Clicktools is a cloud-based survey software. It enables business users to collect information through surveys, call scripts, and web forms; automatically centralize the data in CRM; and act on those insights to increase loyalty. The program is offered by Callidus Cloud, which in turn was acquired by SAP in 2017 when the companies formed a strategic partnership.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/8m/9I/VIJIJRR3UAX1.JPEGGets the job done, but the interface needs helpWe primarily use it for internal surveys, specifically from within Salesforce, getting feedback on the quality of our departments' work and to rank the projects other teams would like to see done. However, as a company, we also use it to survey our customers, specifically for support case surveys, defect resolution, and the like.,Integrates well with Salesforce End-users (survey recipients) have a good experience,Changes don't "queue up," but instead are saved as soon as you click on a given option. This is inconsistent with just about every tool in a similar space (online tools). It's been a few months since I spent any time building or administrating a survey, so they may have made improvements. As an administrator, the interface is generally unintuitive. Organization is bizarre and naming conventions are not helpful. Perhaps this is a cultural challenge (ie perhaps folks in the United Kingdom, where I understand this product originates, totally get the tool),6,I cannot speak specifically to ROI. The tool technically works, but it takes awhile to understand how to build a survey and process responses, simply due to the design.,SurveyMonkey, Pulse Insights and Google Forms,NetSuite, Zuora, Concur Travel and Expense,Employee Surveys Customer SurveysOur go-to toolIt is being used by one lead in each region. It allows us to collect comprehensive data from our customers and use it as a tool to demonstrate the effectiveness of our training that we have our customers review. I love that the answers are integrated in Salesforce so I can check out data within a campaign before pulling the results in Clicktools.,Beautiful presentation. Integrates with Salesforce. Stores a data. Reactive to my usage.,Speed - the quality of graphics is high and a lot of info is being pulled, it can take quite a bit of time to produce results. I am unable to open multiple tabs to run several functions within Clicktools simultaneously. Easier/more intuitive graphics uploading. Run reports based on a certain factor (i.e. if there is a particular product we continuously run reports on, I would like to see a chart comparison of how that products scores have varied over time).,8,Improved customer service as a result of polling what our customers truly value. Improved employee morale - we took the results and rewarded employees based on their reviewed performance. Gathered data on new products so we could gauge effectiveness and areas for improvement.,SurveyMonkey,Salesforce.com, Salesforce App Cloud,Employee Surveys Customer Surveys,Pulling real time data from our customers. Producing a beautiful pdf to present our data to customers and employee.,Running surveys with lots of in-depth questions can take extensive amounts of time to pull the pdf. Sometimes the number of results that should pull don't come through until running the survey additional times. Uploading graphics.,9Clicktools helps us deliver a Customer Experience second to noneiCIMS uses Clicktools across the entire organization to streamline the survey process. From a bi-annual Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey, to event triggered customer satisfaction surveys, Clicktools helps iCIMS in its commitment to deliver a customer experience second to none. Where Clicktools really excels is with its integration with Salesforce. We're able to send surveys based on triggers in SFDC - and then also store the results on different profile types. Finally, Clicktools has been a tremendous help in streamlining survey requests from departments across the organization. We've been able to standardize question types and build a dashboard within SFDC that allows stakeholders to see how iCIMS customers are feeling during different interactions with our business.,Integration with SFDC: Makes it easy to trigger survey sends - and store survey results within SFDC - so that multiple departments and stakeholders can view results. Hidden Questions - Since we are mostly surveying our customers, we use Clicktools Hidden question fields to improve the survey experience. This way we don't need to ask the person filling out the survey their name or company - but are still able to attach the survey to their profile within SFDC. Ease of Use - Clicktools is a robust, yet easy to use software. As someone who manages a team of people that deploy Clicktools, I don't use the product everyday, but I have a very small learning curve when I do need to jump in and create a survey.,Text Insight Charts - We recently started using the Text Insight Charts - the functionality seems cool, but I think some more development is needed here to truly add value. Customized Exit Pages - Clicktools offers this functionality, but is a paid feature. I believe this is something that should be included in the core functionality of the software vs. a paid add on.,10,Clicktools plays a crucial role in our Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey. Twice a year we deploy the survey, and because of the flexibility of ClickTools and its integration with SFDC, we've seen a 40% response rate in a survey that formally only received 6-7%.,SurveyMonkey,Salesforce.com, Pardot, Boulder Logic,Customer SurveysEngaging Surveys, and a Direct Salesforce Integration? Yes Please!MindTouch utilizes ClickTools to track extremely valuable survey data provided as a result of a successful Support case close. Once we have the survey data, we leverage ClickTools to push that data into a custom object in Salesforce. Once that data is in Salesforce, we leverage reporting and rollups to analyze our customer health, Net Promoter Score (NPS), and automate internal notifications around specific KPIs. Currently ClickTools is used by our Support team, though this will be extended to our Product and Marketing teams in 2016.,Clicktools provides a very simple interface for creating robust and engaging survey forms for our customers. A survey that doesn't require coding is key--this helps us anyone get set up in survey creation quickly. Integrating the data from Clicktools into Salesforce is really easy. Of course you will need to have an understanding of how to create a custom object to configure this integration correctly, but the actual wiring between each system uses a wizard to make things simple. On the topic of engaging surveys, Clicktools does this well. There are many branding options, and field-type options that really help ensure your customers will complete your surveys. If you spend time creating a survey for your customers, the last thing you want is for them to ignore the survey. Clicktools helps make sure your surveys are eye-catching.,Honestly, I love Clicktools. I have no current feedback on items to improve. I work in software as well, so I know that's really odd--but you guys have hit it on the mark.,9,Clicktools has had a positive impact on our NPS. Thanks to robust survey capabilities, we capture a lot of survey data from our customers so that we can truly understand their health. Clicktools also really helps our internal teams understand how MindTouch Support is making our customers delighted. Internal communication? Thanks Clicktools!,Wufoo and SurveyMonkey,Salesforce Community Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, CA Flowdock, OneLogin, Google Analytics, SnapEngage, MindTouch, Asana, Evernote, Wistia,Customer SurveysSalesforce Automation!I use Clicktools to run my business. I recruit participants for paid use research. I use surveys to help me screen and select candidates. I also have it tied to my Salesforce database to add records.,Phone and chat support is amazing! Easy to use. Links to Salesforce.,Adding email marketing features would be great. I use Vertical Response right now for this. Sometimes the phone line for support is down.....make sure it is up! Renewal specials.,10,All around helps my business due to the Salesforce automation!,SurveyMonkey,Salesforce.com, QuickBooks for Mac, OMS Office Master System,Customer Surveys Research Studies,Yes,Product Features,I wouldn't. I do this it is a bit pricey though.,No,10,Every time I create a survey, I usually call in for help before it goes live. They always give great pointers!
Clicktools

