Gist Reviews

Kejda Gjermani | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 08, 2020

Get the Gist: one marketing automation / lead gen / lead nurture / customer support tool to rule them all

I use Gist as a live chat, chat bot solution, unified inbox to handle inquiries through social media, lead generation tool, and email marketing and lead segmentation tool. Users can interact with my brand from my website to get any presale questions answered. I also track their interaction via my site from Gist and can send them targeted email marketing if they meet certain criteria and set off corresponding triggers.
  • Customer service via a unified inbox so you dont have to separately monitor your twitter, Facebook or IG account for consumer communication there. Gist unified all into one inbox, better than anyone else I've seen in the market. They archive all communications and tie them back to a single user so you get unified customer history / data.
  • Marketing segmentation and automation: they track user history and behavior across the site and have super detailed segmenting capability, on par with ActiveCampaign's, but better I'd say. Better UI for the marketing admin person, and more unified data than in AC.
  • Live chat and chatbot. Usually it's either one or the other but with Gist you can do both seamlessly.
  • Better integration with e-commerce platforms. I don't know where the Shopify integration stands right now but the WooCommerce one leaves something to be desired. I will have to use a traditional cart abandonment plugin instead of Gist for actually recovering my carts because even though Gist has all the automation features to trigger cart abandonment workflows, it lacks a dynamic cart inserted via URL and lacks native coupon generation. They seem to be working on those things but they're not there yet. For SaaS businesses and the like it won't be a problem but for ecom it is.
  • The automation workflow UI is a bit overwhelming and under documented. The features are there but it's sometimes not clear from the wording WHAT you are implementing, because the copy is not 100% clear on some fine points. HOWEVER their support is available to sort it out for you and the options are very powerful when implemented correctly. They'll just need to fine-tune the copy / explanations and beef up documentation.
  • In an ideal world their lead capture forms and display rules would be on par with Convertful's. They're not there yet and it's fine. It's still much better than ActiveCampaign's or any other CMS/marketing-automation tools out there.
Gist is perfect for SaaS I'd say, and perfect for long sales cycles with lots of lead nurturing involved, and for scenarios where you re-market via FB ads, because there's FB custom audience integration built into the workflows. Perfect for customer service and support. Really outstanding there.

It's a little less suited to ecom but they're hammering out the finishing touches to make ecom cart recovery easier.
Read Kejda Gjermani's full review
Mark Sinclair | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Gist is a powerful all-in-one platform for sales and service.

• Gist provides us with a single, all-in-one software platform with incredible power to support our clients and enhance our sales and marketing. Gist allowed us to replace several very high profile applications like Zendesk, Mailchimp and others with one platform.
  • At the same time, they have additional features well beyond those platforms that we did not expect. That is saving us money and time. More importantly, we can support our clients and potential clients 24 hours a day and seven days a week, and we can serve them with very targeted messaging and help.
  • When it comes to their own support,
    Gist give us very responsive support using their application. From our experience, they care very much about their clients. They have a clear vision for the future and continue to live up to their promises by regularly delivering and releasing new features.
  • We use Gist for live customer support, knowledge base, autoresponder messaging, targeted email drip campaigns, automations, inbound and outbound marketing, contact management, website popup forms, online calendar bookings, tracking activity across our application, our website, and more.
  • Live customer support
  • Knowledge base
  • Email messaging and marketing
  • Autoresponder emails
  • Email drip campaigns
  • Automations
  • Contact management
  • Online bookings
  • Tracking activity across software and website
  • Online forms
  • Sales tracking
  • Nothing is missing for us.
  • Gist is adding new features all the time.
We have a SaaS product and provide 24/7 support to our clients. Gist is perfect to ensure we deliver great support and also to assist our sales and marketing. We use it for drip mail campaigns, live chat, knowledge base, targeted in app messaging, email marketing, email communications, automations, and so much more. Gist gives us an all in one platform at a significant cost saving, and with features that would have required us to add more applications.
Read Mark Sinclair's full review
Donald Chan | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 31, 2020

Gist is a great email marketing and customer support tool

We're currently using Gist for email marketing and automation in our organisation. It's used by myself and the marketing team. We found the software to be easy to use and intuitive, and are pleased with the overall experience so far. The main problem it addresses for us is staying in touch with clients and prospects through email and chat.
  • Email automation works well.
  • Integrates nicely with our current tool stack.
  • Gist is consistently improving and adding features.
  • Looking forward to more templates for emails and workflows.
  • Looking forward to more integrations.
  • Looking forward to more themes for knowledge base design.
Gist is good for email marketing, live chat and customer support for marketing agencies, ecommerce stores and SaaS companies. It works pretty well out of the box and we're happy with the value we are getting from it so far. Gist might not be suitable for businesses that are primarily conducted in-person e.g. field sales, retail outlets.
Read Donald Chan's full review
Michael Kwan | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

