Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Illustrator CC
[Adobe Illustrator CC] is not used widely across the company. There are a number of us in the Training and Development department who use it to create graphics that are incorporated into eLearning lessons and videos that we produce. I have used it to create 2d graphics, icons, and logos.
- It allows you to create vector graphics that can be manipulated as you need.
- It provides the ability to create professional looking graphics.
- You can manipulate fonts in many ways.
- The pen tool takes practice, and is not intuitive for some people.
- There are MANY features that may be overwhelming for a beginner.
- You need to also use Photoshop to create gifs, versus only using Illustrator.
- We have the ability to create graphics so we don't need to purchase them from a third party.
- We can create the exact graphics we need, and not be at the mercy of what stock graphics are available by third parties.
- We can save a vector graphic as the "source" and make changes/revisions as needed.
- It can take some time to create complex graphics.
- Not everyone in the department has a working knowledge of the software because of the learning curve.
- We have great looking graphics when we use this software.
You can make simple graphics in PowerPoint if needed, but it lacks the MANY capabilities of [Adobe Illustrator CC].
Do you think Adobe Illustrator CC delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Adobe Illustrator CC's feature set?
Did Adobe Illustrator CC live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Adobe Illustrator CC go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Adobe Illustrator CC again?
[Adobe Illustrator CC] is perfect for creating images that range from basic "flat" graphics to more complex 3d graphics using gradients, shadows, shading, etc. It is perfect for logo design and novel graphic creation. It also includes the ability to incorporate and manipulate text. I have used it to work with image files, although that is not its main purpose.