Deputy - an awesome and convenient rostering system!
October 07, 2021

Deputy - an awesome and convenient rostering system!

Overall Satisfaction with Deputy

I use it for one arm of the organisation (our café), which has 5 employees. It helps with making sure employees are being paid the correct award rate, write comments for particular shifts and also convenience that each employee has the app on their phone so can clock on and off when they are on shift.

Pros

• Timesheets.
  • Awards rates.
  • Scheduling.

Cons

• Journaling - can't add journals to that particular timesheet once approved (though can add it to the employee's profile).
  • Reports - would be good to see who worked when hovering on the graph.
  • Time saved - ability to sync well with other systems e.g. Xero.
  • Cost effective - affordable, especially for small businesses (from memory, we receive a discount too as a NFP).
  • Payroll accuracy - ability to sync with Xero and being able to talk to one another with hours, pay rates, etc.
I haven't really explored other products. I read reviews on a chat forum who are in the same industry and there were many recommendations for Deputy so after doing some research and trialing Deputy I decided to go ahead with it and have been happy with it since!

Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?

Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?

Would you buy Deputy again?

I think there is always room for improvement with everything.
I only know its functionality for hospitality which I think works great for this industry; I can't speak for other scenarios where its less appropriate as I don't know how other industries might track hours (e.g. lawyers).

Comments