Great Feature-Rich Software

There are a ton of great features. I really like how I'm able to integrate directly into my website.

[Gist] takes some getting used to …

Gist Review

We are using Gist as a livechat feature on our website. It helps us help our customers on the go as soon as they have any sort of questions.

So glad I've found Gist!

A fine contender

Professional

per month

Premium

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://getgist.com/pricing

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform that helps organizations engage and lead their audience through the entire journey from website visitor to happy customer.

The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is an affordable product on the market that ties live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more into one easy-to-use tool.

Gist Features

• Supported: Event Tracking

Gist Screenshots

Live ChatEmail MarketingMarketing Automation WorkflowsKnowledge BaseMeetings

Gist Video

Engage and Lead your Audience through the Entire Customer Lifecycle with a Single Source of Truth.

Gist Integrations

Gist Competitors

Gist Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Alternatives

What is Gist?

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform. It includes live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more.

What is Gist's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.

Who uses Gist?

The most common users of Gist are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Matthew Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Gist on a WordPress site that runs on BuddyBoss, LearnDash and WP Fusion.
It is dual purpose in that we use it for customer support, but we also use it as a CRM to use with WP Fusion so that we can tag users when they purchase products and gate content based on those tags with WP Fusion.
  • UI/UX
  • Customer Support
  • Features
  • Lack of Webhooks depending on plans
  • Knowledgebase could be a bit more refined and polished
  • Reduce the amount of Gist branding on everything
I think that if you are looking for a live chat solution, Gist is one of the best on the market. It doesn't necessarily provide the best solution for email support if someone is looking for a Shared Inbox, though it does provide that.

What it also provides is Marketing Automation and Emails, so it is able to handle customer support requests, as well as launch marketing campaigns based on the user data in its CRM.
I have been using Gist's set of tools for two years now on a few different business websites and have really been loving all the different functions. I especially liked how easy it was to install and set up the Gist chatbox on my sites. The chatbox is far better for communicating with potential clients than over email.
  • You can have a knowledge base on your chat box so that if your not online. Your auto chat bot can still get information for your potential customers from there.
  • You can segment your email campaigns with gist for different types of clients.
  • Lots of Gist's different products can be connected to 3rd party software for further automation.
  • They keep on updating their product so nothing to add here as I am currently happy with all their features.
Gist could help most service/sales businesses where near instant communication with your leads could increase sales.
Of course Gist wouldn't work for all industries, mainly just the ones above.
I'm just getting started with Gist, but I'm really impressed. Having access to not only live chat but marketing automation features on the same platform is a huge win. This really helps streamline the communication process and cut costs. I'm also really looking forward to the CRM. It has been released but is still in its early stages. This will be huge for tracking customer journeys.
  • Marketing automation
  • Lead generation
  • Love to see them expand their CRM
  • Would love to see the ability to embed video chat tools like Video Ask into their chat widget
  • Would love to see more interactive forms that allow for deeper segmentation
Gist is a full-featured email marketing/live chat platform at a fraction of the cost of their competitors. If you run a small business or are looking to consolidate your tool set into a single dashboard, then it's worth looking at.

If you need a feature-rich CRM, its not quite there yet.
Laszlo Csukas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using it as an all in one marketing communication package. The advanced email automation (that just got a new function of graphical campaign builder) is very handy. Also, my subscription includes a live chat and a chatbot and both works well with my sites. Also, we are using the knowledge base as an internal knowledge sharing tool. It's a good alternative for other Saas solutions.
  • The email marketing is for our email communication.
  • The marketing automation tool is very useful for campaigns.
  • The live chat is for lead generation.
  • It's very complex so it's takes a little time until we can use it in full glory.
  • We experienced a few mail delivery issues but it's already fixed.
  • However, the interface is looks good but sometimes it's hard to find a particular feature.
  • I'd like to see it have multiple knowledge bases.
It definitely works great for email marketing campaigns with automation and emails. These are the basic features and if you are looking for excellent service, then it's a great tool. If you're only looking for knowledge base software, then this service is a bit overkill.