Clicktools Reviews

Clicktools
Filter 40 vetted Clicktools reviews and ratings
Joshua Henke profile photo
May 01, 2018

Clicktools Review: "Gets the job done, but the interface needs help"

• Integrates well with Salesforce
  • End-users (survey recipients) have a good experience
  • Changes don't "queue up," but instead are saved as soon as you click on a given option. This is inconsistent with just about every tool in a similar space (online tools). It's been a few months since I spent any time building or administrating a survey, so they may have made improvements.
  • As an administrator, the interface is generally unintuitive. Organization is bizarre and naming conventions are not helpful. Perhaps this is a cultural challenge (ie perhaps folks in the United Kingdom, where I understand this product originates, totally get the tool)
If you just need a quick, simple, mass survey, it's not for you. If you need integration with SFDC, formality, and good metrics, try it out.
Read Joshua Henke's full review
Lauren Maunder profile photo
December 15, 2015

Clicktools Review: "Our go-to tool"

• Beautiful presentation.
  • Integrates with Salesforce.
  • Stores a data.
  • Reactive to my usage.
  • Speed - the quality of graphics is high and a lot of info is being pulled, it can take quite a bit of time to produce results.
  • I am unable to open multiple tabs to run several functions within Clicktools simultaneously.
  • Easier/more intuitive graphics uploading.
  • Run reports based on a certain factor (i.e. if there is a particular product we continuously run reports on, I would like to see a chart comparison of how that products scores have varied over time).
Clicktools works great for gathering results from our customers attending product training. I can't think of a time I have wanted to take survey results and it has not been an appropriate tool.
Read Lauren Maunder's full review
Katie Meeker profile photo
December 04, 2015

