Overall Satisfaction with DocuSign
DocuSign is used in the organization for all signature requirements; we do not do any paper signatures anymore unless the external party requires wet ink signatures (e.g. lending institutions). DocuSign helped solve the speed of document signatures, approvals processes, and tracking of contracts. As example, DocuSign is used for all of the following use cases within our organization: onboarding communication and progress documentation, new hire paperwork, payment requests, payment authorizations, client contracts, vendor contracts, client billing submissions, and more.
- Easy to use user interface (both sending and receiving)
- Integrations with other platforms (e.g. Box, Google Drive, etc.)
- Enterprise admin control is robust
- Robust functionality
- Can get expensive
- Decreased cost required to send, track, and return documents for signature
- Increased transaction speed allowing for more robust financial controls
- Improved onboarding process for HR
Do you think DocuSign delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with DocuSign's feature set?
Did DocuSign live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of DocuSign go as expected?
Would you buy DocuSign again?
If you are a medium to large business that is seeking a digital signature platform, and want process efficiency through the use of templates and integrations, DocuSign will knock it out of the park. However, if you are only sending a couple of documents for signature each month, DocuSign likely has too much functionality and will be too high priced.