I like I got almost all the must have tools in one pack for communication. Advanced email automation that is just got a new function of graphical campaign builder. Also, my subscription is include a live chat and a chat bot and both works well with my sites. No slowing down or other script issues that are not common in this kind of services.
If I had an issue the team was super responsive and helpful, that is essential for every business. The email delivery is great, so virtually no email has landed into spam folder.
Finally, the knowledge base is an excellent alternative for other Saas solutions. We just started to use this feature and our team is very satisfied with the results.
Interface: I like the UI that is modern, simple but highly usable. The developer is keeping taking care of it and the user experience is constantly evolving.
Jonathan Teixeira | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gist to chat with customers in real-time on our website and manage customer service. Our whole organization uses it and it helps streamline our communication. Our customers really appreciate that they're able to reach us easily and get a response quickly. It's easy to use and we're very happy with it.
  • User interaction tracking/history
  • Knowledge base
  • I'd like to see it have multiple knowledge bases.
  • I'd like to see it have password-protected or private knowledge bases.
Gist is very well suited if you want to add chat functionality to your website. I know it can do emails, tracking, and combine all that into some really powerful automation, but I can't speak into that since I haven't used those features yet. The chat is rock-solid, however. We're very happy with it.
Michael Storzieri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist helps keep the bulk of our marketing in one location and easy to work with WordPress to set up the system.
The WordPress Gist plugin supports the popular form plugins like Gravity Forms, MailChimp Forms, Ninja Forms, WPForms, Contact Form 7, and more making it great for client sites.
There are a lot of ways you can customize Gist to suit your client needs along with your own marketing and growing your list of prospects.
  • Easy set up with WordPress
  • Built in Chatbot that makes it easy to work with prospects
  • Easy creation of opt in forms to gather and grow your list
  • WordPress update took some time but was update a few weeks back
  • More chatbot options would be nice
  • Sometime you can get lost in the options
Using the Chatbot is easy when out and about on your mobile phone to keep visitors/prospects to your website informed fast in real-time.
Arpad Szucs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our main use of Gist is for customer support via the Live Chat functionality on our corporate website. This was the strongest selling point when they released the service and still is the main reason we use it. It also functions as a lightweight CRM and has many lead generation tools.
  • LiveChat is great, it even supports many languages, which is very handy if you're website visitors are not native English speakers.
  • The CRM module offers basic information about your visitors, which helps in crafting your audience segmentation.
  • It has integrated email campaigns. This wasn't extensively tested by us, but it'll be perfect for a mid-sized audience with just a few thousand subscribers.
  • Email editor could use some improvements.
  • Would be nice to have a more robust CRM module.
It's a great platform. We have been using Gist for customer support for about a year now. This is the first chat app we tried and works well so far. It has numerous handy features, like email automation, chatbots, live event tracker, knowledgebase, behavioral email marketing, and even drip campaigns, and so on. Gist's feature list is growing very fast, they seem to listen to their customers very well!
Christopher Maselli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Gist is used by my company both on my services website, on a web hosting website. Anytime we create a new venture, we include the Gist messenger bot as well as connect its email hosting throughout all forms. It connects easily with Elementor, WordPress, and other online services through Zapier.
  • The messenger bot is extremely powerful, automated and usable.
  • The email is FULL email marketing with tags, automations, etc.
  • The support team always gets back to me within 24 hours.
  • The free plan unfortunately doesn't allow for use of webhooks—have to upgrade for that.
  • The interface is completely browser-based and can take a few seconds to refresh.
  • There is SO much you can do, sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.
Gist's messenger is especially powerful and I love that I can embed it on not only my website but other subdomains on my site. Makes it so my visitors can get ahold of me on the fly--and I get notifications by email and on my phone. I can also set up automations so the bot asks questions to try and help the visitor before they need human interaction. Really nice! I also like that Gist has full email marketing, automations, tags, etc.
Fantastic support. Ask a question, get an answer within 24 hours every time. And sometimes within a few minutes. They've always come through for me, helpful and, even when it's an issue on my end, they point me in the right direction.

