- It is used on our deployment servers and the severs are used as OSS in multiple …
- as a reliable, affordable alternative to other operating systems for users' …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Ubuntu Linux, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
It's still very good, have support for many languages and also Web Development, right out of the box, which makes it so much better, plus it's also understandable and easy to work with for the user, who's using Linux for the first time. Till today, I'll recommend Ubuntu to someone without thinking twice.
It addresses many problems that come with a windows machine. Ubuntu Linux comes with many inline software and thus saves time to install everything.
- It is used on our deployment servers and the severs are used as OSS in multiple departments for deployment.
- It is used by employees on an individual level for development of applications, as it speeds up the process.
- It is also used as distro for WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) on individual workstations in case the VM option is not suitable.
- as a reliable, affordable alternative to other operating systems for users' computers.
- as a server for running the principal software package used in the business.
- as part of a strategy to extend the service life of computers we use.
We also need server software that is both easy to set up and maintain and that is, above all, reliable. Many forms of Linux serve here, but using Ubuntu for both front-facing software and server software cuts down on maintenance time and training.
Because we mostly operating in environments with tight budgets, including volunteer organizations, we tend to buy used computers, most of which are a few generations behind the latest models. Linux generally allows us to use computers that could not handle Windows installations necessary for the job. In a few cases, albeit not with Ubuntu Linux, we are running machines that were designed for Windows XP.