Review: "Clicktools helps us deliver a Customer Experience second to none"

• Integration with SFDC: Makes it easy to trigger survey sends - and store survey results within SFDC - so that multiple departments and stakeholders can view results.
  • Hidden Questions - Since we are mostly surveying our customers, we use Clicktools Hidden question fields to improve the survey experience. This way we don't need to ask the person filling out the survey their name or company - but are still able to attach the survey to their profile within SFDC.
  • Ease of Use - Clicktools is a robust, yet easy to use software. As someone who manages a team of people that deploy Clicktools, I don't use the product everyday, but I have a very small learning curve when I do need to jump in and create a survey.
  • Text Insight Charts - We recently started using the Text Insight Charts - the functionality seems cool, but I think some more development is needed here to truly add value.
  • Customized Exit Pages - Clicktools offers this functionality, but is a paid feature. I believe this is something that should be included in the core functionality of the software vs. a paid add on.
Great for NPS and customer success surveys. I know other customers have also used Clicktools for forms or call scripts, but this isn't something we've started leveraging yet.
Read Katie Meeker's full review
James Valent profile photo
December 11, 2015

Clicktools Review: "Engaging Surveys, and a Direct Salesforce Integration? Yes Please!"

• Clicktools provides a very simple interface for creating robust and engaging survey forms for our customers. A survey that doesn't require coding is key--this helps us anyone get set up in survey creation quickly.
  • Integrating the data from Clicktools into Salesforce is really easy. Of course you will need to have an understanding of how to create a custom object to configure this integration correctly, but the actual wiring between each system uses a wizard to make things simple.
  • On the topic of engaging surveys, Clicktools does this well. There are many branding options, and field-type options that really help ensure your customers will complete your surveys. If you spend time creating a survey for your customers, the last thing you want is for them to ignore the survey. Clicktools helps make sure your surveys are eye-catching.
  • Honestly, I love Clicktools. I have no current feedback on items to improve. I work in software as well, so I know that's really odd--but you guys have hit it on the mark.
Clicktools is well suited because of its ease of use. Users can get a survey set up in minutes, and once you have a custom object in Salesforce to post the data to you're in business. I see Clicktools as key to measuring our customers' health and satisfaction with our product.
Read James Valent's full review
Kimberly Devane profile photo
December 07, 2015

Clicktools Review: "Salesforce Automation!"

• Phone and chat support is amazing!
  • Easy to use.
  • Links to Salesforce.
  • Adding email marketing features would be great. I use Vertical Response right now for this.
  • Sometimes the phone line for support is down.....make sure it is up!
  • Renewal specials.
For user research recruiting, it is great. I chose Clicktools because of the Salesforce automation primarily.
Read Kimberly Devane's full review
Gary Fusco profile photo
December 05, 2015

User Review: "ClickTools + Salesforce = :-)"

Clicktools is utilized as an app within our Salesforce.com org and is being used by marketing, customer satisfaction, sales, professional services and training.

We have used Clicktools for the past three years for our net promoter score (NPS) surveying of our two principle products. We used the custom Report Card object to push survey results from Clicktools to SFDC contacts and accounts. To increase survey response, we also use telemarketing agents who use our SFDC platform and have custom links that launch personalized survey pages, which agents complete on the calls in real-time.

We also have SFDC workflows for automated, personalized 30-day checkpoint surveys for product users that are flagged by our professional services staff.

• Powerful features for most every survey project. Question types, styles, formats, branching can do everything that has been asked by survey designers.
  • SFDC integration is very deep. Complex, but once created works reliably.
  • #1 is the ease of use, which has improved in the past year.
  • Better reporting and analytics. We rely on SFDC reports and dashboards to present our data to customers.
My primary question is what the colleague's company needs are. For simple applications that don't require integrations with CRM or other apps, there are probably less expensive options.
Read Gary Fusco's full review
Michael Sola profile photo
December 02, 2015

Review: "Using ClickTools with Salesforce at Fight CRC"

