In LOVE with AVATAX!
June 14, 2018
In LOVE with AVATAX!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Avalara AvaTax
The Key insights to implementation are making sure you read the sourcing codes and mapping them properly.
Avalara is an important addition to our company's processes. We were able to take billing to a completely different level. We have our Shop Supervisors billing now and our Parts Managers. At a Business standpoint, if your business is collecting in multiple states, I would highly recommend using the Avatax portion of Avalara. The ease of knowing that a Tax Professional is an email away is a nice feeling.
- It provides answers to commonly asked Sales Tax questions. Avalara's website is very user-friendly and you can get most of all your answers to any of your questions right then and there.
- Monthly Sales Tax filings- The reports to reconcile with are very detailed and make sales tax life so much easier.
- Integrates well with other accounting systems. It will make your day to day billing process so much faster. The system validates addresses by location to get you the correct tax amount every time as you are billing.
- I'm guessing the only con would be that sometimes we do get issues where we get like a timeout, and the system takes too long to ping back into our system and the document doesn't get uploaded onto the admin console and we have to manually enter into that month the invoice was done. But the admin console is very user-friendly so it doesn't take much to upload it. I'm not too sure you can do anything about speeding up the internet!
- I'm thinking what would be nice if you had an automation of mailing out the invoices as well.
- We save money by not having to hire a tax expert just to get our invoices out to our customers. Along with filing our company's monthly sales taxes for all the states that we collect in.
- We save time due to having more employees being able to do invoicing. Which leads to a faster cash flow.
- We have only Avalara integrated into our Accounting Software.
Our software company did most of the integration between the 2 systems. It didn't take long and works very well.
Our company uses the Returns Filing of Avatax and it's a great benefit to just be able to reconcile the 2 reports and know that the company is only paying what it should be.