Canva saves the day!

April 26, 2022
I currently use Canva to create graphics for my organization for events, social media, and our annual ad booklet. We had problems with …

Easy to use!

April 26, 2022
I use Canva to make social media posts, to edit personal photos, and to edit graphics for organizations related to my children's after …

Poor customer support

March 15, 2022
I use Canva for marketing materials I recently had 4x6 post cards printed and they did not complete the printing on the back. I have …

Game Changer

January 22, 2022
Canva has changed my business. I am a marketing professional and not a graphic designer but it has allowed me to get my designs out of my …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Canva, and make your voice heard!

Pro

Welcome home
Welcome home
01:34

What is Canva?

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).

Canva Videos

Best Free PowerPoint Alternatives
Introducing Canva

Canva Technical Details

Canva offers a much higher level of free customization than the other programs, which means that it allows users to create a greater diversity of templates and vectors at no cost, and it also has a free library with a wide range of free templates and vectors compared with others.
Canva takes the top used features in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign and combines them all into an easy to use web based software. What's not to love about that? Sure, you can't do insane photo editing in Canva, but it does have a nice selection of stock photos that you can toss a few filters on. The templates for flyers, posters, and other printed materials might not be as eloquently laid out as something a graphic designer could put together in InDesign, but when you're a small company with an even smaller budget, sometimes you have to make those types of sacrifices.
MD Abu Kawsar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva has a great interface with easier instruction. The software is loaded with tons of templates & features which helps to create great designs easily & super fast than the alternative tools available. Anyone with basic skills can be a Canva expert within a few days & access the design from anywhere & any device.
Cathy Peters | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva is a user-friendly platform that beginners can learn easily. Canva is a fast way to get designs done quickly. The Templates are very good. I found the others were hard to learn, limited in design abilities, or just too expensive. I love other software options but this is all inclusive
Michele Veiga Morales | TrustRadius Reviewer
Clear and objective interface, ease of use. A clear and objective interface provides the user with a lot of freedom to create the content they want and use their creativity to their advantage during the construction of the most diverse models of newsletters, cards, invitations, explanatory folders or any other desired information vehicle.

Canva saves the day!

Canva is very easy to use compared to Adobe InDesign. I have gone through many tutorials trying to learn Adobe and it is hard to use. The sizes, fonts, designs, and colors are easy to pick and position. In Adobe InDesign I feel like saving or getting to your graphic is complicated.

Easy to use!

• Adobe Creative Cloud Express (formerly Adobe Spark)
Canva is much easier to use. I've never been able to figure out any of the Adobe products. They're just not user-friendly from my experience.
Stacey Stearns | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have InDesign but have struggled to become proficient with it. Canva is a more cost-effective and user-friendly alternative. Our designer still works in InDesign and for a designer, it has superior features, but to get some projects completed quickly with higher quality, Canva is a great choice.
Augastin K Lazar | TrustRadius Reviewer
PicMonkey does not provide a free option, and its template library is less than Canva's. Both platforms have a simple user interface and are suitable for beginners. Canva, on the other hand, provides more comprehensive tools for producing graphics for social media, advertisements, commercial use, etc. As for Visme, the subscription plans are more costly and its social media sharing options are less robust. But in Canva there are pre-made presentations and social media posts which makes it best for small startup businesses.
Snappa was very basic in terms of collection of tools. Canva is more advanced than Crello and the easy interface never lets you realize how feature-heavy it is for amateur designers. Also, Snappa sort of charges per user while Canva comes for the team as well. Canva has way more templates than Snappa and the templates in Canva are very udpated.
December 03, 2021

Canva for the WIN!

Canva is easier to use and requires less experience. Canva is also so easy it makes it significantly faster to produce content than using any Adobe products. Canva allows you to use professional designs and can help even make the most novice designers produce professional-looking work. For social media content and other less tedious graphic design, Canva is definitely the way to go!
Rekha Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
There is no doubt that Adobe PhotoShop has great potential. The software can be used to do almost anything, but it requires a lot of practice and mastery. Canva is easy, fast, and creative, and even a beginner can use it without any experience. Adobe PhotoShop requires users to create from scratch and sometimes they require third party applications, but in Canva everything is built-in.
I have selected Canva as it is User friendly, no much designing knowledge needed and is very easy for beginners to handle. The exporting option is quite easy compared to others and can be easily shared with the team. Images clips or elements needed for the design is easily available on the platform and the pro version has attractive text styles
Alex Chaidaroglou | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have only tried Photoshop as an alternative to Canva and I don't know any other competitors.

However, I don't know if Photoshop is a direct alternative to Canava because Canva is mostly tailored to people with no design skills, whereas Photoshop has more capabilities for mostly designers.

Photoshop had a steep learning curve and a lot of functionality, some of which was complex for my needs. For quick images, Canva was more efficient than something more advanced such as Photoshop.
I know how to use these tools, but I am not a designer. I am just an autodidact and very curious user. I learned how to use them because I needed an easy way to create the graphics of my content. When I found Canva I was so happy because it was way easier to use, more versatile.

Also, talking about presentations, I changed from PowerPoint to Keynote. Recently I changed from Keynote to Canva for many reasons. One of the most important was that these apps are very heavy and when you have a really big presentation, they consume way too much memory, making the system crash at some point. I have lost a lot of content that way, so I've gotten tired of it.
The other programs listed above arent better or worse than Canva, they all bring different things to the mix. If you don't want to buy an Adobe license or learn how to use Photoshop or Illustrator than Canva would be right up your alley. Create social posts, fliers, advertisements, etc all on Canva and save things like Printed works for Adobe and website landing pages for Figma.
Adobe PhotoShop is the only one I was able to pick from above. We have one employee that uses this occasionally, but she has since switched to primarily editing things with Canva since our photo editing and creation requirements are pretty minimal. However, the other software we typically use is Gravit.io. It wasn't listed in the above selections. It's an easier-to-use and free-to-use version of photoshop with fewer features that has a premium feature model just like Canva. Although, it doesn't have the library that Canva has and you can't really use it on mobile devices. Which doesn't make it ideal at times.
Pratik Goyani | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva stacks up against the other platforms, because Canva provides us thousands of ready-made templates that all are free to use. Canva provides us facility to import custom fonts for branding management. We can export creatives in many formats by using Canva Pro version. Canva also provides Social Media Calendar for managing content.
Canva is easier, faster, and less expensive than Adobe. It allows for people who are not graphic artists to create quality professional looking content fast. I have been able to save hundreds of dollars annually with a single Canva pro subscription vs. a full Adobe subscription. I also like how I can access Canva across devices and can even create on my mobile phone easily.
Shawn Hamp, Esq. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva offers the best value for the money graphic software solution. Its costs are exceptionally lower than Adobe PhotoShop and its graphics are much lower in costs compared to Getty Images. Canva does not offer the full extent of graphic tools like Adobe PhotoShop and the graphic image library is not as extensive as Getty Images but it gets the job done for creating quick and relevant social media posts.