We are using Clicktools for surveys that are triggered when certain events or services are selected. We also use Clicktools as a primary contact intake form that integrates with Salesforce and eliminated the web to lead process.
  • Integration with Salesforce is core for our org.
  • Options for survey questions, I like being able to use different formats and having dependent type questions.
  • User management accounts - it would be helpful to have alternate user types so adding a user doesn't give them "god like" powers.
  • Reports of surveys is also an area that needs some work. For instance: when we ask a question with 4 choices we get back responses in the spreadsheet with just numbers; it's hard to recall and match up what the answer choices were to the number.
Being able to deploy the surveys in so many different options is a key to flexibility.
Read Michael Sola's full review
Michelle Pritchett, MBA profile photo
December 01, 2015

Review: "Clicktools integration with Salesforce is a PLUS"

Clicktools is used to integrate into Salesforce to send surveys for cases. One day after a case is closed, a survey is automatically sent out, and when completed, the information provided on the survey auto updates the case record. We also use functionalities of Clicktools to complete special processes set up in Salesforce by using custom Salesforce buttons to launch Clicktools.
  • The integration with Salesforce is the only reason I use Clicktools.
  • I tried using Clicktools for a stand alone (not Salesforce integrated) survey and found it very difficult to pull and display the results in a manner I needed. Possibly it was a user issue (me not knowing what I am doing), but seems the end user interface could have been better.
Clicktools is most suited for Salesforce customers who want automatic integration with the software. I have offered our marketing company to utilize Clicktools and after they have reviewed it, they opted to use SurveyMonkey instead. I do not know the reason why they chose this route, but perhaps it was my history of attempting to launch and review data received on an independent survey (not integrated with Salesforce) and had struggled.
Read Michelle Pritchett, MBA's full review
Jennifer Robertson profile photo
June 29, 2015

Clicktools Review: "Gets the job done"

• Support is quick to get back to you.
  • Export functionality is great.
  • Easy to learn.
  • Skip logic functionality could be better and more user friendly.
  • Allow you to either delete test records, or test without having to submit the survey.
  • Should be base level functionality to be able to export the results charts for the entire survey.
  • Integration with SFDC could be more user friendly as well. It takes extra time to set up and test a survey to be synced with Salesforce.com and its campaigns. It takes enough extra time and testing that we skip this step a lot of times so that we can get the survey out the door quickly.
Ask about the features that come standard vs the features that are added at higher price points. There are some features that are not standard that should be.
Read Jennifer Robertson's full review
Sofia Angelo profile photo
December 23, 2015

User Review: "I heart Clicktools"

We use it to deploy performance reviews and assessment to external partners and members. It is primarily managed and used by our evaluations department and allows us to store information we receive in Salesforce which increases our reporting capabilities.
  • Syncing with Salesforce
  • Automatic deployments
  • Ease of building
  • One time deployments are clunky
  • Reminders to complete surveys
It is not well suited for one time deployments where there is no need to store the answers in Salesforce.
Read Sofia Angelo's full review
Richard Reiter profile photo
December 11, 2015

User Review: "Well worth using Clicktools!"

Clicktools is being used for:

• Post support issue (closed-case) follow-up.
  • Tracking C-Sat and ways to improve our service.
  • Initial kickoff
  • integration with Salesforce
  • Customer Support
  • Interface for building the survey and going back to modify it was a bit daunting for a very inexperienced user; I thought it could be made less complex (note, I did not do all of the training, so perhaps that is the problem).
Clicktools runs really well once set up - reliable, no issues, and we have it sending data back to Salesforce so the survey responses get linked back to the case (and therefore the rep) which initiated the survey.
Read Richard Reiter's full review
Stan W Jernberg profile photo
March 18, 2015

Review: "Clicktools offers seamless integration to your CRM system for capturing customer satisfaction"