A fine contender

I used Gist last year to manage my email newsletter program, and also tested it for live chat. Ultimately, I decided not to offer live chat at that point in time so we dropped Gist for the time being and switched to another program for email marketing. On the whole, I feel Gist is quite a good product for basic CRM, EDM, and live chat. It lacks the bells and whistles in mature products like HubSpot, but it also costs a fraction of the price so it's worth a try for small companies just starting out.
  • Live Chat administration is seamless across email, desktop, and the app.
  • Support team is good at communication and is not some half-baked team.
Best for freelancers & small companies who are just starting to look into CRM, email marketing, and live chat. Not great for busy teams who have a large budget and need something to work without question.
Read Michael Kwan's full review
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

Full Featured Support & Lead Gen Suite That's Priced Right

We are using Gist as part of our marketing and customer support software stack. We currently use it for live chat as well as a knowledgeable for customer support as well as some of the marketing automation services for new leads coming into our marketing funnel. Gist has helped us to consolidate several of the services we use and has streamlined our support and lead gen process. We used to have separate live chat and support tools which made it difficult to centralize information, Gist has allowed us to communicate via several different channels and keep the information streamlined across all of them.
  • Full suite of applications to deploy for lead generation as well as customer support
  • Even with several different tools the setup process is easy, never needed to support to help.
  • I was an early adopter of the software and it was very buggy during the first year. They did a great job fixing these early issues but better and more frequent communication would have been helpful.
  • They should work on the reliability of their email software. While it is good I still have occasional issues with deliverability.
For the price, Gist is one of the best and feature rich tools you will find. If you are a smaller business and looking for value then Gist is a great choice. The feature set is great and the price is right. They have also made their various applications much more reliable over the past year. If you are a mature business with a bigger budget then you may get frustrated with some of the smaller bugs and quirks in Gist, it is not as polished as some of the more mature companies in this category.
Read Gary Shouldis's full review
Viktor Beall | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Email automation that is going somewhere!

For someone that needs user-friendly email automation for website visitors, especially if your website is built on WordPress, it works very well. Their simple and straight forward interface is critical for beginners and experts alike. However, do note like with any platform, that there is a learning curve, especially with some of the targeting features. We use the platform for website interactions on our website and it takes care of everything from emailing, collecting emails, chat, and tracking.
  • Ongoing monthly development cycles, with robust targeting.
  • Simplified interface, which has gotten simpler over time.
  • Opportunities exist with the chat feature.
  • No visual workflow for the email automation feature, but it's still user-friendly.
I would say for anyone looking for a tool that helps them pull leads and sends emails, it's a great solution. They have more lead-grabbing features than most other tools. They also have support features like a knowledge base, and it's even built into the chat but we don't use it for that purpose.
If you're looking for a tool for visual email creation, it seems to be lacking in those features, but typically for b2b email automation that's not what you'd use it for. You can create a template, but you wouldn't be able to edit visual templates, so I would argue that this is a better tool for b2b purposes even though it integrates with sites like WordPress, WooCommerce and a host of others via direct and indirect integrations.
Read Viktor Beall's full review
Patrick Black, MAS | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2020

Gist has greatly improved our efficiency!

We use Gist to help guide our customers through the registration process and ultimately through the purchase process to answer questions along the way and make the process very easy. The easier we make the process for our customers, the better experience they have which leads to long-term and loyal customers. We also use Gist for product education to send prospects relative and timely emails with more details about products of interest that are triggered based upon their behavior.
  • The newly updated forms are great and very robust.
  • Workflows are amazing because actions are performed based on customer behavior.
  • I would like to see hosted forms.
  • I would like a direct integration with Magento 2 without having to use a third party service.
Gist is great for eCommerce sites for which you have many products because you can target a different form or popup for each product page and tailor your message specifically for that product. The live chat is also great for that purpose. Being able to see the behavior of the contacts is very helpful when manually contacting them because we know where they've been on the site and we can be more prepared.
Read Patrick Black, MAS's full review
Ura Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 30, 2020

Gist is a powerful marketing magnet!

