Overall Satisfaction with BlackLine
My A&F teams have been using BlackLine for Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, and Task Management for a little more than three years. It saves us tremendous time during the closing period, more accuracy, transparency and control. The experience I have had with BlackLine implementation consultants and BlackLine support team are remarkable.
- Great customer review makes it easier to convince the leadership to come on board
- Great user experience makes it easier to introduce new functionality to the team
- Unfinished products makes me hope more and better
- More fields available in the reporting functionality
- More visibility on account reconciliation template
Do you think BlackLine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlackLine's feature set?
Did BlackLine live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BlackLine go as expected?
Would you buy BlackLine again?
2 - problem solver, can navigate well with system, not an IT but more technical than most business persons.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Prepare journal entries with account validation rule, so no incorrect GL account should be posted to.
- Approval workflow assures every transactions are properly approved.
- Different journal templates assign to different users so they can use different accounting rules.
Evaluating BlackLine and Competitors
You will have to meet up with your final users, approver, internal auditor and accounting policy holder. Everyone has to agree. When you have a well written process, workflow, policy, approval requirement, and control, your implementation process will be much easier.
Change management was a minor issue with the implementation - I would spend more time in helping each team choosing right template for their account reconciliation, and given more convincing reason to stop them from relying on excel template.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
I do not know of premium support, but the current support I have is very efficient to what I need.
Yes - They inform me about the next release date that will fix the bug, and it did get fixed at the time they committed.
I'm very satisfied with the experience I have had with BlackLine. The new releases and features excite me even more.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
Slow to learn