Overall Satisfaction with Atlassian Confluence
We currently use Confluence as our primary document collaboration repository - everything from meeting notes, status updates, how-to documentation, business processes, etc are all stored inside Confluence. This allows for anyone in the company to obtain access to meeting information and policies from a central, easy to navigate system. Every team within the company has their own 'space' within Confluence to format and design how their team operates within Confluence. The amount of data we moved from various Word documents and PDFs has been staggering.
- Document Collaboration
- Configurable Notifications for Spaces and Pages (when things get updated or comments added)
- Central resource for all documentation within a company
- Costs continue to climb for usage - Atlassian has recently announced dropping support of on-prem solutions and forcing people to adopt their cloud solution
- Segregated support - you may have to bounce between Atlassian support personnel and various plugin developers depending on what aspect of Confluence you need assistance with
- Limited mobile functionality compared to web-based
- Central repository for documentation - one source of truth
- Collaboration - both in commenting and notifications to various employees when policies and notes get updated
- Various spaces devoted to different teams to help segment data from one large stack
- We've gone from folders and folders of Word documents and PDFs into a single system with a search feature to bring all of our data together and trackable
- While onboarding took a bit longer for the company (to switch from a Word document centric mindset - to a web-based one), overall the company has embraced the features and power of Confluence within the working stack
- However, as costs continue to climb for the Atlassian product, we are forced to continue our evaluation of the product - with replacing it a remote possibility if it begins to outprice its usefulness to us.
Do you think Atlassian Confluence delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Atlassian Confluence's feature set?
Did Atlassian Confluence live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Atlassian Confluence go as expected?
Would you buy Atlassian Confluence again?
If you're looking for a wiki solution that is either internal or shared with trusted parties, Confluence is well designed as an enterprise-level product for that project. It shines best as a company wiki and document collaboration tool - allowing multiple users to edit a page in real-time at the same time (similar to Google Docs). Permissions can be set at the page level or space level to further enhance a user's ability to find content relevant to them.