[Gist] takes some getting used to setting up and using the product. But that's to be expected from such a feature-rich software.

It's hard finding a single software that can do as much as Gist goes. Usually, you have to use multiple software.

• Chat Features
  • Form Builders
  • Email Marketing
  • Simplifying steps
  • Integrating More Apps
Gist is great if you want to narrow down the number of software's you have to use.
[It's being used] In a geographical area of the organisation to run a chatbox and chat bots, contacts database, autoresponders and automations to make our lead nurturing and sales process less time intensive.
  • Chatbots - Easy to set up with logic depending on how people respond
  • Automations - Triggering particular actions depending on what a visitor does on the site
  • Autoresponders and broadcast e-mails - simple to set up
  • Forms - Easy to create forms to capture info from visitors
  • Customer support is excellent and they listen to all suggestions so any missing functionality that I have discovered, they have responded to
  • They have a great suggestions process so any minor missing functionality I have discovered, I am confident will be resolved at some point
  • Honestly, I think they're really good company who listen to their users and act fast to improve the software
[It's well suited] If you have a website and want to collect info from visitors and/or e-mail visitors and/or provide chat facility on your site and/or run popups and/or build a contacts database and/or build a knowledge base and/or set up automatic triggers and events when visitors perform certain actions.

It's less appropriate if you're not prepared to invest the time in building it so it works for your site.
Austin Dwight | TrustRadius Reviewer
We launched a SAAS product numki.com and using Gist to help automate marketing and follow up to trial users of the platform to try and convert them into paying customers. We are also using the live chat feature to engage with potential customers and also as a support chat for existing customers. For leads that desire a service-based approach, we are using the booking feature to set appointments to educate people on the advantages of our platform.
  • All in one marketing platform.
  • Great self help support system (Knowledge base).
  • Live chat and bot functionality are top notch.
  • Automation and Workflows: You can create complete automation based on user behavior such as visiting a page on your website or opening a link in an email.
  • Meetings: a great system that ties in with google calendar to allow visitors to set up appointments with users.
  • The email editor is surprisingly nice because it allows me to focus on creating content instead of building the email.
  • Would be nice to be able to create task/to-dos for users.
  • It would be perfect if it had a sales pipeline like Trello or Pipedrive.
  • I have multiple domains for my business and It would be great if I could have different chat widgets I could style for each website. Currently, you get one chat widget style for all of your websites.
If your marketing model is selling products, services, or SAAS where you are doing inbound marketing and your website will do most of the lead generation and conversion, this is a great product. From live chat, support, event tracking, and automation, you could almost put your entire business on autopilot.

If your marketing model is mostly outreach to cold leads and conversion, this software currently does not have any type of sales stages or task generation. I would still use Gist for website inbound but use another software for outreach and cold leads then when they become a lead put them into Gist for marketing automation.
Alvaro Asprilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
For us it's both a handy tool to be in touch with leads and customers and essential tool to broaden support channels. Our customers can now find us more easily. And it is great for both the customer service team and the support team. We like how easy it is to integrate with WordPress.
  • Good live chat tool.
  • Easy to create custom chat bots robots.
  • Capabilities to send broadcasts and drip marketing campaigns.
  • Has a lightweight form creator that allows me to create 6 different types of forms and set the display conditions to have them show up whenever and wherever I choose.
  • Build relationships with leads and customers.
  • Support.
  • Marketing automation.
  • shortcomings such as no crm are manageable.
Gist is well suited to build relationships with leads and customers, to offer better support. And because of its marketing automation features could be very handy for improving collaboration in, as an example, the provision of educational services. We have worked with the companion iOS App and it is great for both the customer service team and the support team.
September 25, 2020

