Overall Satisfaction with 8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)
We're using 8x8 X Series for a single location fine dining restaurant. Our needs are seemingly simple: ensure that no customer call goes unanswered, period. Our previous solution, Verizon Business Digital Voice, failed this simple goal on multiple levels.
- Excellent user interface across multiple devices means minimal training and maximum adoption, particularly of advanced options.
- Ease of setup and management, which is crucial because as a small business owner these tasks fall to me, a non-technical user.
- Reliability and availability: we were shocked that our previous vendor, Verizon, regularly failed on these counts, which should be something that "just works." That has been our experience with 8x8.
- Although the admin portal of 8x8 X Series is far better than our previous vendor's, it's still complex. It might be helpful to add some more wizards (similar to the one for number porting) that guide users through common tasks. Still, excellent customer support and documentation overcame this small shortcoming.
- ROI is difficult to calculate, but compared to our previous vendor, value is immensely increased.
- We have created a customer experience that has given us more business and made us more competitive.
- Our employees enjoy using the system vs. being frustrated with it.
Verizon Business Digital Voice: complicated, unreliable. We lived with this system for years and never liked it.
Excellent human customer service and documentation. One point off for complexity.
Do you think 8x8 X Series delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with 8x8 X Series's feature set?
Did 8x8 X Series live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of 8x8 X Series go as expected?
Would you buy 8x8 X Series again?
8x8 X Series is well suited for small businesses that want to create a professional and responsive customer experience. In the restaurant industry, a missed call is missed business with few opportunities for second chances. Having an easy to deploy and manage solution like 8x8 has been a lifesaver. I would add that the outstanding human customer service makes a huge difference. From Sales through to Deployment and Management, the 8x8 team did not rest until we had all questions answers and problems solved.