Overall Satisfaction with Datto Autotask PSA
We use Datto AutoTask as our main support ticketing system as well as our solution to track billable and non-billable time to jobs. We also use it to schedule recurring activities that need to take place daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually. The customizable dashboards allow me to keep a handle on workload.
- Automation possible based on different ticket types.
- Knowledge base.
- Integration with Datto RMM exists, but is poor.
- Knowledge base has limited formatting options and is hard to navigate.
- Knowledge base looks pretty ugly in my opinion.
- You need to manually check off an option whether or not you want to include the customer on a notification or communication. This information is NOT displayed after you do it so you have no way of knowing if a customer was notified.
- Automation is cumbersome and overly complicated.
- I think that the setup and configuration are cumbersome and overly complicated. There are far simpler products that can do 95% of what this can without the level of effort.
- It allows us to dump billable time to a spreadsheet so we can bill it.
- Shows in realtime where billable hours are for the day/month.
- It costs waaay more than products that can do the same thing or no-cost open-source products.
Do you think Datto Autotask PSA delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Datto Autotask PSA's feature set?
Did Datto Autotask PSA live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Datto Autotask PSA go as expected?
Would you buy Datto Autotask PSA again?
In my opinion, Datto Autotask is exceptionally complicated to set up, manage, and use on a daily basis. I would think the target market for this product would be someone managing a team of 20 - 50 people, possibly more. In my experience, for it to run properly you will need to dedicate at least half an FTE to running this product in an organization of that size per month. I would not recommend it for companies with less than 10 people or for companies that value quick communication with their clients. I would not recommend it for companies using Datto's RMM product. The integration exists, but it is clearly a bolt-on. They were not developed together and they are slow to talk to each other. Frequently you cannot add details from RMM sessions into the PSA without manually copying the ticket number, and if the ticket is more than a week old, then you can't even find it with the ticket number.