Gist Reviews

Mark Sinclair profile photo
  • Gist provides us with a single, all-in-one software platform with incredible power to support our clients and enhance our sales and marketing. Gist allowed us to replace several very high profile applications like Zendesk, Mailchimp and others with one platform.
  • At the same time, they have additional features well beyond those platforms that we did not expect. That is saving us money and time. More importantly, we can support our clients and potential clients 24 hours a day and seven days a week, and we can serve them with very targeted messaging and help.
  • When it comes to their own support,
    Gist give us very responsive support using their application. From our experience, they care very much about their clients. They have a clear vision for the future and continue to live up to their promises by regularly delivering and releasing new features.
  • We use Gist for live customer support, knowledge base, autoresponder messaging, targeted email drip campaigns, automations, inbound and outbound marketing, contact management, website popup forms, online calendar bookings, tracking activity across our application, our website, and more.
  • Live customer support
  • Knowledge base
  • Email messaging and marketing
  • Autoresponder emails
  • Email drip campaigns
  • Automations
  • Contact management
  • Online bookings
  • Tracking activity across software and website
  • Online forms
  • Sales tracking
  • Nothing is missing for us.
  • Gist is adding new features all the time.
We have a SaaS product and provide 24/7 support to our clients. Gist is perfect to ensure we deliver great support and also to assist our sales and marketing. We use it for drip mail campaigns, live chat, knowledge base, targeted in app messaging, email marketing, email communications, automations, and so much more. Gist gives us an all in one platform at a significant cost saving, and with features that would have required us to add more applications.
Read Mark Sinclair's full review
James Thomas profile photo
I'm personally using gist for my small WordPress website. I'm a one-man band and required an integrated marketing automation tool to welcome any new visitors to my website. I use it across my whole website and I personally control and run it by myself. It basically simplifies the initial welcome step in my business and assists me in targeting my potential customers. The
best part about Gist is that it is scaleable. As my small website grows, I can
scale with the number of contacts in the database, and at the same time have
access to all their advanced features.
  • Customer support.
  • Marketing automation.
  • Interface may look a little dated compared to the competition.
For any small business such as my own website, I think Gist fits in perfectly. For smaller to medium-sized businesses, there's a lot of software to choose from, but for the value for money and the features Gist provides, it was too hard to not consider it after reading many reviews previously. If you're trying to build an email list, I think it's perfect and you can add triggers to engage your contacts based on their interactivity with your website. It would probably be less suitable to the large corporations however due to the lack of integrations with corporate software.
Read James Thomas's full review
Gary Shouldis profile photo
We are using Gist as part of our marketing and customer support software stack. We currently use it for live chat as well as a knowledgeable for customer support as well as some of the marketing automation services for new leads coming into our marketing funnel. Gist has helped us to consolidate several of the services we use and has streamlined our support and lead gen process. We used to have separate live chat and support tools which made it difficult to centralize information, Gist has allowed us to communicate via several different channels and keep the information streamlined across all of them.
  • Full suite of applications to deploy for lead generation as well as customer support
  • Even with several different tools the setup process is easy, never needed to support to help.
  • I was an early adopter of the software and it was very buggy during the first year. They did a great job fixing these early issues but better and more frequent communication would have been helpful.
  • They should work on the reliability of their email software. While it is good I still have occasional issues with deliverability.
For the price, Gist is one of the best and feature rich tools you will find. If you are a smaller business and looking for value then Gist is a great choice. The feature set is great and the price is right. They have also made their various applications much more reliable over the past year. If you are a mature business with a bigger budget then you may get frustrated with some of the smaller bugs and quirks in Gist, it is not as polished as some of the more mature companies in this category.
Read Gary Shouldis's full review
Alden Sabanovic profile photo
We have tried many applications that offer live chat support and email marketing automation and nothing has come close to what Gist has to offer! One business problem we had was providing live support on our website. With Gist we have solved that problem, thanks to its amazing live chat feature! The one thing that we absolutely love is how stunning it looks on our website! The live chat feature is so easy to implement and set up. Now our visitors can instantly get our support and in return, we get to collect the leads! Thanks Gist!
  • Easy to use live chat
  • Robust email marketing automation
  • Stunning forms and knowledge base
  • A bit of a learning curve
  • Even more integrations would be great
  • Ability to completely debrand the live chat
Providing customer support and keeping my visitors engaged has never been easier! With Gist enabled on my website I can easily and effortlessly keep my visitors engaged through email marketing automation and also offer them instant support through the live chat. I highly recommend this tool to anyone who runs a business and wants to keep their visitors satisfied and engaged!
Read Alden Sabanovic's full review
Joshua Slot profile photo
December 06, 2019

Gist is awesome!

