Gist Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Tristin Roney profile photo
We use it for chat support, email marketing, marketing automation, and all of our customer relationship needs. It's a wonderful tool for simplifying our tech stack. Right now we only use it for one of our websites, which is an eComm site. It has been an extremely effective tool for improving customer relations and increasing conversions. We are planning to roll it out to several other websites in the near future.
  • Gist provides endless ways of interacting with customers. I can chat and email with them, track their usage on my site, qualify them, add tags and other profile information, and so much more.
  • There is even an awesome live view that lets me spy on visitors to see how they're using the site.
  • The tools are powerful, easy to use, and constantly getting improvements. It seems like every week there is another update being rolled out that substantially extends the functionality or usability of the features in Gist.
  • Plan limits can be confusing. For example, there is a monthly charge for support and a monthly charge for "growth," plus there's a separate charge depending on how many contacts and seats you have. Perhaps this is normal in the industry, but it can make it a little challenging to understand the bill every month.
  • The vast amount of features means development will never be as fast as you'd like it to be (even though they release updates all the time). This may not actually be a valid concern, and it certainly isn't unique to Gist (who doesn't have a wishlist they're waiting on their favorite SaaS to get to?), but I do believe the likelihood of being stuck without your desired feature being developed goes up a lot as the product gets bigger and bigger.
  • Email deliverability has been less than perfect in the past, but it has improved drastically in the last year.
Gist is an excellent tool for teams looking to provide all-in-one customer support and marketing under the same umbrella product. Having everything in the same platform makes integration a breeze and saves hours per week on managing leads and customers. It may not be ideal for a large company that has many diverse needs that would require a bespoke solution.
Read Tristin Roney's full review
Douglas McFarlane profile photo
October 31, 2019

Gist in time!

