Overall Satisfaction with Gist
I picked Gist because it was a match between a need and an opportunity. As a software company, there is always the temptation to fix everything ourselves. I bought Gist (I guess I was among the very first adopters) to have an all-in-one solution to most problems faced by a company with an online presence. Chat, FAQ, forms, Llst of contacts, mailings, etc. So far, I'm very happy with it. It exceeds my expectations.
- The chatbot widget has been active for over a year now. Visitors use it routinely to leave a message, ask a question. It's great to be ahead of trends for so little work on our side.
- We use the forms from Gist to collect emails and get feedback.
- Live views, seeing who is visiting your site right now is very promising. My first usage would be to see how people navigate around after a contact.
- I wish the chatbot widget could be more customizable. On the flip side, it's easy to setup.
- The needs are fixed and we are able to stay focused on other aspects of our startup. It's very important at this stage.
- New features contribute to our education on what is possible.
I did recommend it several times. I think it's a no-brainer for startups or small businesses with an online presence. This is especially true for WordPress-based sites. They have integration with apps like Zoom which could be interesting for Sales or Consulting. For my case, what interests me is that they have an API. We can have scripts to get the data or add details. Everything else is way more expensive and more complex to setup.