June 11, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
It is currently being used in some old VMs to protect legacy central systems, which are still in operation and for various reasons, their execution environment cannot be updated. It allows us to maintain a high level of encryption without consuming excessive resources.
- It allows you to choose several types of encryption and combinations to opt for a greater protection or speed of access, which helps when you want a balance between both based on your needs.
- Easy to install and configure, at least locally.
- Installation on demand is very cumbersome.
- There is no centralized remote administration for individual groups or systems.
- They surrendered to the BitLocker.
Read Carlos Daniel Casañas Bertolo ஃ's full review
It is good for older operating systems, which do not have their own encryption utilities. But you must have experienced staff in the tool because now the support is non-existent.
As I said before, they surrendered to BitLocker, so they took some time out of support and updates.