September 07, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Apple iCloud
Currently using iCloud as storage for the number of iDevices we have deployed in the organization. We use it to store documents and to backup the devices. The backup feature has been helpful as we have had a couple of devices that failed and we were able to restore the user's data to the new device. It is also very helpful when doing a hardware refresh for our users where we can restore via iCloud during the setup.
- Backup and restore features work very well
- Ability to access documents and files across multiple devices
- Ability to sync contacts and user preferences, makes it easy to replace devices
- iCloud could use some improvement integrating better with businesses. Each user needs their own Apple ID which can be cumbersome the more users you have. Would be nice to have some type of management tool for iCloud for businesses that can be setup and handled by a company administrator. Would also like to see the ability for users to collaborate on shared documents.
- Positive impact when we had a couple user devices go down unexpectedly and lost no data thanks to the iCloud backup.
- Negative impact is managing multiple Apple IDs and passwords can be time consuming.