Canva Reviews

Andy Fuller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

As far as I can tell, Canva is pretty unique in its offerings. More robust design platforms can do the same things, of course (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)...and we use those too. But for a quick-turn project to be used by multiple people with no formal design training, Canva is a great bet.
Read Andy Fuller's full review
Elizabeth Hyman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I prefer to design in Canva and upload into Mailchimp because it's easier and there are a ton more options. Mailchimp isn't the exact same as Canva, but it does provide some graphic design for emails. However, I've found that using Canva to design the emails it comes out much more polished and on-brand.
Read Elizabeth Hyman's full review
April 13, 2021
Sitanshu Mehrotra | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Like Visme, there is Easil, Snappa, and others in the market. But each one of these products targets one functionality at a time. Visme is good for presentations, Easil is great with templates for Instagram, and Facebook.

But Canva is a holistic package, it has evolved to encapsulate all the aspects under one banner. Also, the free account gives enough space to create which in a way is a limitation with some other Saas(s) available in the market.
Read Sitanshu Mehrotra's full review
April 13, 2021
Aaron Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Compared to more advanced resources, like InDesign, Canva is limited. But what it excels at is in it's ability to leverage basic skills into professional work. A dedicated graphic designer will feel limited. But for our staff, where many of us needed the ability to create graphics quickly, it did help to speed up production work quite a bit.
Read Aaron Steinberg's full review
Kristi Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Years ago, I used to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. My old job paid for them and some basic design classes, but I was mostly self-taught. And there was a steep learning curve on those programs since they are used by professional designers. So, it made perfect sense when Adobe Spark came out as a direct competitor to Canva (though I don't know which was first). When I first started using Canva, several years back, someone told me about Spark and since I had previously used Photoshop and Illustrator, I decided to give Spark a try... In my opinion, it was very behind Canva. The features and templates were not there, so it was never really a decision at all. I'm sure it's come a long way in the last couple of years, but I wasn't impressed with Spark when I tried it. If there had been no Canva, I'm sure it would've been a good solution. However, when I compared the two side-by-side, Canva blew it out of the water.
Read Kristi Porter's full review
Thomas White | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

For rapid turnaround time projects with limited graphic scope, Canva is a great tool and I prefer using it to Photoshop. The ability to quickly create a canvas, drag and drop and rearrange uploaded images and free-to-use graphics is not something that Photoshop does well. If you are a power user of Photoshop, Canva is less likely to be your go-to platform. For the cost and even the free model, Canva offers a great package. For creating truly professional artwork, Photoshop is a much better choice.
Read Thomas White's full review
Saralyn Scherer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Canva is more intuitive and easier to use than Adobe PhotoShop or Illustrator. I'm not a designer, I work in Marketing so when I needed creatives made I had to outsource to our design team and try to fit my project on their calendar. I tried to learn other programs myself but you have to take courses in order to understand how to use all of their tools. Plus you have to come up with the design from scratch. I figured out how to use Canva on day one and still find spectacular designs in their library.
Read Saralyn Scherer's full review
Jess Messenger | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Canva is the only graphic design platform that I've used and we believe in the value it provides. Our graphic designer uses Adobe products that are better suited for someone with extensive graphic design experience.
Read Jess Messenger's full review
April 05, 2021
Carolyn Zonts | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Canva is FREE! That is why this makes Canva the best! You only upgrade for specific fonts and templates. Canva is seriously the most amazing tool out there and has no competition!
Read Carolyn Zonts's full review
April 15, 2021
Kathryn Juarez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Before turning to Canva's online platform for my printed pieces, I was using MS Publisher. Publisher is a good tool but Canva has taken things to a new level and is designed with the end-user in mind. It's simple to use; has many built-in templates, fonts, backgrounds, pictures and elements and many of them are free! Changing shape and size, adding pages, downloading as a .pdf or .png file - it's all right at the click of a mouse and I cannot say enough about how much I love working with Canva!
Read Kathryn Juarez's full review
Adam Reiley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

While less powerful and with fewer features, for our purposes, Canva is more effective than Adobe PhotoShop. It is much easier to use and creates beautiful presentations that meet the needs of our organization. We do not need trained graphics professionals or a large budget to use Canva. Canva is awesome!
Read Adam Reiley's full review
Genie Huff-Forkner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

