Adobe Premiere Pro is right for youhttps://www.trustradius.com/video-editingAdobe Premiere ProUnspecified9.11391012018-11-28T19:59:32.516Z
Updated October 15, 2019
Adobe Premiere Pro is right for you
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Premiere Pro
We used Adobe Premiere Pro as our editing software for The Weather Channel Post Production Department for several years now. We handle everything from short-form daily news content, to ads, to long-form docs. to original digital content. It works seamlessly with other platforms that we also use such as Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- The transition from Final Cut Pro to Adobe Premiere Pro isn't difficult.
- One of the more user-friendly Adobe products.
- Multiple ways to accomplish the same task so it makes for a good UX experience.
- The biggest knock I have is stability. After prolonged use, the platform becomes less responsive and often quits.
- The number of steps you have to go through before you even start editing. In FCP, you can start editing almost immediately.
- The fonts are too small. The software was made for someone with excellent vision.
- We edited a ton of daily news content on Adobe Premiere Pro.
- It's less expensive than other proprietary systems like Avid.
- Doesn't require as much maintenance.
We went with Adobe Premiere Pro because it was at a great cost point when compared to Avid. Final Cut Pro X was more of a prosumer piece of software than professional so that was quickly taken out of the mix. Premiere was just more suited for a professional, post-production workflow.