We use Gist to provide an immediate response to clients visiting our website. This allows us to be quick to respond to our important customers and therefore keep their interest and show that we are keen to provide the information they need to purchase our products.
  • They continue to change and improve their offering.
  • The customization options are extensive allowing tailoring to suit your needs.
  • The site integrates well and very easily with your own environments.
  • They provide a great web app to chat on the move.
  • I can't identify any as they are constantly changing and improving.
I'd recommend using Gist if you are interested in customer retention and responding to clients quickly. They may well visit another site within the next few minutes if they can't get their questions answered, so this will help to secure business. It also provides a helpful reminder to clients that your customer is only a few clicks away from communicating directly with an expert.
Read Douglas McFarlane's full review
Paul Hancock profile photo
Our current primary use is the interactive website chat which alerts our team on through the Gist app when someone is on our site and triggered our customized rules. This allows us to engage potential clients quickly which has increased conversions substantially. We are currently building out our knowledge base through Gist and we will be getting back into email campaigns very soon. Gist is used across our organization.
  • Customer engagement through chat and chat rules which alerts our team with the Gist App. This was extremely simple and quick to get up and running and has already paid for itself.
  • Tracks user engagement with your website and allows us to understand website user behavior. It also logs all chat conversations
  • The email campaign has been useful and easy to setup. It hasn’t been our primary use yet as we are still list building. The credit allocation is a better value for us than mail chimp allowing us to reach more people for less cost.
  • The knowledge base was a nice addition in the last update.
  • Gist could improve on its customization for pop-ups and front end so that integration into your website is more seamless.
  • The workflows are useful but are a bit of a learning curve, thankfully support is great and happy to help.
Gist has helped us to replace 3 separate software services for much less than we were paying before. If you're running a WP website, their plugin makes integration easy and their app means I can assign someone to cover customer engagement around the clock. Our services are very bespoke so engaging with customers quickly and effectively is really important for us. As a smaller business, it is really important to have software that works well and is simple to use, we find Gist meats that criteria for us.
Read Paul Hancock's full review
Vitali Kosyrau profile photo
Live chat, ticketing and knowledge base all in one. We use it on the website of the company to communicate with visitors and customers. Convenient chatbot to capture new leads. I really like the update of the product and its new chips: Live View, Message Sneak Peek, AutoCapture and Zoom integration. Many integrations with other services.
  • Event Tracking
  • Chatbot
  • Need web hook for standard plan
  • Need UTM parameters tracking
  • Need email constructor
This product is perfect for your site to communicate with visitors and customers of your company. Integrated email marketing is a very cool thing that keeps you in touch with your customers. A cool chatbot contributor that makes it easy to qualify new leads. Many integrations with other services.
Read Vitali Kosyrau's full review
Tibor Olgers profile photo
Since we made the switch from Convertkit to Gist, we got several messages from leads and customers who were amazed by the personalized and well-timed communication they received from us. All automated without a single line of code. We are more relevant than ever for our leads, and sales have increased significantly. Really happy with this solution, and the great team behind it.
  • All in one solution.
  • Event tracking (and automated follow up) without code.
  • Automated workflows.
  • Faster updates.
  • More customization options for the opt-in forms.
If you're looking for a very good all-in-one solution for a fair price, Gist is the way to go. If you're just looking for one specific element, email automation, for example, you're better off with one of their competitors.
Read Tibor Olgers's full review
Craige Hardel profile photo
We're using it as our autoresponder for leads who opt-in for our lead magnet. Also, we use the scheduling feature to book meetings. It helps with lead capture and also having multiple tools for one price.
  • Really good live chat. It's easy to pass tickets to a team member and also handle them on the fly with their app. Unlike other providers, their app works really well and is reliable.
  • Forms. They're awesome, and the design options are way better than even more seasoned alternatives. The timing and flexibility of design is a plus.
  • Booking: it's basically calendly in there, and a must for any serious business owner. Their custom meeting links help make my calendar even more useful.
  • Livechat: it's easy to use and to manage agents.
  • Workflows. The feature works, but the UX can take some work.
  • Automations/ trigger actions UX -- they work well, but the UX could be made easier.
  • More email templates.
Suited if you want to run a website with a small team of VAs or inhouse employees. You can provide support, run your email marketing, and you can send from multiple domains. Their integrations aren't as vast as you'd expect, but they're adding quickly.
Read Craige Hardel's full review
Abe Challah profile photo
I am subscribed to the highest tier of Gist, so I am taking the full advantage of the platform. I use it for lead capture, customer support, live chat, and email marketing. I was able to customize the chat widget to match my site's branding and the whole experience is very smooth. We are a software development house and we test software very thoroughly, we decided on Gist because it combines email marketing, live chat, and customer support tools so we don't have to pay for them separately. Not to mention that their support is great. We use it in our marketing department but everyone in my company uses it because our policy is that everyone in the company is responsible for support. I have recommended Gist to some of my friends and they also started to use it in their businesses.
  • Live Chat. We use it for customer support by installing a chat widget on all our websites and landing pages.
  • Email Marketing. It's a full autoresponder. You can capture leads with landing pages and forms and trigger email sequences after they opt-in.
  • Knowledge Base. It helps us find answers for our customers much faster.
  • Mobile app. It helps us keep an eye on all support issues and handle customer support while on the go.
  • Their email marketing features are still not where I would like them to be but they are improving all the time.
I've come to depend on the live chat feature so much that I cannot run my business without it. The mobile app makes my dream of running my business remotely a reality. Two months ago I was on the Swiss Alps and got a message from a potential client, I was able to close the customer while spending the day on the mountain top. Not to mention that the knowledge base makes supporting customers on the go a breeze. If you have a customer-facing landing page then you need Gist. It is not meant to be used as an email marketing suite at the moment but it does the customer support job extremely well.
Read Abe Challah's full review
Yamin Ismail profile photo
September 05, 2019

Great all-in-one tool

We use Gist for day to day support with clients and website visitors. We utilize this all-in-one marketing automation software on 3 of our websites tackling anything from websites issues to lead generation and answering product related questions. We also use it to communicate and interact with users on a regular basis.
  • Awesome online support team.
  • Wordpress integration.
  • Excellent knowledge base functionality.
  • Improve the email editor. The text sometimes has different text size proportions (links).
Gist is a perfect all-in-one marketing tool with great ease of use that will be very favourable for any company wanting to offer support via website. The chatbot and knowledgebase tools are very useful for my services.
Read Yamin Ismail's full review
Milo Meed profile photo
Gist is being used by our company for chat service on our website, booking demos, and email marketing. Gist is used across the board and allows us to communicate with website visitors and the team all on one platform. The problem that Gist solves is not having to use multiple programs to communicate with customers and teams. Gist is only getting better, and as it grows we are able to cancel other programs.
  • Chat on the Gist platform is amazing and super easy to install on my website with just a little code in the header.
  • Chat notifications are on point and the live view makes things even better. You're able to view visitors on your website without chat.
  • Workspace is amazing and makes setting up your marketing emails easy.
  • Pre-design email templates.
  • Quick tip videos built in the dashboard to help you when starting a new project. I would love to say to my team, "Follow the instructions on Gist to setup."
Gist is great for chat on your website and as a knowledge base. Gist could be a little too much for an individual selling online. Someone wanting to send out a quick promotional email or without the pre-built emails might need another system. I know the team at Gist will catch up with more predesign forms and emails.
Read Milo Meed's full review
Oliver Braithwaite profile photo
August 24, 2019

