Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- Detecting malware
- Zero-day threat prevention
- Keeping you up to date with the latest threats
- I would personally like to see more JSON support in the API rather than XML, but that's being very nitpicky
- WF helps identify potentially malicious files across a large range of types and operating system executable files.
- WF + Traps helps catch things from a client that may traverse encrypted channels or that don't pass through a firewall.
- WF Appliance helps address compliance concerns allowing sandboxing of files on site.
- As all sand boxes, WF needs to stay on top of malware sandbox evasion techniques.
- The initial management and setup of WF could be better.
- Have had some bugs with WF code.
- This is could base and easily manageable for our collocation. While working within the could can review in live time potential treats that it has reported from other devices.
- Worked very well with existing Palo Alto devices.
- Another huge plus is the simplicity of managing and ease of scalability.
- Its cost is competitive with similar/like products available.
- Although it supports third party NGFW's I haven't tried and heard mixed reviews. I'd stay within the Palo Alto family of device.
- Support could become cumbersome if not identified from the beginning. Even though it's purchased through a vendor which could offer support ultimately having support from Palo Alto would be ideal.
- Quick definition downloads and updates. Version 7.1 can do one every 5 minutes. Zero day protection within 5 minutes is a huge plus.
- Quick manual or automatic examination of files. Palo Alto's wildfire site supports API uploads or manual uploads that provide more detailed information than a Virustotal, for example.
- Would be helpful if they supported more file types.
- Would be helpful if they supported uploads of larger files.
Palo Alto Networks WildFire Scorecard Summary
About Palo Alto Networks WildFire
Palo Alto Network’s WildFire is a malware prevention service. It specializes in addressing zero-day exploits and malware. WildFire utilizes a combination of dynamic and static analysis, as well as machine learning, to automate threat prevention. It shares real-time threat intelligence across the user base, and provides advanced sandbox testing environments to reveal zero-day threats before they get to users’ systems.
WildFire can be deployed on-premises, via the cloud, or as a hybrid system. It can integrate with third-party security tools. It is a cloud-based system to enable efficient scaling and optimizes with other Palo Alto product offerings.
Palo Alto Networks WildFire Competitors
Palo Alto Networks WildFire Technical Details