Gist Review

• Knowledgebase
  • CRM
  • Their iOS app is sometimes laggy
  • Their qualification bot could be smoother
I think everyone can use Gist.
I've contacted them on a few different occasions and they were quick to respond but the support wasn't as helpful as I'd have liked them to be.
Kejda Gjermani | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Gist as a live chat, chat bot solution, unified inbox to handle inquiries through social media, lead generation tool, and email marketing and lead segmentation tool. Users can interact with my brand from my website to get any presale questions answered. I also track their interaction via my site from Gist and can send them targeted email marketing if they meet certain criteria and set off corresponding triggers.
  • Customer service via a unified inbox so you dont have to separately monitor your twitter, Facebook or IG account for consumer communication there. Gist unified all into one inbox, better than anyone else I've seen in the market. They archive all communications and tie them back to a single user so you get unified customer history / data.
  • Marketing segmentation and automation: they track user history and behavior across the site and have super detailed segmenting capability, on par with ActiveCampaign's, but better I'd say. Better UI for the marketing admin person, and more unified data than in AC.
  • Live chat and chatbot. Usually it's either one or the other but with Gist you can do both seamlessly.
  • Better integration with e-commerce platforms. I don't know where the Shopify integration stands right now but the WooCommerce one leaves something to be desired. I will have to use a traditional cart abandonment plugin instead of Gist for actually recovering my carts because even though Gist has all the automation features to trigger cart abandonment workflows, it lacks a dynamic cart inserted via URL and lacks native coupon generation. They seem to be working on those things but they're not there yet. For SaaS businesses and the like it won't be a problem but for ecom it is.
  • The automation workflow UI is a bit overwhelming and under documented. The features are there but it's sometimes not clear from the wording WHAT you are implementing, because the copy is not 100% clear on some fine points. HOWEVER their support is available to sort it out for you and the options are very powerful when implemented correctly. They'll just need to fine-tune the copy / explanations and beef up documentation.
  • In an ideal world their lead capture forms and display rules would be on par with Convertful's. They're not there yet and it's fine. It's still much better than ActiveCampaign's or any other CMS/marketing-automation tools out there.
Gist is perfect for SaaS I'd say, and perfect for long sales cycles with lots of lead nurturing involved, and for scenarios where you re-market via FB ads, because there's FB custom audience integration built into the workflows. Perfect for customer service and support. Really outstanding there.