Gist is a rising star

We use Gist to fulfill our lead magnet delivery and drip feed email sequences. We also use Gist for logged in users as part of our support stack. The chat, bot, and knowledgebase features are very useful and Gist integrates with many other platforms very nicely. It's a huge benefit to be able to trigger emails or open website chat instances based on user behavior, all from one central place where our user data is stored. Gist is the user communications hub of our business.
  • Website chat.
  • Automation triggers (email, chat popup, bot).
  • Integrating email sending capability with chat support.
  • Lightbox popups need to allow images to be loaded.
  • Some bugs still need to be ironed out in the email builder.
  • Could do with more documentation around strategies and use cases showing good ways to integrate the many features of the platform.
Gist is well suited for small to medium-sized businesses who want a complete solution at a great price. At this stage, enterprises will likely prefer to pay a premium for a more mature platform.
Read Oliver Braithwaite's full review
Christopher Page, MBA profile photo
I'm using this as my email marketing platform, live chat, and scheduling platform. I'm very pleased to have all these products integrated together, along with the ability to add a knowledge base in the future. It's already been helpful to see which prospects have reached out via chat, so I can tag them and send email campaigns to them.
  • Integrating multiple marketing products (speaks for itself).
  • Live chat is a GREAT alternative to other products.
  • Their new UIX is awesome. Very intuitive and easy to navigate.
  • No improvements at this time.
Great for small to medium service-based businesses or SaaS companies. I wouldn't recommend for e-commerce companies since there are other platforms better suited for commerce needs. This is a great tool for companies that are looking for multiple marketing products they can integrate together (ex. chat, knowledge base, email marketing platform, and scheduling).
Read Christopher Page, MBA's full review
Karl Schuckert profile photo
Easy to install chat widget with many options on colors and icons. Pretty much a great app overall. You never know with newer apps if they are going to be around or if there is a lot of continued development. But the Gist team is always helpful and they keep developing and developing. That says a lot for where they are headed. I see great things and we will continue to use them. Overall, we are really happy with Gist. It suites our needs and has more features then we need. If you're reading this and you are looking for a support widget or a knowledge base with some added email automation with marketing capabilities, Gist is a great option. We use it every day in our SaaS App.
  • Support Chat Widget and help desk
  • Knowledge Base with SEO capabilities
  • Support app for on the go
  • Early on they had some issues with email deliverability but that seems to have been fixed
  • As a new app, it had much development to catch up in the space. However, they have done a lot of catching up at this point.
Ecom, SaaS and any online business where you want to host live chat.
Read Karl Schuckert's full review
Bruno Winck profile photo
I picked Gist because it was a match between a need and an opportunity. As a software company, there is always the temptation to fix everything ourselves. I bought Gist (I guess I was among the very first adopters) to have an all-in-one solution to most problems faced by a company with an online presence. Chat, FAQ, forms, Llst of contacts, mailings, etc. So far, I'm very happy with it. It exceeds my expectations.
  • The chatbot widget has been active for over a year now. Visitors use it routinely to leave a message, ask a question. It's great to be ahead of trends for so little work on our side.
  • We use the forms from Gist to collect emails and get feedback.
  • Live views, seeing who is visiting your site right now is very promising. My first usage would be to see how people navigate around after a contact.
  • I wish the chatbot widget could be more customizable. On the flip side, it's easy to setup.
I did recommend it several times. I think it's a no-brainer for startups or small businesses with an online presence. This is especially true for WordPress-based sites. They have integration with apps like Zoom which could be interesting for Sales or Consulting. For my case, what interests me is that they have an API. We can have scripts to get the data or add details. Everything else is way more expensive and more complex to setup.
Read Bruno Winck's full review
Argzon Haziraj profile photo
As Gist is the all-in-one platform for marketing it does a lot of things for my company. Giving me a few pieces of information and having the possibility to live chat with users and solving my client's problems is a very positive thing for my company for reputation also on the financial side.
  • Live Chat
  • Scheduling
  • Great Dashboard
  • Knowledge Base
  • Late reply on support
As I mentioned before, Gist works very well in live chat and scheduling a meeting. Also, email marketing is very good. Some things I would like to add or change giving more information on the live chat like some articles from Knowledge Base like F.A.Q because users that tend to chat with an agent live are requiring more information about the service or product.
Read Argzon Haziraj's full review
Laszlo Csukas profile photo
We are using it as an all in one marketing communication package. The advanced email automation (that just got a new function of graphical campaign builder) is very handy. Also, my subscription includes a live chat and a chatbot and both works well with my sites. Also, we are using the knowledge base as an internal knowledge sharing tool. It's a good alternative for other Saas solutions.
  • The email marketing is for our email communication.
  • The marketing automation tool is very useful for campaigns.
  • The live chat is for lead generation.
  • It's very complex so it's takes a little time until we can use it in full glory.
  • We experienced a few mail delivery issues but it's already fixed.
  • However, the interface is looks good but sometimes it's hard to find a particular feature.
It definitely works for email marketing campaigns with automation and emails. These are the basic features and if you are looking for good service, then it's a great tool. If you're only looking for knowledge base software, then this service is a bit overkill.
Read Laszlo Csukas's full review
Andie Suggs profile photo
Great tool for managing contacts and much more. In-app messaging system with calendar integration for scheduling meetings makes setting up calls a breeze. We can also directly send knowledge base articles from within the messenger. Ability to tag/assign tickets/conversations to other teammates so there's no need to use supplemental tools for task assignments. Tracks user activity and provides real-time data!
  • In-app messaging to users and to team members.
  • Integration with calendar for scheduling meetings with users.
  • Tagging/assigning tickets/conversations to team members for easier collaboration.
  • Ability to merge conversations.
The perfect tool to use for customer support and internal communication.
Read Andie Suggs's full review
Jorge Diaz profile photo
My complete organization uses Gist. It addresses the problem of having an essential tool for communicating with customers—giving them support but also selling to them. All users can be marketed to very integrally with Gist. We capture user data and we can create email marketing campaigns to them and also give them support all in the same tool.