You can just about forget about using Publisher or PowerPoint once you start using Canva! Canva blows them out of the water! PosterMyWall is good for posters, just like it says in its name. If you are not a graphic designer by nature, then Photoshop is not for the inexperienced user.
Read Genie Huff-Forkner's full review
April 10, 2021
Melissa Meece | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have not used anything like Canva. I don't know of anything that has the kinds of features Canva has. TrustRadius is asking me for more words but I don't have anything else to say since I don't have anything to compare it to.
Read Melissa Meece's full review
April 10, 2021
Stacey Stearns | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have InDesign but have struggled to become proficient with it. Canva is a more cost-effective and user-friendly alternative. Our designer still works in InDesign and for a designer, it has superior features, but to get some projects completed quickly with higher quality, Canva is a great choice.
Read Stacey Stearns's full review
Reagan Baird Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Canva’s free version has more than enough to effectively create beautiful graphics. The user interface is more user-friendly, in my opinion. and is able to provide more direction in the way of templates that meet every specific need I can think of in terms of digital and print marketing. Where Adobe provides more freedom to create art and edit photography, Canva is made specifically for digital and print media marketing and design.
Read Reagan Baird Edwards's full review
March 18, 2021
M Zubair Shah | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Canva is a total designing package having industry-standard templates, images, videos, and elements for almost all sorts of design projects. Everything is pre-built and no prior experience is required to start working in Canva. A customer demands quality and timeliness when it comes to delivering the project, therefore we considered Canva to deliver projects within stipulated timeliness maintaining the quality of our services.
Read M Zubair Shah's full review
March 14, 2021
Evan Kent | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I didn't really look at any other company's. Once I used the free version and it worked well and did what I needed I did not have a need to continue to look further. However, from friends who use other software, it seems Canva has 98% of the features at a fraction (0%) of the cost.
Read Evan Kent's full review
December 22, 2020
Mileva Stankovic | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I've briefly tried designing images in PhotoShop, and found it to be too much for my PC. PhotoShop's interface is also confusing, plus I'm not a full-time professional image editor, so I needed something for a smaller price. It has some similar features to PhotoShop, but it's not as overwhelming to work with. And even if I wanted to pay for Canva, it'd be much cheaper than PhotoShop.
Read Mileva Stankovic's full review
December 22, 2020
Preet Chovatiya | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I selected Canva against Adobe PhotoShop because Canva saves a lot of time by using their pre-made templates. [You] don't need to install fonts inside Canva because almost all fonts are listed in Canva. Canva's interface is very user friendly and easy to use. Canva helps me to design any size of social media post with just one click and that doesn't happen in PhotoShop.
Read Preet Chovatiya's full review
April 12, 2021
Haradhan Das | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Canva one of the best tool for [making] digital assets and Canva comes with cheap pricing and also comes with multiple productive features. Adobe Spark [is[ also [a] good cloud-based editing system but Canva much [better than] Spark post. Also Canva pricing is ok but as per me spark post price is too high.
Read Haradhan Das's full review
April 12, 2021

Alternatives Considered

Canva is a lot easier to use than Publisher. I actually started using Canva after getting frustrated in Publisher trying to create a simple graphic that featured numerous sponsor logos and a little text. Canva also defaults to saving as either jpg, pdf, or png and will prompt you to choose when you download your work. Publisher defaults to pub files, and if you are collaborating with someone on a Mac, you'll have to reformat it in order for them to have access. Not a big deal, but something I've had to deal with a few times before switching to Canva.

Alternatives Considered

Canva takes the top used features in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign and combines them all into an easy to use web based software. What's not to love about that? Sure, you can't do insane photo editing in Canva, but it does have a nice selection of stock photos that you can toss a few filters on. The templates for flyers, posters, and other printed materials might not be as eloquently laid out as something a graphic designer could put together in InDesign, but when you're a small company with an even smaller budget, sometimes you have to make those types of sacrifices.

Alternatives Considered

Canva is easy to use and offers a free version with basic features. It doesn't take a lot of time to figure out how to create stunning images in a few minutes. We selected Canva as it more free features than the other applications and had sharing feature as well so others could review the images created.

What is Canva?

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).

Canva Video