Grass Valley produces products for the broadcast industry. Salesforce is our CRM system for the Service organization globally. Prior to Clicktools, we were conducting random Customer Satisfaction surveys on closed Service engagements for North America and occasionally from our European region. The process was labor intensive and only reaching a small percentage of our customer base. With the integration of Clicktools and Salesforce, we have now fully automated the process, reaching 100% of the customer base and supporting 8 different languages. We are receiving timely feedback from all geographies allowing for us to respond more quickly to feedback from our customers.
  • Automation! - Clicktools makes it easy with their integration to Salesforce. We can utilize different surveys that target the specific type of service engagement (Telephone Support, Field Service/On-site call, Customer Training). During the time we've been using Clicktools, we've made modifications to the surveys to improve readability or gain different perspective. Their user interface is intuitive, allowing changes to the surveys to be quick and easy.
  • Multilingual Support - When we close a Service engagement, We are sending specific (regional) information from Salesforce to Clicktools which determines the most probably local language of the customer. By sending the customer a survey in their language, our response rate is better. Customer comments on each survey are also captured in their native language making it easier for them to provide feedback.
  • Reporting - While Clicktools does have their own reporting capabilities within their interface, since they "sync" real time with Salesforce on each returned survey, this allows us to utilize the reporting capabilities within our CRM system to gather a complete set of metrics on Customer Satisfaction. This also allows a Grass Valley Service Manager to see the results and comments from the survey that was received on any service engagement.
  • Clicktools Support - From the very beginning of our relationship with Clicktools, they have supported our needs as we moved from our manual process to a fully integrated and automated Customer Satisfaction measurement system. Our Clicktools Account manager has been there from the beginning of the relationship and understands our business. We've looked to them for recommendations as we've evolved our process. They draw on their experiences from other customers to provide support as well as provide a wealth of materials on their website.
  • This is difficult as we've not really had any bad experiences. Early in the process, their User Interface was not the most intuitive but as with most web-based tools, they evolve and get better through time. That is the case with theirs. I suppose our implementation is pretty basic so we really are not utilizing all the capabilities that Clicktools has to offer.
We chose Clicktools because of their easy of integration with the Salesforce CRM system. Having prior experience with gathering customer satisfaction surveys helped us in defining what we wanted from Clicktools.
Read Stan W Jernberg's full review
Sherrie M. Carter profile photo
February 25, 2015

User Review: "Clicked "Yes" on Clicktools"

Our Luminate Customer Support group sends a CSAT survey to all closed cases. The Marketing Dept. sent buyer intention and conference follow-up surveys. Professional Services and Partners send CSAT suveys upon completion of projects and implementaitons. We are scoring customer satisfaction.
  • Salesforce.com integration is superior. It provides SSO, CRM integration in terms of populating data in various objects, incl custom ones.
  • The integration with SFDC is very tight - SSO, automatic survey sends based on triggers, integrated reporting, survey links embedded in contact's email, and easy updates to various objects like contacts, cases and accounts.
  • Building a survey is easier with each release. The variety of question types and layouts has been broad enough to support multiple requirements.
  • It delivers data both to Salesforce reports and Ct Analytics. Salesforce or Clicktools roles can control visibility and administration.
  • Surveys are embedded in contact's email and responses can automatically populate designated fields in SFDC.
  • Salesforce or Clicktools roles can control visibility and administration.
  • Traditionally, the criticisms have been around creating surveys. That is much easier now.
  • Rather than making substantial changes to an existing survey, just create a new one.
  • When Clicktools generates a link for your survey and you want to embed it into another document, do not use Word to copy it. Use Notepad. Word alters the link in some mysterious way and it never works. This is not a Clicktools failure, but they do often get the rap.
Understand your users. How will particular people use it? There are only a few standard Ct profiles and they need to match user activity. If you are using more than one sandbox, have a discussion about how to point to them.
Read Sherrie M. Carter's full review
Joy Wallis profile photo
April 11, 2014

Clicktools Review: "Would highly recommend"

The survey module is all I have used. Professional Services and Support are the main two departments using surveys, but we have sent one survey to our full database for corporate feedback. It helps us know CSAT on support and service tickets. We are also planning to use it for online chat and internal surveys
  • Flexibility of integration with Salesforce.com - there is no package to install that creates custom objects; you decide which objects to link to and can create your own custom one if you want. We linked support CSAT to cases, service CSAT to a custom service object and internal marketing feedback to a custom survey object. Each survey can point wherever you want, and you can have multiple surveys per parent object if wanted
  • Support is great. Very fast to respond and doesn't mind helping with simple questions.
  • Nice UI and good online training
  • Analytics navigation was a challenge for me, but admittedly I did not seek help for it. I prefer to use the data in Salesforce reporting
This is not an inexpensive solution in comparison to the free and lower priced options, but for an enterprise company it is well worth the investment. The ease of use and simplicity of launch keeps it on the top of my list for those that have budget.
Read Joy Wallis's full review
Keri McKiernan, CSM profile photo
March 07, 2014

Review: "Clicktools recommended as a solid Salesforce solution"

Clicktools is being used by my organization to send survey emails to external and internal clients. It is being used by multiple departments. The majority of the use is to send survey to clients after they utilize our support team for our product.