  • LIve Chat
  • Bot Implementation for Gathering Leads
  • Integration with WordPress
  • Integration with WordPress Membership Site Plugins
  • Better UI for Writing Emails
Gist is well suited for a big range of business types. If you have a service business, e-commerce, software as a service, or membership site/info product business, Gist is very good to manage all your business. support and marketing will be handled at an affordable price. You will be generating sales from Gist, because of their email marketing module. It's not suitable if you are a solo-preneur. Gist shines when you have a team, but even if you use it without a team you can only use the email marketing and bot module.
Read Jorge Diaz's full review
Arpad Szucs profile photo
Our main use of Gist is for customer support via the Live Chat functionality on our corporate website. This was the strongest selling point when they released the service and still is the main reason we use it. It also functions as a lightweight CRM and has many lead generation tools.
  • LiveChat is great, it even supports many languages, which is very handy if you're website visitors are not native English speakers.
  • The CRM module offers basic information about your visitors, which helps in crafting your audience segmentation.
  • It has integrated email campaigns. This wasn't extensively tested by us, but it'll be perfect for a mid-sized audience with just a few thousand subscribers.
  • Email editor could use some improvements.
  • Would be nice to have a more robust CRM module.
It's a great platform. We have been using Gist for customer support for about a year now. This is the first chat app we tried and works well so far. It has numerous handy features, like email automation, chatbots, live event tracker, knowledgebase, behavioral email marketing, and even drip campaigns, and so on. Gist's feature list is growing very fast, they seem to listen to their customers very well!
Read Arpad Szucs's full review
Aleksandar Novkovski profile photo
We use Gist all across the organization. In fact, that's how Gist promotes itself, as "your all-in-one" solution. From organizing leads and customers to communicating with new leads and just simply tracking their interest with website actions. That can be it's the biggest strength, but it also influences some of its very very minor flaws or disadvantages.
  • LiveChat Management.
  • Segmenting Contacts.
  • Knowledge-base.
  • Journey (Workflow) Builder Flexibility.
  • Custom Field Flexibility (naming conventions).
  • Journey (Workflow) Builder Features.
It just depends on the business model and how you do things. I can see some scenarios where Gist will be amazing to someone and make them go "wow, this is everything you need", but also scenarios where they will go "hmm, but this missing feature here makes it unusable or impractical for us".
Read Aleksandar Novkovski's full review
Vinson Lozano profile photo
We used Gist for customer support mainly for answering live chat. We are using different communication channels in our website such as contact form, callback widget and live chat. We found out that live chat is the most effective for our website visitors.
  • We love how Gist allows you to create a team who will answer website visitors' enquiries.
  • We also like how you can set chatbots that can help outside office working hours.
  • We are also happy that Gist integrates with Zapier and other SaaS platforms to streamline our business processes.
  • Lead capture forms needs a powerful editor as it is very basic right now, not using it either.
  • Their event tracking is also hard to understand and you need programming skills to implement it. Hope they can provide a detailed examples of use cases for this feature.
  • Hoping that they can integrate with other booking software for their meeting feature as I don't want to use their current sets of integration.
If you are seeing a lot of website traffic but didn't get any inquiries via phone calls or email, then I strongly suggest that you install Gist livechat and from there you can utilize their other marketing features such as email marketing, knowledge-base, etc.
Read Vinson Lozano's full review
Bret Carmichael profile photo
We use Gist to provide support to and deliver communication to owners in our community. It eliminates our reliance on email as a support tool, where fowl-ups could me missed and conversations could get crossed. It also allows us to intake support from Facebook Messenger.
  • Website chat is pretty instantaneous. We can direct users to a resource immediately, or keep the ticket. Gist will deliver communications to the customer's email and their browser.
  • Emails look nice, and you can design your own, if that's your preference. List segmentation is easy with tags.
  • The widgets JavaScript doesn't slow-down page load.
  • You can configure Gist to match your branding.
  • The email editor renders some of the headings in incorrect proportions. H2 looks bigger than H1. When delivered, emails look fine.
  • One account can have multiple projects, but a single identity persists across all projects. So, you can't use different email domains for each project. You need multiple accounts. That's okay, but the iOS app doesn't support multi-account login.
  • I'd like the ability to design my own chat bot avatar.
Gist is great for tracking custom support, but if you have complex workflows, it's not for you. It's open, pending, and closed; making is less useful for an enterprise help desk. That's just not the functional intent of the product. It's more of a marketing and communications platform.
Read Bret Carmichael's full review
Mohd Saquib profile photo
We have been using Gist for about 2 years now. We use Gist for customer support. It has helped me and our organization to be in constant touch with our website visitors and our customers which was not possible earlier. Now I can answer user queries almost instantly and 24/7 through their web and mobile app.
  • Gist is a one spot solution for your business.
  • It has all the tools that you would require for managing your business and your users in one place like live chat, email marketing, lead capturing, etc.
  • For this price, you can't get anything comparable to it.
  • There are no "cons" really of using Gist in particular but there is always a room for improvement in any product.
  • According to me, the overall ease of use/UX can be improved.
  • Some more new features can be added.
Gist is best suited for lead capturing through triggers and for email marketing through various campaigns and broadcasts, etc. It is also a tremendous tool to be in constant touch with your website users and visitors so you can resolve their queries and doubts instantly and anytime 24/7. It also integrates well with other tools.
Read Mohd Saquib's full review
Leonardo Wolff profile photo
We use GIST for most of our marketing automation needs and customer interaction. It's also very good for behavioral retargeting and to develop a knowledge base that can be used by customers. The messenger feature is also very powerful, and you can use it to nudge users in the appropriate pages. We really like this tool.
  • Email automation.
  • Site automation.
  • Bots.
  • Large knowledge-base.
  • They could implement the visual workflow builder for emails.
  • Improved the email design within the editor.
  • Allow LTD users to use workflows.
Pros:

We started to use Gist a couple of years ago when they used to be called ConvertFox. When they started the tool it was possible to notice some hiccups, but the team started to upgrade it, and release a lot of new features. Today, Gist is a super powerful tool, with things like:

Email automation.
Large knowledge base.
Bots.
Site automation.
Powerful automation based on visitor action.
Broadcasts, drip campaigns, behavioral email marketing and way more.

The email deliverability rates now are also pretty high and are our go-to tool for our main website.

Get it, worth every dollar!
Read Leonardo Wolff's full review
Marc Rowen profile photo
We use Gist for sales and customer service.
  • Allows us to be better connected with customers.
  • Gives customers multiple options to contact us.
  • Gist is available on multiple platforms.
  • When responding via email, we would like our normal email signatures to be detected and removed.
We use it so customers have a choice of how to contact us, so we think it's well suited for any customer-initiated interaction.
Read Marc Rowen's full review
Vibhor Sharma profile photo
Gist is being used at the organization as a whole. We are using gist as a one-stop solution to manage all our customer service related needs, planning tasks and communicating internally.
  • Integrations
  • Live chat is seamless.
  • Knowledge-base.
  • UI
  • May be integrating video calls :)
  • Ticketing desk.
  • More tools for marketing AI.
Gist is appropriate for any scenario where live interaction is happening or required. It is not yet suited for a ticket-based help desk environment IMO. If that gets integrated it'll be a supernova of all software tools out there.
Read Vibhor Sharma's full review

About Gist

Gist is a unified marketing, sales, and support platform that helps organizations engage and lead their audience through the entire journey from website visitor to happy customer.

The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is an affordable product on the market that ties live chat, a help desk, knowledge base, email marketing, marketing automation, opt-in forms, and more into one easy-to-use tool.