It's a little less suited to ecom but they're hammering out the finishing touches to make ecom cart recovery easier.
They're just great at it, super responsive and helpful, if the content of their solution is something I can't easily do myself in my account they will do it for me, so they're hands on and very active in their support. Completely different experience compared to the big guns of the industry.
The flexibility of sending automated emails and broadcast HTML emails that look great. They are always looking to develop the product. They have a ton of features including Automation Workflows, Email alerts, and importantly are GDPR compliant. They listen to their community and provide video training and a knowledge base. They do Time Zone Sending which is useful as I send to people outside my timezone. You can copy-paste images directly into your emails. The tags can be automated to alert when someone abandons a page or shopping cart. email count time timers, API integration, and did I mention the excellent form builder? The price is very reasonable for all the love, care and attention to development the Gist team put in. I use it across the whole company.
  • They listen to their community, over deliver and provide video training and a knowledge base.
  • You can do fully branded pretty html emails using your company domain's email address and are super flexible with things like count time timers and Time Zone Sending of emails which is useful for open rates as I send to people outside my timezone. You can copy-paste images directly into your emails.
  • Tags can be automated to alert when someone abandons a page or shopping cart.
  • Automated workflows are visual and so what you can conceive of you can achieve in your email stack and flow.
  • The Messenger Chat they provide for your web pages are an incredible customer service tool.
  • They don't have any bad points really as they keep open-minded about development which is customer-led.
  • Sometimes they have such a can-do attitude that they used to be tempted to take on more than they can realistically deliver but even this has improved in the last year.
  • I have a hard time keeping up with all the latest developments but I periodically go into educating myself on the latest update.
This is a solid email autoresponder system with amazing chat capability and wonderful responsive support. Ideal for entrepreneurs and SMEs that are looking to grow and scale-up. A large multinational company would not be the target audience for this system. They are saving me time with automated emails that are triggered by tags and that drip out to customers and prospects. They provide the capability that means when you send out emails they are branded correctly and come from your own company's domain. The chat widget on my website looks very professional.
We are using Gist as our live chat software for our website. Gist has solved our problem of not having a customer support feature to engage site visitors. With the chat features of Gist, it's a perfect solution for our website needs. Highly recommend this tool for all businesses out there!
  • User friendly.
  • Contact sorting.
  • Multi features.
  • Can remove the GIF feature.
  • Finds information about people on the web that is not related to your contact.
  • Options for chat app look.
As an early user of Gist, I've been impressed by how they have developed the interface and system showing REAL contacts and presenting that information as a priority. It's also a great way to sort through the noise and get relevant, targeted social media updates from Twitter and Facebook because, once again, Gist highlights the people I interact with most as a priority. A positive side effect of the service is the merging of my duplicate contact information.
I have been with Gist since the days when it was called Convertfox. I use it on all my sites to communicate with potential as well as existing clients. Prior to this, I had used Intercom, Drift, and etc. I am so happy I have finally found a solution which is both high-quality and cost-efficient!! I am now able to stay in touch with everyone easily. I also use the service to send out a weekly newsletter to my community & engage in other promotional email campaigns.
  • Awesome customer service.
  • Comprehensive set of tools.
  • Marketing powerhouse.
  • I don't have any complaints right now.
Gist is great for sites that require constant communication with visitors or users. It's probably not as essential for sites that do not focus so much on customer service.
The support team at Gist follows up on issues even I've forgotten about. They are always so friendly & kind.
We use Gist as our unified customer contact system. Customers can use integrated Gist chat in our app for immediate contact both before and after purchase. We use the strong email automation to drive our onboarding of customers and for ongoing customer engagement.
  • Complete customer contact with: chat + email automation + help desk
  • Easy to use and powerful email automation
  • Beautiful UI that is fast and powerful
  • A few niggling bugs, but support were great to help solve.
For SaaS companies that need a complete and integrated customer contact solution, Gist is perfect. Rather than trying to blend together multiple chat + email + help desk, Gist provides all three modules in a well-integrated app.
Daniele Renda | TrustRadius Reviewer
8 powerful tools to increase my business. Gist is the perfect tool to handle automation: marketing, support, knowledge base, forms, bots, tracking and much more. Your perfect ally!
We use Gist for customer support, integrated in our SaaS application. Furthermore we use GIST API to create many marketing automations based on customers' behaviours. That's great!
  • Great marketing automation.
  • Chat support with bot.
  • Affordable price.
  • More detailed documentation.
Gist is the perfect tool for every online business. If you have a website or a SaaS application and you want to manage your customers in an effective way then Gist is the right tool for you!
Gist is being used as our main support, marketing, and sales tool. The all-in-one platform allows us to provide a holistic approach to our customers. It is very important for us to have a macro view of everything that is going on in our business as much as at the micro-level. With Gist we can see where we need to focus in terms of handling customer support cases and also sales opportunities.
  • Customer support chat.
  • Email marketing campaigns.
  • Bot integration that improves sales.
  • Marketing tools such as Forms to increase leads.
  • All SaaS companies have room for improvement and Gist is not the exception but their team is always improving. Is amazing how fast they do it.
If your business depends on customer interactions such as support or sales please do yourself a favor and get Gist. This tool will not only save you time but also help you get things done. One of the best things that my team and I enjoy the most with Gist is how fun it is to work with anything. In just a couple of clicks, you know where everything is located and how to use it.
Donald Chan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're currently using Gist for email marketing and automation in our organisation. It's used by myself and the marketing team. We found the software to be easy to use and intuitive, and are pleased with the overall experience so far. The main problem it addresses for us is staying in touch with clients and prospects through email and chat.
  • Email automation works well.
  • Integrates nicely with our current tool stack.
  • Gist is consistently improving and adding features.
  • Looking forward to more templates for emails and workflows.
  • Looking forward to more integrations.
  • Looking forward to more themes for knowledge base design.
Gist is good for email marketing, live chat and customer support for marketing agencies, ecommerce stores and SaaS companies. It works pretty well out of the box and we're happy with the value we are getting from it so far. Gist might not be suitable for businesses that are primarily conducted in-person e.g. field sales, retail outlets.
February 25, 2020