The business problem that is addresses is flexible creation of surveys that look professional to send to clients. It also needed to sync with Salesforce.com
  • Easy survey customization using "what you see if what you get" editors allow non-technical resources to configure surveys
  • Quick configuration and easy synchronization with Salesforce
  • Ability to create new surveys quickly to address business needs and deploy in minutes
  • The standard functionality is very good. However, when you want to use more advanced, API features I feel it lacks
  • For example, if you want to only allow a user to submit a survey 1 time and be 100% sure, without cookies it requires custom code and integration (trigger) for salesforce
  • When using their custom API, it often times out or does not create the link 100% due to their heavy load on their servers
  • Clicktools support has grown over the years, however their support group is typically quite small and located in London so there is a time-zone consideration if they receive a lot of tickets with the time zone lag it can take awhile to get a response. However, the quality if their support is quite good.
Clicktools works very well in a quick to market survey solution. If you are looking for a survey solution that integrates seamlessly with Salesforce, this is your best option. The point and click field mapping allows a Salesforce administrator to build and link surveys to Salesforce quickly. The interface allows you to be flexible and change look and feel on the fly.

Careful consideration needs to be made if you have a lot of surveys you need to manage, the interface gets cluttered quickly. Also, if you are a more advanced business user you need to consider setting up the Sandbox option which shows up with regular survey groups. Therefore, it can be easy to get confused if you are working on a production or sandbox instance.
Read Keri McKiernan, CSM's full review
Margaret Brown profile photo
March 08, 2014

Clicktools Review: "Been a while - but I remember good things!"

As a Marketing Business Analyst for Beazer Homes, I configured customer surveys using ClickTools. The purpose of the survey was to gain feedback from model home visits. I was able to easily add, modify and delete questions during the survey project. In addition, the support I received from ClickTools staff was very timely and helpful.
  • Customer Support was very timely.
  • User interface was very intuitive.
  • As a non techie, I was able to edit.
  • The screen design was a bit crowded.
  • Making changes required many steps.
  • I wasn't familiar with the Clicktools brand.
It is important to note that the survey administrator may not be a technical person. Having a tool that is still easy to manage is very important. Users don't want to have to spend time training on a new application in addition to the job they already perform. Being able to open the application and get right to work is important.
Read Margaret Brown's full review
December 11, 2015

User Review: "Clicktools - Clicks not Code"

Clicktools is used by our customer support department to send satisfaction surveys to our customers at the close of a support ticket. It is used by our professional services department to gauge customer satisfaction upon project completion/end of service engagement. Our training and education group sends feedback surveys to students at the end of all training classes. Our internal IT department uses it to gauge user satisfaction when a technical support ticket is closed.
  • Integration with salesforce.com.
  • Ability to build and link/map surveys quickly.
  • Templating. Branding our surveys is important.
  • The ability to review and analyze survey data within the console.
  • Menu navigation can be confusing at times. e.g., when you select a survey, to get back to survey list I usually reload the console.
  • Initially had some issues with mapping of numeric results e.g., 1 - 5. Had to create formula to map back, seemed cumbersome.
  • Limits on surveys is based on questions on survey not on survey. We do not save any of the results in Clicktools. After integration we delete them to stay under limit.
For any organization that is using salesforce.com and needs to implement a survey system that directly ties back to their salesforce.com system I would highly recommend Clicktools. We tried building our own customer satisfaction survey and it was not worth the effort, especially as our questions are ever changing. The integration with the case module was easy to configure.
December 10, 2015

Clicktools: "Best survey app integrated with Salesforce"