I use Gist to communicate to customers and potential customers through the chatbot, sending newsletters, and delivering free guides to my audience. It's also used to sell courses and products through email.
  • The newsletters are easy to create and send to the people on the list.
  • I love using the chat bot to field questions about consulting services and courses during a launch.
  • There's definitely a learning curve starting out.
  • It's not easy to integrate with other tools.
It's easy for me to get help from a representative when I am stuck or don't know where to start. They are very kind and lead me to get the results I'm looking for. Creating and sending custom emails is easy to do.
Read Ura Murphy's full review
Shayla Bell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Gist Makes Running My Business Easy!

As a solopreneur selling higher priced art, I need to have a really strong support tool to help answer any questions my clients may have before or during their purchase. I love that Gist gives me the ability to have live chat (which I can respond to from my phone!), a chat bot, and even a knowledge base!
  • The live chat has a beautiful UI; is easy for both the end-user and admin and I can even respond to my users from my phone.
  • Customer support is phenomenal! They use their own live chat tool, which just proves they believe in it, and are usually available to help me even at night and on weekends when I'm working on my business.
  • There's a lot of features available, so it can be a little overwhelming at first but it only takes a few minutes to learn how to use and implement each of the features.
I love having a chat bot, live chat, a knowledge base, and even an email marketing platform all in one place because it means I can easily sync data between them all and even better, I do it all in one place with just a single subscription!
Read Shayla Bell's full review
Ian Keir | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

A Great Platform for Small Business Email Marketing and Customer Service!

I'm using Gist across my entire organization to assist with customer service and getting in contact with customers. Before using Gist, I had no live chat option for my website and I also had a disjointed approach to email that wasn't integrated with past interactions that a customer had on my website. Now with Gist, I'm able to unite email, chat, and customer service queries and see the breakdown by person.
  • Unified system - no need to integrate multiple tools.
  • Easy to set up chat functionality and customize display rules.
  • More customization in emails. You can code a custom email template, but it would be nice to have a WYSIWIG editor to create something in the platform.
  • CRM capabilities. It already has lite-CRM capabilities, but it would be nice to have some more CRM options since you can already see email/chat history, customer service tickets, etc.
Gist works really well for small businesses that need a unified customer service, chat, and email provider. By managing all three of these features in one place, small businesses can spend less time setting up complicated marketing systems.

Gist would not work as well for larger businesses that need more customization and that need to send more complex email campaigns.
Read Ian Keir's full review
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 25, 2020

Excellent marketing automation solution

Gist is being used to interact with my website visitors, who mostly are software testing professionals. Gist chat user interface helps us to touch base with the visitors, understand their needs, and help them. It is being used across the platform along with pop-ups, UI, and emails. Gist is very easy to set up, and improves our interactivity with our visitors.
  • Intuitive UI.
  • Easy to set up.
  • It has limited pop-up designs.
  • No gamification.
Gist is appropriate if you would like to convert your visitors to customers. It is an excellent solution if you want to implement automation workflows, email campaigns, chat to email features, and many more. Gist does not impact the performance of the app or website. The mobile app of Gist helps to connect with your visitors all the time.
Read NaveenKumar Namachivayam's full review
James Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

Great email marketing software for any small website owner

I'm personally using gist for my small WordPress website. I'm a one-man band and required an integrated marketing automation tool to welcome any new visitors to my website. I use it across my whole website and I personally control and run it by myself. It basically simplifies the initial welcome step in my business and assists me in targeting my potential customers. The
best part about Gist is that it is scaleable. As my small website grows, I can
scale with the number of contacts in the database, and at the same time have
access to all their advanced features.
  • Customer support.
  • Marketing automation.
  • Interface may look a little dated compared to the competition.
For any small business such as my own website, I think Gist fits in perfectly. For smaller to medium-sized businesses, there's a lot of software to choose from, but for the value for money and the features Gist provides, it was too hard to not consider it after reading many reviews previously. If you're trying to build an email list, I think it's perfect and you can add triggers to engage your contacts based on their interactivity with your website. It would probably be less suitable to the large corporations however due to the lack of integrations with corporate software.
Read James Thomas's full review
Alden Sabanovic | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Providing customer support and keeping visitors engaged has never been easier!

