Updated June 22, 2022
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Canva
I am the main user of Canva in my department, however, I oversee other people that use Canva as well. Canva is only used within the marketing division. Canva allows me to quickly and easily create social media graphics, basic video clips, posters, flyers, and so much more - all without having to open PhotoShop, InDesign, or Illustrator. It also allows me to quickly and easily share designs with others and collaborate on projects.
- Collaboration - it's easy to share your design with your team members
- Design library - Canva has a ton of great stock photos, icons, videos, fonts, and patterns all pre-loaded and ready for you to use. Their search function works well to find these materials.
- Templates - The sky is the limit when it comes to creativity and what you're able to build within Canva, but you don't have to be a graphic designer to use the software. You can easily create slideshows, presentations, flyers, etc - with their templates.
- Brand kit - upload your logos, colors, fonts, etc so all of your designs are on brand.
- Sharing and downloading - you can post directly to your social media accounts from Canva or download your materials in a variety of file types
- The search function for photos needs to be expanded. It would be great to click the "view more like this" button and have it filtered to photos that look exactly like that one. Currently, it'll only take you to more photos by that same photographer, which is the most helpful.
- Being able to resize elements like shapes would be great. Sometimes I need a specific sized rectangle and it's really hard to find one that's already built.
- Sometimes things don't completely line up, even if I use the "align" tools.
- Additional text editing options - adding superscript, additional bullet points, etc
- Flexibility - while it's mainly used for social media content, we can also use it for printed materials that need to be put together quickly.
- Additional perks - we use the paid version, so having a large collection of stock photos with our account is important.
- Being able to quickly and easily create content
- Price point - the price is important because we need to justify using this software and having Adobe CC subscriptions as well
- Canva has saved so much time. I can't even estimate how much time it's saved to create content on the fly over the past year.
- Canva has made it much easier for our team to collaborate on creative - especially while we've all been working remotely due to the pandemic. This has brought the team closer and stronger.
Canva takes the top used features in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign and combines them all into an easy to use web based software. What's not to love about that? Sure, you can't do insane photo editing in Canva, but it does have a nice selection of stock photos that you can toss a few filters on. The templates for flyers, posters, and other printed materials might not be as eloquently laid out as something a graphic designer could put together in InDesign, but when you're a small company with an even smaller budget, sometimes you have to make those types of sacrifices.
Do you think Canva delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Canva's feature set?
Did Canva live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Canva go as expected?
Would you buy Canva again?
I'll always recommend Canva to basically anyone that needs design software, but doesn't have the time, skillset, or budget for actual design software like the Adobe Suite. The most basic account is free and provides so many options for building content. I can't think of another free software that gives you so much room to grow, build, and design. Canva is appropriate for teams of all sizes. As a graphic designer, I thought I'd prefer to continue creating our social media content in PhotoShop, but Canva is much easier and quicker. Plus, I can copy and resize content so everything is guaranteed to fit the social platform that I'm designing for. In PhotoShop, I'd need to know that information off the top of my head.