Clicktools is used across the whole organization to collect our clients and other stakeholders' feedback on our services, conduct internal staff surveys, and gather benchmarking data in the sector that we operate in.
  • Integration with Salesforce: it is critical to us as we use Salesforce, and a lot of record management is automated thanks to great Clicktools integration with Salesforce.
  • Responsiveness of technical support: a lot of program staff across our organization use Clicktools every day, so having a quick response time to troubleshoot arising issues is important.
  • User-friendly interface: Clicktools improved their interface to make it more user-friendly which improves efficiency.
  • Better integration with Salesforce: Having the software open the last point where a user left off can further improve time efficiency. We land on Clicktools' page from our Salesforce accounts, so Clicktools has a shorter memory span than Salesforce. It frequently requires users to log in if they stepped away for a few minutes. So to get where one left off, he/she needs to log into Salesforce, select the Clicktools app in the drop-down in the upper right corner, click on Clicktools tab in the top navigation bar, click on CallidusCloud logo and only from there find the most recent survey. It would be nice if the path was shorter.
  • Th data import feature stopped working after the most recent round of upgrades. We often do benchmarking and need to merge surveys done by partners using other applications. We used to be able to upload our own historic or third party data for a quick merge of survey results into Clicktools to run an automatic report. Now we cannot do it even with the survey results downloaded for archival purposes from Clicktools itself in the import format. It has been months since I have raised this case and still no resolution.
  • It would be nice to have some basic qualitative data visualization in the automatic report, even things like word maps will be helpful or color coding for positive/negative sentiments.
  • Sharing a link to live survey results with third parties will also be a very helpful feature. We work with multiple stakeholders and having them able to view the automatic visualization of the survey responses that they themselves or their staff have just completed without one of my staff having to download a report (which requires multiple steps and is a snapshot of results at that time only) [would be nice].
  • It would also help to be able to download all response sets as they are without aggregation and without opening/downloading each survey response separately.
  • It would be nice to be able to protect an individual survey. Currently all user permissions are set at the license level and they can have different visibility of folders, but there is no way to limit rights to particular surveys.
Integration with Salesforce, cost, ability to accept historic data, user-friendliness, report automation and technical support have been decision factors for us. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives. However, they do not have a comparable Salesforce integration, which was key.
October 02, 2015

User Review: "Clicktools is Fantastic!"

I have used Clicktools for surveys and reporting. It is mainly utilized once someone has called customer service. We can quickly measure their level of satisfaction.
  • Integrates with Salesforce.com
  • Easy to Use
  • Quick setup
  • Needs more flexibility related to survey design
It is well suited for companies who want to measure customer satisfaction. It provides fantastic reporting where you can target weak areas in your support processes. It is a very valuable tool and I have been extremely impressed.
December 07, 2015

Review: "If you use Salesforce, you must consider Clicktools for all types of surveys"

Clicktools is being used by marketing on behalf of the organization. We use Clicktools for gathering customer satisfaction.
  • Easy set up of surveys.
  • Using lists as an answer choice.
  • Question conditions are easy to use.
  • I once tried to include a question for the customer to choose their state and there is a limit for number of answers provided (it's 50) I wanted to add Hawaii and PR but couldn't.
  • If an answer has more that 20 or so lines, the pdf report doesn't load correctly.
We use Salesforce and Clicktools is the best survey tool out there that works well with it.
December 04, 2015

User Review: "Clicktools OnBoarding Process Great"

Clicktools was bought by our technical support team in North America but it is also used in our European tech support team. We are using this to determine if we are hitting our goals and our customer's needs within our repair service functionality. Clicktools is sending surveys out based on specific statuses found in SFDC case functionality based on the contact's language requirement.
  • Our business purchased support from Clicktools for the set up and installation. Clicktools installation was very easy but it was great to have a "short cut" of time with their team to help us quickly learn how to create multiple language and settings in the tool. They allowed us to learn the way the team (myself and a BA) learns best (hands on) but had the safety net of asking questions when needed. We really didn't use much of the document that Clicktools provides because it wasn't needed. It is great for refreshers, but the few hours we got with their team was plenty for us to set up in North America and then set up multiple languages for our European co-workers.
  • Clicktools is on the AppExchange with SFDC which allows for easy install and set up into multiple SFDC sandboxes. We were able to test this in our regional sandbox, recreate it in the full test sandbox and then transport to our production sandbox without a large effort.
  • The only thing that is not my favorite is the matching of the fields in Clicktools vs the fields in the custom object in SFDC. I can see this becoming more complex with the additional surveys with similar questions. You need to match the survey question from Clicktools to fields in SFDC. If the business asks similar questions, you need to know which question is used in which business on which survey. This is more planning and in house work than necessarily something ClickTools can solve unfortunately. My only thought is to include in ClickTools a "last used on survey x" that might help with identifying which business or survey used that field compared to another field.
December 03, 2015