I've used Gist for quite a while now and this is the first tool I can use to the full extent. The logic in workflow makes sense and I am very happy.
I use Gist with my team to deliver instant support to our customers via chat and our knowledge base. We've also set up a funnel for our frontend on the website so potential customers can ask questions easily.
  • Live chat.
  • Automation.
  • Workflows.
  • Learning curve, it's not easy to setup but once you have it's awesome.
  • New feature integrations are also tough to fit into your existing workflow.
  • Nothing else, really.
You can use Gist for customer support and customer sales. Use automation to keep customers informed, educated and happy. It's really online based and focusses on small to medium size businesses. The team features are good but not as great as HubSpot but the price is much much better. So yes, I would recommend Gist to a lot of people and already did!
Read Joshua Slot's full review
Dustin Day profile photo
We use Gist to communicate through our website with chat and CTAs to gain potential leads. Once we have captured the lead, we use Gist to keep in contact with them through email marketing. I am using Gist for myself, and several other businesses that I help admin. Gist helps me communicate with a potential lead at important decision-making points through our website and funnels.
  • Chat and chat prompts
  • Segmenting leads
  • Knowledgebase
  • Customer Support
  • Love more forms and CTA options native to Gist
  • Integrations, always more integrations! Great support so far though
  • More styling for the chat prompt
If you have a website that is B2B or B2C, Gist can be useful. You need to communicate with your target audience, and the faster you can get to them when they need help the more likely you are to close them. Gist does a great job of helping you stay on top of your website user or lead so you can make that connection when you have the chance. Between chat prompts, bots, live view, and automation, you can really make the most of the application once you get it setup.
Read Dustin Day's full review
Tristin Roney profile photo
We use it for chat support, email marketing, marketing automation, and all of our customer relationship needs. It's a wonderful tool for simplifying our tech stack. Right now we only use it for one of our websites, which is an eComm site. It has been an extremely effective tool for improving customer relations and increasing conversions. We are planning to roll it out to several other websites in the near future.
  • Gist provides endless ways of interacting with customers. I can chat and email with them, track their usage on my site, qualify them, add tags and other profile information, and so much more.
  • There is even an awesome live view that lets me spy on visitors to see how they're using the site.
  • The tools are powerful, easy to use, and constantly getting improvements. It seems like every week there is another update being rolled out that substantially extends the functionality or usability of the features in Gist.
  • Plan limits can be confusing. For example, there is a monthly charge for support and a monthly charge for "growth," plus there's a separate charge depending on how many contacts and seats you have. Perhaps this is normal in the industry, but it can make it a little challenging to understand the bill every month.
  • The vast amount of features means development will never be as fast as you'd like it to be (even though they release updates all the time). This may not actually be a valid concern, and it certainly isn't unique to Gist (who doesn't have a wishlist they're waiting on their favorite SaaS to get to?), but I do believe the likelihood of being stuck without your desired feature being developed goes up a lot as the product gets bigger and bigger.
  • Email deliverability has been less than perfect in the past, but it has improved drastically in the last year.
Gist is an excellent tool for teams looking to provide all-in-one customer support and marketing under the same umbrella product. Having everything in the same platform makes integration a breeze and saves hours per week on managing leads and customers. It may not be ideal for a large company that has many diverse needs that would require a bespoke solution.
Read Tristin Roney's full review
Douglas McFarlane profile photo
October 31, 2019

Gist in time!

