DemandTools - The quintessential utility for saleforce.comhttps://www.trustradius.com/data-cleansingDemandToolsUnspecified9381012015-12-15T15:31:13.859Z
December 15, 2015
DemandTools - The quintessential utility for saleforce.com
Score 10 out of 101
- Single Table Deduplicator
- Find / Report ID's
Overall Satisfaction with DemandTools
DemandTools is used by our business systems team to effectively and efficiently manage our Salesforce.com data. DemandTools is used to perform regular update tasks within our saleforce.com org, e.g., we use it to perform mass updates on our account data, we have custom fields that are updated from an external data source. One of the more common uses is the Owner Reassignment module.
- Ability to mass update data in any object using a custom set of filters. The MassEffect module is superb at doing this on a wide scale, the ability to update a particular field based on other data from the object or related objects through a formula is extremely powerful.
- Data de-duplication is a very powerful feature. The ability to create rules to determine which data becomes the master record is a very useful feature.
- The ability to take an Excel spreadsheet and update or insert data en mass is a very powerful feature. I like that DemandTools lets you do this efficiently by taking advantage of BULK processing in Salesforce.com.
- Data recovery/restore. One of the most understated features of DemandTools is that every-time you run an update job a system generated restore file is created. It's very easy to return the data to the state is was in prior to the update.
- The UI is looking a little dated and tired, I personally don't have any issue with it. Bottom line it is a utility and I'm glad they spend their development resources on creating a robust tool.
- Our company was involved in a few acquisitions over the years where we acquired other companies. We were able to take their CRM Database (Saleslogix, Dynamics CRM and Salesforce.com) and blend it into our Salesforce.com system in record time. We took advantage of MassEffect, Find, MassImpact, Dedupe and Ownership Reassign. What we did in days would have taken weeks.
- On a regular basis we load data C-Sat data from a vendor. Other than email there is not much information that links this to our Salesforce.com Contact data. DemandTools does an amazing job of finding the related records and then allows us to update it.