We have tried many applications that offer live chat support and email marketing automation and nothing has come close to what Gist has to offer! One business problem we had was providing live support on our website. With Gist we have solved that problem, thanks to its amazing live chat feature! The one thing that we absolutely love is how stunning it looks on our website! The live chat feature is so easy to implement and set up. Now our visitors can instantly get our support and in return, we get to collect the leads! Thanks Gist!
  • Easy to use live chat
  • Robust email marketing automation
  • Stunning forms and knowledge base
  • A bit of a learning curve
  • Even more integrations would be great
  • Ability to completely debrand the live chat
Providing customer support and keeping my visitors engaged has never been easier! With Gist enabled on my website I can easily and effortlessly keep my visitors engaged through email marketing automation and also offer them instant support through the live chat. I highly recommend this tool to anyone who runs a business and wants to keep their visitors satisfied and engaged!
Read Alden Sabanovic's full review
Joshua Slot | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2019

Gist is awesome!

I've used Gist for quite a while now and this is the first tool I can use to the full extent. The logic in workflow makes sense and I am very happy.
I use Gist with my team to deliver instant support to our customers via chat and our knowledge base. We've also set up a funnel for our frontend on the website so potential customers can ask questions easily.
  • Live chat.
  • Automation.
  • Workflows.
  • Learning curve, it's not easy to setup but once you have it's awesome.
  • New feature integrations are also tough to fit into your existing workflow.
  • Nothing else, really.
You can use Gist for customer support and customer sales. Use automation to keep customers informed, educated and happy. It's really online based and focusses on small to medium size businesses. The team features are good but not as great as HubSpot but the price is much much better. So yes, I would recommend Gist to a lot of people and already did!
Read Joshua Slot's full review
Dustin Day | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2019

Gist is a great platform with a lot of tools to capture and communicate with website leads.

We use Gist to communicate through our website with chat and CTAs to gain potential leads. Once we have captured the lead, we use Gist to keep in contact with them through email marketing. I am using Gist for myself, and several other businesses that I help admin. Gist helps me communicate with a potential lead at important decision-making points through our website and funnels.
  • Chat and chat prompts
  • Segmenting leads
  • Knowledgebase
  • Customer Support
  • Love more forms and CTA options native to Gist
  • Integrations, always more integrations! Great support so far though
  • More styling for the chat prompt
If you have a website that is B2B or B2C, Gist can be useful. You need to communicate with your target audience, and the faster you can get to them when they need help the more likely you are to close them. Gist does a great job of helping you stay on top of your website user or lead so you can make that connection when you have the chance. Between chat prompts, bots, live view, and automation, you can really make the most of the application once you get it setup.
Read Dustin Day's full review
Douglas McFarlane | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 31, 2019

Gist in time!

We use Gist to provide an immediate response to clients visiting our website. This allows us to be quick to respond to our important customers and therefore keep their interest and show that we are keen to provide the information they need to purchase our products.
  • They continue to change and improve their offering.
  • The customization options are extensive allowing tailoring to suit your needs.
  • The site integrates well and very easily with your own environments.
  • They provide a great web app to chat on the move.
  • I can't identify any as they are constantly changing and improving.
I'd recommend using Gist if you are interested in customer retention and responding to clients quickly. They may well visit another site within the next few minutes if they can't get their questions answered, so this will help to secure business. It also provides a helpful reminder to clients that your customer is only a few clicks away from communicating directly with an expert.
Read Douglas McFarlane's full review
Vitali Kosyrau | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2019

All in one Marketing, Sales and Support

Live chat, ticketing and knowledge base all in one. We use it on the website of the company to communicate with visitors and customers. Convenient chatbot to capture new leads. I really like the update of the product and its new chips: Live View, Message Sneak Peek, AutoCapture and Zoom integration. Many integrations with other services.
  • Event Tracking
  • Chatbot
  • Need web hook for standard plan
  • Need UTM parameters tracking
  • Need email constructor
This product is perfect for your site to communicate with visitors and customers of your company. Integrated email marketing is a very cool thing that keeps you in touch with your customers. A cool chatbot contributor that makes it easy to qualify new leads. Many integrations with other services.
Read Vitali Kosyrau's full review
Drew Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

The only marketing automation platform I need and use!

