Better lead gen with Drift
January 08, 2019

Better lead gen with Drift

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Drift

Our marketing and sales department use Drift to track and engage with our website visitors. We have personalized playbooks so that when a prospect or client from "x" company visits our site, we not only know that they've visited, but we also have targeting messaging towards that account. We are currently trialing the upgraded version where we can watch the live view and see what organization the person is from (based off of their IP address)
Drift also keeps a log of emails opened/read. This is not one of the selling features, as there are other companies that do that much better.
  • Customer service: When I first started with Drift, our account rep trained me personally. We've also had several calls with our account rep now that we are going through a trial of the upgraded version, and the Drift team is super helpful.
  • Ease of website navigation: UX/UI is pretty user-friendly and easy on the eyes.
  • Drift makes it easy to track and engage with your key accounts.
  • If a person is looking at your site via mobile phone, their company name will not appear.
  • When you click on a link via Drift, it takes you to that link in the same tab, which can kick you out of a chat. (Ex: When you want to look at the same page the website visitor is looking at.)
  • We have booked a few key sales meetings via Drift.
  • It has given us insight into who is visiting our website regularly so that we can follow up with those companies and turn them into leads.
  • It has taught us which of our website pages are viewed the most and which pages are the most engaging.
We get a report once a week with top visitors from our site. Only our CMO gets this and shares with the sales team, but it is super helpful insight. Top visitors are defined by Drift, not by our company, and that is something I would change.
Drift works well for lead generation and being able to actively engage with prospects. They say only 20% of people engage via chat bots, but I suppose you make it more memorable for the website visitor. It saves sales reps time by automatically getting meetings scheduled.
I do not think this should be used as a chat support system/Help Desk.