they want their final presentation to be. Some like spreadsheets with as much data as possible, and some like having everything tied into one 3-d graph. All these options are viable at the click of a button with Oracle's cloud.
- The best part about this product is accessibility. Having multiple job sites and multiple meetings can be cumbersome when you have executives constantly moving around. These programs allows access and presentation from a centralized format, something that can never be overlooked.
- This may be my own ignorance, but I've found that trying to teach less computer savvy people these programs is difficult. It's definitely a powerful program/storage solution, but we have yet to be able to integrate everyone as the interface seems like too much detail for them. So buyer beware.
- If I'm being honest, a large con for me was the cost. Our company pays a lot of money for these programs and luckily we utilize it but I would warn that anyone who embarks on this journey, truly use it to its capabilities, not just as a cloud based excel program.
- For my company specifically, The ROI module as become the least used tool we have. I wouldn't say there's anything too specific that turns us off of it, but we have other methods and these ROI calculations do not account for some of our contract styles, specifically PPPs.
- Best in class process flows
- Centralized, standardized control
- Integration with other modules
- Control accounts can be posted to by any subledger. For example, Fixed Asset control accounts can be posted to directly by Accounts Receivable, if someone wanted to. Restricting the control accounts to the necessary subledgers would be very helpful.
- Some processes are inconsistent in the manner in which they post. For example, if a revaluation job is run a 2nd time in a period you are required to manually reverse the 1st job. By comparison, if you run the translation job a second time in a period you don't have to reverse the first job.
- Confusion about whether a process should be in ERP or in FCCS.
- Full line of end to end products -- the ability for us to have insight from the beginning to the end of whole processes versus having to look at separate systems.
- Established best practices in the system. Using best practices built in by Oracle is a plus versus having too much customization flexibility.
- Enabling processes
- Regulatory limitations with the gaming area
- Single source of truth for Inventory Management and native integration with Maximo
- Part of the overall cloud strategy and ability to work seamlessly across systems, anywhere any device
- Oracle as ERP is a mature system so high level of confidence in the system
- More native connectors to other systems
- Not many thought leadership or point of views available around key topics
- Some guidance and white papers on topics such as Inventory Management. More self-assessments from Oracle around system capabilities
- Process simplification since it allows for users to simplify repetitive tasks and make better use of their time.
- It integrates with all our other systems so that moving data between the systems is easier and helps us mitigate data entry in various systems.
- Their cloud service has been up 99% of the time for us and that is more than what we could say for our past systems.
- It has allowed us to do consolidated reporting between our legal entities.
- Sometimes response from the web forms could be faster.
- Support is sometimes a little slow solving our issues.
- Patching bugs is slower than I would like.
We use this product to communicate real time data through the planning, manufacturing, and logistics department.
- Great customer service besides being very intuitive to use, it is easy to find answers for questions about the program.
- Easy to learn
- Global presence -Branches of the company in the US as well as international branches are able to use and communicate in the same software.
- Ongoing updates fixing and improving the software.
- Integration with other platforms
- Limited customization, it is hard to configure to be the way we want to be at our company.
- Limited product suites. With the increase of applications, it seems they should be bundled all together without need of upgrades.
The decision to move to the cloud its a very disruptive move within the organization but will bring significant improvements to our finance department
- End user experience is shocking for users
- instant message platform is great to track everything related to each transaction
- basically the security aspect of the cloud may be seen as a stopper for many IT departments who are used to have all under their own control
- customization and adapt to very specific needs of some companies will be something to improve
- Allows user to see the full process of procurement from start to finish.
- Intuitive program for end users to navigate the process.
- Great for transitioning users to self service business model.
- OTBI reporting could be more intuitive. Hard for users to create custom queries/reports.
- Round trip punch out for vendors could be more customizable by end users, edit requisitions.
- Full spectrum of the process within one screen. For instance, see an invoice is on hold and the reason from the requisition life cycle.
- It is user friendly
- Good functionalities
- Easy reporting
- Easily integration with eBusiness suite
- Good product support from Oracle
- Need to provide the spreadsheet upload functionality for all configurations. So it is more time saving and more clients will move to Oracle Cloud.
- Provide at least two standard balance sheet and income statement formats, as they will be used by every client.
- Rapid implementation spreadsheets should have support for creating multiple ledgers at time, even if different currencies are being used for a specific country. Currently it supports only one ledger per country based on currency.
- It forces us to provide all the necessary info. This streamlines rework in the procurement cycle and ensures the PO gets created correctly the first time.