We use Gist to provide an immediate response to clients visiting our website. This allows us to be quick to respond to our important customers and therefore keep their interest and show that we are keen to provide the information they need to purchase our products.
  • They continue to change and improve their offering.
  • The customization options are extensive allowing tailoring to suit your needs.
  • The site integrates well and very easily with your own environments.
  • They provide a great web app to chat on the move.
  • I can't identify any as they are constantly changing and improving.
I'd recommend using Gist if you are interested in customer retention and responding to clients quickly. They may well visit another site within the next few minutes if they can't get their questions answered, so this will help to secure business. It also provides a helpful reminder to clients that your customer is only a few clicks away from communicating directly with an expert.
Read Douglas McFarlane's full review
Vitali Kosyrau profile photo
Live chat, ticketing and knowledge base all in one. We use it on the website of the company to communicate with visitors and customers. Convenient chatbot to capture new leads. I really like the update of the product and its new chips: Live View, Message Sneak Peek, AutoCapture and Zoom integration. Many integrations with other services.
  • Event Tracking
  • Chatbot
  • Need web hook for standard plan
  • Need UTM parameters tracking
  • Need email constructor
This product is perfect for your site to communicate with visitors and customers of your company. Integrated email marketing is a very cool thing that keeps you in touch with your customers. A cool chatbot contributor that makes it easy to qualify new leads. Many integrations with other services.
Read Vitali Kosyrau's full review
Tibor Olgers profile photo
Since we made the switch from Convertkit to Gist, we got several messages from leads and customers who were amazed by the personalized and well-timed communication they received from us. All automated without a single line of code. We are more relevant than ever for our leads, and sales have increased significantly. Really happy with this solution, and the great team behind it.
  • All in one solution.
  • Event tracking (and automated follow up) without code.
  • Automated workflows.
  • Faster updates.
  • More customization options for the opt-in forms.
If you're looking for a very good all-in-one solution for a fair price, Gist is the way to go. If you're just looking for one specific element, email automation, for example, you're better off with one of their competitors.
Read Tibor Olgers's full review
Craige Hardel profile photo
We're using it as our autoresponder for leads who opt-in for our lead magnet. Also, we use the scheduling feature to book meetings. It helps with lead capture and also having multiple tools for one price.
  • Really good live chat. It's easy to pass tickets to a team member and also handle them on the fly with their app. Unlike other providers, their app works really well and is reliable.
  • Forms. They're awesome, and the design options are way better than even more seasoned alternatives. The timing and flexibility of design is a plus.
  • Booking: it's basically calendly in there, and a must for any serious business owner. Their custom meeting links help make my calendar even more useful.
  • Livechat: it's easy to use and to manage agents.
  • Workflows. The feature works, but the UX can take some work.
  • Automations/ trigger actions UX -- they work well, but the UX could be made easier.
  • More email templates.
Suited if you want to run a website with a small team of VAs or inhouse employees. You can provide support, run your email marketing, and you can send from multiple domains. Their integrations aren't as vast as you'd expect, but they're adding quickly.
Read Craige Hardel's full review
Abe Challah profile photo
I am subscribed to the highest tier of Gist, so I am taking the full advantage of the platform. I use it for lead capture, customer support, live chat, and email marketing. I was able to customize the chat widget to match my site's branding and the whole experience is very smooth. We are a software development house and we test software very thoroughly, we decided on Gist because it combines email marketing, live chat, and customer support tools so we don't have to pay for them separately. Not to mention that their support is great. We use it in our marketing department but everyone in my company uses it because our policy is that everyone in the company is responsible for support. I have recommended Gist to some of my friends and they also started to use it in their businesses.
  • Live Chat. We use it for customer support by installing a chat widget on all our websites and landing pages.
  • Email Marketing. It's a full autoresponder. You can capture leads with landing pages and forms and trigger email sequences after they opt-in.
  • Knowledge Base. It helps us find answers for our customers much faster.
  • Mobile app. It helps us keep an eye on all support issues and handle customer support while on the go.
  • Their email marketing features are still not where I would like them to be but they are improving all the time.
I've come to depend on the live chat feature so much that I cannot run my business without it. The mobile app makes my dream of running my business remotely a reality. Two months ago I was on the Swiss Alps and got a message from a potential client, I was able to close the customer while spending the day on the mountain top. Not to mention that the knowledge base makes supporting customers on the go a breeze. If you have a customer-facing landing page then you need Gist. It is not meant to be used as an email marketing suite at the moment but it does the customer support job extremely well.
Read Abe Challah's full review
Uwe Dreissigacker profile photo
We've used Gist for several years for our live chat and support. We've also tried their email drip-feed campaign feature in the past and the segmentation tools within the Contacts/CRM feature of Gist.
In the near future we'll implement more email campaigns and broadcast messages, as well as their Knowledgebase. They keep developing their tool and have already had some major updates since we started using them, including an entire user interface redesign as well as a redesign of their chatbox.
  • Live chat.
  • Contacts and segmentation.
  • Email deliverability was shaky in the past (but is apparently fixed now).
Any SaaS company can definitely profit by using Gist. It's a great and affordable alternative to Intercom.
Read Uwe Dreissigacker's full review
Yamin Ismail profile photo
September 05, 2019

