Well Synchronized With Apple iCloud
July 20, 2016

Well Synchronized With Apple iCloud

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Apple iCloud

Apple iCloud does data backup seamlessly. I'm already using an iPhone, iPad, AppleTV and a MacBook. Apple iCloud keeps them all synchronized. I can access my photos, contacts, calendar, notes, etc., on all my devices with the confidence that they're all updated. Simply put, once I selected to do iCloud, I don't think about synching things up anymore. It's just done behind the scenes.
  • Synchronized Calendar
  • Synchronized Contacts
  • Synchronized Photos
  • Would like the ability to have a folder on the desktop to auto upload to iCloud Drive
  • Would be nice to be able to share links with people like Dropbox for file sharing within iCloud Drive
  • Unclear how to not synch select photos
  • Built into Apple devices. It's one less expense to worry about.
  • Apple devices are more expensive, but ease of use and features such as iCloud are huge value adds.
Apple iCloud is great for keeping me on the same page with all of my devices as far as photos, contacts, calendars, etc., are concerned. However, Box or Dropbox are easier to use for collaboration. I like the ability in Dropbox or Box to have a folder on my desktop that auto-shares files with my colleagues and clients. I use both services.
If you're locked into the Apple product universe as I am, Apple iCloud is dead simple to use. It's just a matter of logging into your various devices, go to settings and turn on Apple iCloud. That's it. The system just does everything else for you. It's well suited for photos, calendar, notes, memos, Safari settings, etc. Use iCloud if you're planning to upgrade your iPhone or Laptop. Having iCloud is a huge timesaver when upgrading devices.

Apple iCloud Feature Ratings

Device sync
Device management
Performance
Reliability
Storage Reports

Using Apple iCloud

Users and Roles

1 - As an entrepreneur doing IT consulting, web development, web design, customer acquisition, and various other personal tasks on my Apple devices, I do all the business functions required of me to run a business.

Support Headcount Required

Requires no particular skills, just a basic understanding of Apple computers. Apple iCloud is pretty self explanatory.

Business Processes Supported

• Photos
  • Calendar
  • Contacts

Innovative Uses

• I use it in the standard ways. Seamless.

Future Planned Uses

• Calendar sharing.
  • Contact Sharing
  • Photo sharing.

Likelihood to Renew

It's so seamless that I can't imagine another product doing a better job synchronizing all of my devices. I simply do not think about it at all. Everything happens behind the scenes and I'm confident that Apple keeps my data safe and secure. I'm a happy customer as far as this is concerned. I have not had a bad experience with this service.

Using Apple iCloud

Usability

It does what it does behind the scenes. Whenever you do use the interface online, its functions are very simple to use.

Usability Pros and Cons

• Synch Calendars
  • Synch Contacts

Difficult Tasks

• Sharing documents with others with iCloud Drive
  • Determining how to not backup certain photos