February 06, 2020
Score 6 out of 10
- Coupa Invoice
- Coupa Supplier Management
Overall Satisfaction with Coupa
Coupa is used by Uber to onboard new suppliers, and connect them to our payment system to get paid out for the work we have hired the company to do. It addresses the ability of Uber to use one vendor across many business units to track who Uber teams use the suppliers and to pay them out in a uniform manner.
- A consistent format is helpful because if you learn the tool once, then you should be set for long term success.
- Straightforward with some of the fields (not all), but for some pieces of work. It is easy enough due to the direct nature of the tool.
- Many parts of Coupa are unclear, especially in the "how to create a PO," as the wording is confusing.
- Adding a vendor, sometimes the directions pop up immediately but not always creating a poor user experience.
- The easy internal process to find. Given this is the same for all teams, I'd guess there is a positive impact from our Finance Team as they only have one tool they have to manage, pull reporting from, etc.
- Frustrating process, as mentioned at times this can be a frustrating tool to use, which I think causes a lot of employees (who are not on the Finance Team) to direct undue frustration towards the Finance Team, creating avoidable tensions.
I have only ever worked with Coupa and am not aware of alternatives to this tool.
I do think Coupa is well suited for a company the size of Uber, but I wish it were easier to navigate all parts and pieces of the tool. I think it works for Uber again because it can be a uniform tool across many teams, but I am not sure this would be ideal for smaller companies as I think it creates a lot of churn with issues many employees have with the tool.