Great all-in-one tool

We use Gist for day to day support with clients and website visitors. We utilize this all-in-one marketing automation software on 3 of our websites tackling anything from websites issues to lead generation and answering product related questions. We also use it to communicate and interact with users on a regular basis.
  • Awesome online support team.
  • Wordpress integration.
  • Excellent knowledge base functionality.
  • Improve the email editor. The text sometimes has different text size proportions (links).
Gist is a perfect all-in-one marketing tool with great ease of use that will be very favourable for any company wanting to offer support via website. The chatbot and knowledgebase tools are very useful for my services.
Read Yamin Ismail's full review
Milo Meed profile photo
Gist is being used by our company for chat service on our website, booking demos, and email marketing. Gist is used across the board and allows us to communicate with website visitors and the team all on one platform. The problem that Gist solves is not having to use multiple programs to communicate with customers and teams. Gist is only getting better, and as it grows we are able to cancel other programs.
  • Chat on the Gist platform is amazing and super easy to install on my website with just a little code in the header.
  • Chat notifications are on point and the live view makes things even better. You're able to view visitors on your website without chat.
  • Workspace is amazing and makes setting up your marketing emails easy.
  • Pre-design email templates.
  • Quick tip videos built in the dashboard to help you when starting a new project. I would love to say to my team, "Follow the instructions on Gist to setup."
Gist is great for chat on your website and as a knowledge base. Gist could be a little too much for an individual selling online. Someone wanting to send out a quick promotional email or without the pre-built emails might need another system. I know the team at Gist will catch up with more predesign forms and emails.
Read Milo Meed's full review
David Lion Chyriwsky profile photo
Gist has replaced our email marketing tool Mailchimp, it's far more advanced and intuitive to use than Mailchimp and is allowing us to grow as a business.
  • Reporting
After working in the marketing industry for several years, I've used many tools such as Emma, AWeber & Mailchimp, Gist was by far the most robust email marketing tool, it's extremely easy to use and very powerful.
Read David Lion Chyriwsky's full review
Oliver Braithwaite profile photo
August 24, 2019

