Overall Satisfaction with BlackLine
BlackLine is being used to manage tasks related to month end close activities for the Record to report, order to cash and procure to pay. It has been implemented for the different shared service centers that supports the controlling organization, so it has been a global solution for the company. And I can say that it really solves the issue of having accurate and up to date status of month end close.
- Up to date status of activities.
- Reliable source to get reports to perform analytics.
- Get rid of shared spreadsheets to control checklists.
- Integrated solutions, such as reports.
- System admins be able to create columns with custom data.
- Mass maintenance of tasks, it is kind of painful.
- BlackLine community, knowing that there is a global network is positive.
- BlackLine U, having trainings and materials available all the time.
- Has reduced the time invested in closing the books.
From the cost perspective, BlackLine stands out over Cadency, since the company was really focus on budget when looking for new solutions to manage month end close activities, one of the reasons we selected BlackLine was the portfolio solution and price were align to our needs, as well as we couldn't find a major difference for the cost in terms of quality of the solutions offered.
Do you think BlackLine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlackLine's feature set?
Did BlackLine live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BlackLine go as expected?
Would you buy BlackLine again?
I would give BlackLine a 9 because it is quite intuitive, easy to use and user friendly. It took the organization a couple of sessions to get all the users trained, as well as the System administrators.
I rarely need support from the BlackLine team because it is very easy to use and doesn't give me major issues.
If you are using shared spreadsheets to control your month end close activities and checklists, BlackLine will eliminate the need of having several users waiting to update an Excel file, and then be able to review that file to have the true status of what is going on. BlackLine centralizes that and simplifies the way month end close is being monitored.