Gist allows us to follow-up with users who have done a trial of our software and convert them into sales without any extra effort on our part. It also allows us to send targeted emails to different segments of our list to maximize customer lifetime value without annoying various irrelevant list segments.
  • Marketing automation.
  • Email segmentation.
  • The learning curve for more advanced features may be daunting, but spending a few hours learning makes things easier.
Gist is well-suited if you're losing leads that don't convert into sales you can create sequences designed to bring them in, and if you have high bounce rates at checkout you can follow up automatically to try and close the sales, the list goes on and on - there are a lot of useful scenarios for marketing automation that just about any website/business can benefit from.
Read Drew Harrison's full review
Mark Ogner | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

All you need for customer support and marketing

I use Gist for all my marketing and customer support needs. As an insurance website, we were able to automate a lot of things we do on a daily basis with Gist, saving a lot of time for other tasks.
  • Chat works like a charm.
  • Endless automation options.
  • Better documentation.
Gist is well suited for business both small and large.
Read Mark Ogner's full review
DJ Borhan | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Gist is the all-in-one solution I needed

I just started using Gist and it has blown my mind. It has all the features I was using on different platforms summed into one. Their free plan has more features than most competing brands have on their paid memberships. I like how they have incorporated email marketing, live chat, and customer service all in one dashboard. I was using and paying for different platforms before but now have it all with Gist.
  • Email marketing
  • Live Chat
  • Their website is mobile optimized
  • Use TicketTailor to send emails from customers back to Gist email marketing
Gist is great for companies that focus on customer interaction and live chat.
Read DJ Borhan's full review
Masuk Sarker Batista (MSB) | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

All-in-one support software!

Gist is an all-in-one platform to provide customer support. I like their super cool chat widget. Using their mobile app I can reply to my customers on the go. It helps me a lot to provide faster support. Also, they have a knowledgebase feature. This knowledgebase reduces customer ticket submissions a lot. My business is so smooth because of this powerful software!
  • Super cool chat widget.
  • Awesome user-experience.
  • In Facebook page integration I can only reply to FB page messages through Gist. But there is no option to reply to customer comments like on LiveAgent. This is a feature I really wish was available in Gist.
Gist is perfect for any e-commerce site, e-learning platform, portfolio site, and more!
Read Masuk Sarker Batista (MSB)'s full review
Jorge Dominguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Start now, start with Gist.

We recommend Gist to customers that want to start using a marketing platform.
  • The platform to get started!
  • Has everything I need to manage the marketing efforts.
  • Need more integrations from other platforms.
  • Not as many features as a long-time marketing platform.
Getting started in eCommerce, you can get much from Gist!
Read Jorge Dominguez's full review
Mary Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 27, 2020

Great service at an adequate price

Gist is being used by our customer support
team. We use it for live chat, email marketing automation, and our knowledgebase. It is easily integrated with our website. Thanks to Gist,
we can help our customers during office hours, plan drip
campaigns, send emails to selected groups of customers, maintain our knowledge base, and easily update it when needed.
  • Software is constantly updating and improving.
  • They have responsive support that is always ready to answer any questions.
  • They have some bugs in their WYSIWYG in knowledge base.
  • Our email templates broke after one of their system updates.
It's a solution for SaaS, marketing agencies, business services, home services, bloggers, and publishers. We have been using Gist for several months for live chat, email marketing automation, and our knowledge base. We switched from a more expensive solution. Gist fully meets our needs and offers an adequate price as well.
Read Mary Cooper's full review
Uwe Dreissigacker | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 30, 2019

Gist offers a great all-in-one customer support and marketing tool

We've used Gist for several years for our live chat and support. We've also tried their email drip-feed campaign feature in the past and the segmentation tools within the Contacts/CRM feature of Gist.
In the near future we'll implement more email campaigns and broadcast messages, as well as their Knowledgebase. They keep developing their tool and have already had some major updates since we started using them, including an entire user interface redesign as well as a redesign of their chatbox.
  • Live chat.
  • Contacts and segmentation.
  • Email deliverability was shaky in the past (but is apparently fixed now).
Any SaaS company can definitely profit by using Gist. It's a great and affordable alternative to Intercom.
Read Uwe Dreissigacker's full review
David Lion Chyriwsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2019

Gist made an instant impact

Gist has replaced our email marketing tool Mailchimp, it's far more advanced and intuitive to use than Mailchimp and is allowing us to grow as a business.
  • Live Chat
  • Reporting
After working in the marketing industry for several years, I've used many tools such as Emma, AWeber & Mailchimp, Gist was by far the most robust email marketing tool, it's extremely easy to use and very powerful.
Read David Lion Chyriwsky's full review

About Gist

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform that helps organizations engage and lead their audience through the entire journey from website visitor to happy customer.

The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is an affordable product on the market that ties live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more into one easy-to-use tool.