January 29, 2019
Lead IT Solutions Developer (aka technical lead)
Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue ShieldInsurance, 1001-5000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Dynatrace
Currently, we are using Dynatrace to monitor some of our critical applications. As a lead developer, I greatly appreciate the way Dynatrace captures and aggregates the health and usage metrics for the apps. In just the past five months, Dynatrace has helped us identify several application bottlenecks and components that required refactoring.
- Robust dashboard capabilities
- Providing insight into user experiences
- Analyzing performance between various time periods to help find releases related to performance degradation.
- Support of all SaaS functionality in Dynatrace Managed, where there are currently gaps
- Reporting seems very limited at this time
- Support for additional granularity when sharing dashboards
- The ability to export and import dashboards (or other equivalent backup/restore options)
- We are still learning how best to use Dynatrace in our environment, but some immediate wins for us was in identifying components that were not resourced properly and therefore becoming system bottlenecks.
- I believe, once all functionality for synthetic monitors is available for Dynatrace Managed, we will be able to greatly reduce the time and effort for quality assurance testing.
For the non-Amazon products, Dynatrace blows them away. I personally find Dynatrace easier to use than the Amazon products, but do still use those services as they capture additional details that we currently don't have Dynatrace setup to handle.