A fine contender

Michael Kwan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Gist last year to manage my email newsletter program, and also tested it for live chat. Ultimately, I decided not to offer live chat at that point in time so we dropped Gist for the time being and switched to another program for email marketing. On the whole, I feel Gist is quite a good product for basic CRM, EDM, and live chat. It lacks the bells and whistles in mature products like HubSpot, but it also costs a fraction of the price so it's worth a try for small companies just starting out.
  • Live Chat administration is seamless across email, desktop, and the app.
  • Support team is good at communication and is not some half-baked team.
Best for freelancers & small companies who are just starting to look into CRM, email marketing, and live chat. Not great for busy teams who have a large budget and need something to work without question.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Gist as part of our marketing and customer support software stack. We currently use it for live chat as well as a knowledgeable for customer support as well as some of the marketing automation services for new leads coming into our marketing funnel. Gist has helped us to consolidate several of the services we use and has streamlined our support and lead gen process. We used to have separate live chat and support tools which made it difficult to centralize information, Gist has allowed us to communicate via several different channels and keep the information streamlined across all of them.
  • Full suite of applications to deploy for lead generation as well as customer support
  • Even with several different tools the setup process is easy, never needed to support to help.
  • I was an early adopter of the software and it was very buggy during the first year. They did a great job fixing these early issues but better and more frequent communication would have been helpful.
  • They should work on the reliability of their email software. While it is good I still have occasional issues with deliverability.
For the price, Gist is one of the best and feature rich tools you will find. If you are a smaller business and looking for value then Gist is a great choice. The feature set is great and the price is right. They have also made their various applications much more reliable over the past year. If you are a mature business with a bigger budget then you may get frustrated with some of the smaller bugs and quirks in Gist, it is not as polished as some of the more mature companies in this category.
Viktor Beall | TrustRadius Reviewer
For someone that needs user-friendly email automation for website visitors, especially if your website is built on WordPress, it works very well. Their simple and straight forward interface is critical for beginners and experts alike. However, do note like with any platform, that there is a learning curve, especially with some of the targeting features. We use the platform for website interactions on our website and it takes care of everything from emailing, collecting emails, chat, and tracking.
  • Ongoing monthly development cycles, with robust targeting.
  • Simplified interface, which has gotten simpler over time.
  • Opportunities exist with the chat feature.
  • No visual workflow for the email automation feature, but it's still user-friendly.
I would say for anyone looking for a tool that helps them pull leads and sends emails, it's a great solution. They have more lead-grabbing features than most other tools. They also have support features like a knowledge base, and it's even built into the chat but we don't use it for that purpose.
If you're looking for a tool for visual email creation, it seems to be lacking in those features, but typically for b2b email automation that's not what you'd use it for. You can create a template, but you wouldn't be able to edit visual templates, so I would argue that this is a better tool for b2b purposes even though it integrates with sites like WordPress, WooCommerce and a host of others via direct and indirect integrations.
Patrick Black, MAS | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Gist to help guide our customers through the registration process and ultimately through the purchase process to answer questions along the way and make the process very easy. The easier we make the process for our customers, the better experience they have which leads to long-term and loyal customers. We also use Gist for product education to send prospects relative and timely emails with more details about products of interest that are triggered based upon their behavior.
  • The newly updated forms are great and very robust.
  • Workflows are amazing because actions are performed based on customer behavior.
  • I would like to see hosted forms.
  • I would like a direct integration with Magento 2 without having to use a third party service.
Gist is great for eCommerce sites for which you have many products because you can target a different form or popup for each product page and tailor your message specifically for that product. The live chat is also great for that purpose. Being able to see the behavior of the contacts is very helpful when manually contacting them because we know where they've been on the site and we can be more prepared.