Gist is a rising star

We use Gist to fulfill our lead magnet delivery and drip feed email sequences. We also use Gist for logged in users as part of our support stack. The chat, bot, and knowledgebase features are very useful and Gist integrates with many other platforms very nicely. It's a huge benefit to be able to trigger emails or open website chat instances based on user behavior, all from one central place where our user data is stored. Gist is the user communications hub of our business.
  • Website chat.
  • Automation triggers (email, chat popup, bot).
  • Integrating email sending capability with chat support.
  • Lightbox popups need to allow images to be loaded.
  • Some bugs still need to be ironed out in the email builder.
  • Could do with more documentation around strategies and use cases showing good ways to integrate the many features of the platform.
Gist is well suited for small to medium-sized businesses who want a complete solution at a great price. At this stage, enterprises will likely prefer to pay a premium for a more mature platform.
Read Oliver Braithwaite's full review
Ryan Stomel profile photo
The whole organization is using it as our marketing automation tool as well as an outreach tool. We firmly believe that this is a better product than the other alternatives that currently exist. We made the change to Gist due to the pricing model and the incredible innovation that they're working through.
  • Analytics
  • Customer Support Hours
  • No ability to debrand live chat and calendar
Its well suited in most scenarios to fulfill all of your marketing automation. From a calendar integration and meeting toolkit, this piece of software truly has it all. I wish I discovered them earlier as the price is just so much better than the alternatives that are out there. Not only that, but they continue innovating new products and segments to the business.
Read Ryan Stomel's full review
Christopher Page, MBA profile photo
I'm using this as my email marketing platform, live chat, and scheduling platform. I'm very pleased to have all these products integrated together, along with the ability to add a knowledge base in the future. It's already been helpful to see which prospects have reached out via chat, so I can tag them and send email campaigns to them.
  • Integrating multiple marketing products (speaks for itself).
  • Live chat is a GREAT alternative to other products.
  • Their new UIX is awesome. Very intuitive and easy to navigate.
  • No improvements at this time.
Great for small to medium service-based businesses or SaaS companies. I wouldn't recommend for e-commerce companies since there are other platforms better suited for commerce needs. This is a great tool for companies that are looking for multiple marketing products they can integrate together (ex. chat, knowledge base, email marketing platform, and scheduling).
Read Christopher Page, MBA's full review
Karl Schuckert profile photo
Easy to install chat widget with many options on colors and icons. Pretty much a great app overall. You never know with newer apps if they are going to be around or if there is a lot of continued development. But the Gist team is always helpful and they keep developing and developing. That says a lot for where they are headed. I see great things and we will continue to use them. Overall, we are really happy with Gist. It suites our needs and has more features then we need. If you're reading this and you are looking for a support widget or a knowledge base with some added email automation with marketing capabilities, Gist is a great option. We use it every day in our SaaS App.
  • Support Chat Widget and help desk
  • Knowledge Base with SEO capabilities
  • Support app for on the go
  • Early on they had some issues with email deliverability but that seems to have been fixed
  • As a new app, it had much development to catch up in the space. However, they have done a lot of catching up at this point.
Ecom, SaaS and any online business where you want to host live chat.
Read Karl Schuckert's full review
Bruno Winck profile photo
I picked Gist because it was a match between a need and an opportunity. As a software company, there is always the temptation to fix everything ourselves. I bought Gist (I guess I was among the very first adopters) to have an all-in-one solution to most problems faced by a company with an online presence. Chat, FAQ, forms, Llst of contacts, mailings, etc. So far, I'm very happy with it. It exceeds my expectations.
  • The chatbot widget has been active for over a year now. Visitors use it routinely to leave a message, ask a question. It's great to be ahead of trends for so little work on our side.
  • We use the forms from Gist to collect emails and get feedback.
  • Live views, seeing who is visiting your site right now is very promising. My first usage would be to see how people navigate around after a contact.
  • I wish the chatbot widget could be more customizable. On the flip side, it's easy to setup.
I did recommend it several times. I think it's a no-brainer for startups or small businesses with an online presence. This is especially true for WordPress-based sites. They have integration with apps like Zoom which could be interesting for Sales or Consulting. For my case, what interests me is that they have an API. We can have scripts to get the data or add details. Everything else is way more expensive and more complex to setup.
Read Bruno Winck's full review
Argzon Haziraj profile photo
As Gist is the all-in-one platform for marketing it does a lot of things for my company. Giving me a few pieces of information and having the possibility to live chat with users and solving my client's problems is a very positive thing for my company for reputation also on the financial side.
  • Scheduling
  • Great Dashboard
  • Knowledge Base
  • Late reply on support
As I mentioned before, Gist works very well in live chat and scheduling a meeting. Also, email marketing is very good. Some things I would like to add or change giving more information on the live chat like some articles from Knowledge Base like F.A.Q because users that tend to chat with an agent live are requiring more information about the service or product.
Read Argzon Haziraj's full review
Laszlo Csukas profile photo
We are using it as an all in one marketing communication package. The advanced email automation (that just got a new function of graphical campaign builder) is very handy. Also, my subscription includes a live chat and a chatbot and both works well with my sites. Also, we are using the knowledge base as an internal knowledge sharing tool. It's a good alternative for other Saas solutions.
  • The email marketing is for our email communication.
  • The marketing automation tool is very useful for campaigns.
  • The live chat is for lead generation.
  • It's very complex so it's takes a little time until we can use it in full glory.
  • We experienced a few mail delivery issues but it's already fixed.
  • However, the interface is looks good but sometimes it's hard to find a particular feature.
It definitely works for email marketing campaigns with automation and emails. These are the basic features and if you are looking for good service, then it's a great tool. If you're only looking for knowledge base software, then this service is a bit overkill.
Read Laszlo Csukas's full review
Andie Suggs profile photo
Great tool for managing contacts and much more. In-app messaging system with calendar integration for scheduling meetings makes setting up calls a breeze. We can also directly send knowledge base articles from within the messenger. Ability to tag/assign tickets/conversations to other teammates so there's no need to use supplemental tools for task assignments. Tracks user activity and provides real-time data!
  • In-app messaging to users and to team members.
  • Integration with calendar for scheduling meetings with users.
  • Tagging/assigning tickets/conversations to team members for easier collaboration.
  • Ability to merge conversations.
The perfect tool to use for customer support and internal communication.
Read Andie Suggs's full review
Jorge Diaz profile photo
My complete organization uses Gist. It addresses the problem of having an essential tool for communicating with customers—giving them support but also selling to them. All users can be marketed to very integrally with Gist. We capture user data and we can create email marketing campaigns to them and also give them support all in the same tool.
  • LIve Chat
  • Bot Implementation for Gathering Leads
  • Integration with WordPress
  • Integration with WordPress Membership Site Plugins
  • Better UI for Writing Emails
Gist is well suited for a big range of business types. If you have a service business, e-commerce, software as a service, or membership site/info product business, Gist is very good to manage all your business. support and marketing will be handled at an affordable price. You will be generating sales from Gist, because of their email marketing module. It's not suitable if you are a solo-preneur. Gist shines when you have a team, but even if you use it without a team you can only use the email marketing and bot module.
Read Jorge Diaz's full review

About Gist

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform that helps organizations engage and lead their audience through the entire journey from website visitor to happy customer.

The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is an affordable product on the market that ties live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more into one easy-to-use tool.