Review: "Clicktools helps us support a global complex business and understand our customers"

Clicktools is currently being used across three of our main corporate brands, one globally and the other two across multiple countries. Over time we will continue to introduce Clicktools across more brands/countries. We were looking for a one best way approach using a tool that would sync with Salesforce.
  • Mapping Clicktools to Salesforce is really easy, you can easily map to multiple objects or custom objects and you don't need to be a developer to do this, the average person can set this up quite easily.
  • Survey design is easy, you can use the one survey to cover a wider audience and make content relevant using question logic.
  • Clicktools supports a huge number of languages.
  • On surveys in multiple languages I would like the ability to choose how translations are synced on essay questions. You can map across the translation which is great for Chinese and English translation, but if answered in English it syncs English + English.
  • Would like to be able to sync additional information to Salesforce that will better assist us understanding where we need to focus our design of content, things like what language was chosen to respond in and what device type. We may be offering a survey in 10 languages but only 3 of them are being frequently used.
  • On multi checkbox question type if there are multiple lines to answer, the respondent only has to give an answer to one line in order to proceed even when the question is marked as required.
Clicktools will work well for companies that want to integrate and have a limited number of users governing the system. It will also work well for global companies requiring multi-language set up. I don't think it would work very well if if you wanted larger groups of people logging in, building surveys and deploying because you can't lock down who sees what contacts.
June 03, 2015

Clicktools Review: "Great for admins, not so much for cosmetics"

We are using Clicktools to distribute and receive data for customer satisfaction surveys and customer service transactional surveys, and sync that data into Salesforce.com. We are also using Clicktools as a mechanism to update Salesforce.com Contact data from customer communications out of another tool.
  • Limitless integration with Salesforce.com
  • Great dynamic integration with other tools that allow mail merge capabilities
  • The survey page layout cosmetics are lacking! We would honestly switch survey providers for cosmetics, but ClickTools has the most robust Salesforce.com integration, which is more valuable to us at this time
Well suited for complex Salesforce.com integrations. Less appropriate for simpler use cases where cosmetics are of a higher priority.
December 04, 2014

Clicktools Review: "Mapping survey answers into SFDC is big time saver."

• Once you get over the learning curve of how to build a survey and map the answers back into Salesforce, the automation of capturing client information on the account record in real time is a tremendous time saver.
  • Their client resources could use a little help. I often found out of date training videos and there is no way to look up your previous support tickets.
February 28, 2014

Clicktools: "Great survey tool that integrates well with Salesforce.com"

We're using Clicktools to conduct our quarterly client satisfaction surveys and various ad hoc surveys. It's being used by Client Services and Marketing. The integration allows us to pull contact data from our CRM (Salesforce) and created unique survey URLs that autopopulate demographic data elements for our survey takers. They click the link and they don't have to fill out their name and such, just confirm it. Once they have completed the survey, the results can be pumped back into Salesforce anywhere you want. We have a custom object called "Surveys" that houses all the data. The survey builder is very intuitive and works on the fly. If a small tweak is needed on the survey, the changes occur in realtime. The analytics are very useful and provide an overview of survey results, even while customers are still taking it. I would recommend Clicktools to anyone. It has made survey administration a breeze.
  • CRM integration is very specific. You can map survey results to just about any Salesforce object.
  • Survey builder is intuitive and makes changes on the fly.
  • Survey and email templates provide another layer of customization. Those proficient in HTML can really customize the look and feel of the survey.
  • Bounced email reports are not exportable and don't easily provide bounced reasons. You have to click into each one to see the reason it was bounced, rather than seeing in directly on the report.
  • Allow for more customization (without using code or HTML) on the survey template. Specifically where the "Submit" button resides. I would prefer to have this button on the last page with a question, then have the last page say your survey has been submitted. Some survey takers go all the way through the questions and never submit them.
Pricing was a major component; however it came down to functionality. We got exactly what we wanted from Clicktools and we're happy with it.

Survey templates (10)
6.0
Themes (11)
5.0
Custom logo/branding (13)
5.1
Changes to live survey (15)
6.1
Question design help (13)
6.1
Multiple question types (15)
6.1
Survey logic flexibility (12)
Response tracking (13)