- All the inputs are on just a few screens. This makes the system easier to use and learn.
- The user interface is clean which makes the inputs understandable.
- There are many unused fields which clutter the screens. Those need to be suppressed.
- There are multiple unused screens. This is unnecessary.
- The search facility is weak.
Excited about the final product at the end as we have all info flowing in one place and no need to work on multiple systems to address reports, sales, inventory and so foth.
we are able to reduce some of our manual journal entries, automate bank reconciliation and looking forward to reduce more in the future of those manual journals.
- Bank reconciliation is great, when automated.
- Automate rebates
- dashboards for different account monitoring
- i would live if dashboard columns you choose or make changes to view stay the same currently they are not
- Asset Keys are enable in the search engine even though you have the button on.
- data detail dump for accounts
Depending on the module, the various modules will be used by our appropriate resources.
Reports are typically not only leveraged by related departments, but by management in business operations and those responsible for making business decisions.
The reporting typically has replaced a manual process that required resources to compile accounting data and distribute it. Users can now access ready-made reports that have real-time data and flexibility for reporting.
- Lowers IT hardware costs.
- Evolves with you.
- The user interface could be updated. With a fast-changing web experience, the UI should stay current.
- More flexibility in environment management (shorter lead time for refreshes, shorter turn around time for environment provisioning and resizing, etc).
- Mobile, mobile, mobile.
Over the last two years, Oracle has done a much better job of unifying their many previous platforms and software. The system used to look different and you could tell that they leveraged different software products, but it now looks much better to the end users and system administrators.
- My company has been using On-prem Oracle ERP for the past 12 years. We have recently begun the journey to move to the cloud. We have implemented the Procurement Cloud and are in the process of reviewing financials and the PLM cloud.
- We have also started reviewing the maintenance cloud to see if it could provide better analytics than on-prem EAM.
- Oracle Sales Cloud and OTM cloud are other products that are considered among the well established Oracle Products.
- Since it has become a Saas model, the ERP cloud is difficult to customize and use as needed.
- We also need to work within the configurations available and adapt our business processes accordingly.
- I wish there were some options to customize the cloud to our requirements.
- The product has very clear responsibilities defined.
- The user interface is quite intuitive.
- The application is easy to navigate.
- There are frequent bugs our team has identified.
- We use Oracle's E-Business Suite in the US, and the flows and usability of the two applications is very different.
- There are quarterly updates to the application which result in a fair amount of changes requiring substantial testing efforts.
- Allows us to focus on our core competencies.
- Reliability and up-time needs to improve. We have experienced extreme slowness as well, which seems to correlate to patching activities. This causes significant disruption to our business operations.
- Easy to roll out newer versions, most of the out of the box functionalities are useful to handle business cases.
- Organizations can adopt newer functionalities and newer working conditions and stay ahead of competitors.
- It is easy to customize and maintain Oracle Cloud.
- There is a scope for UX experience.
Less appropriate if many customization has been done for current ERP on prem environmentq
Oracle ERP Cloud Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle ERP Cloud
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Cloud aims to offer a complete, innovative, and proven cloud ERP solution for organizations of all sizes. Oracle ERP Cloud manages core business functions such as financial management, project portfolio management, procurement, risk management, and enterprise performance management (EPM) in a suite of connected SaaS applications.
Oracle says it offers a modern, connected approach to ERP that takes full advantage of the ease and flexibility of the cloud. Built on machine learning, Oracle ERP Cloud comes with AI capabilities built into the applications and ready to use “out of the box,” including:
· Intelligent process automation
· Expense reporting assistant
· Intelligent payments
· Supplier recommendations
· Advanced access controls
Oracle ERP Cloud consists of several cloud applications, including Financials, Procurement, Project Portfolio Management, Revenue Management, Risk Management, and EPM. Each module promises to improve productivity and controls across your business, providing lower costs.
The suite aims to offer simplified financial management and increased collaboration through streamlined tools and embedded social capabilities, while a common general ledger increases business intelligence through deeper insights and data access. Oracle ERP Cloud promises the functionality, analytics, security and mobile capabilities needed to run your business today.
Oracle ERP Cloud Screenshots
Oracle ERP Cloud Videos (2)
Oracle ERP Cloud Downloadables
Oracle ERP Cloud Competitors
Pricing per user varies by component within the Oracle ERP Cloud solution. Please see pricing information for the ERP Cloud components on cloud.oracle.com or contact Oracle Sales at +1.800.633.0738.
Oracle ERP Cloud Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oracle ERP Cloud Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||100+ countries and regions|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French-Canada, French-France, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|