A Great and Simple Platform
August 28, 2019
A Great and Simple Platform
Supervisor, Audiovisual Operations
National GeographicInformation Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with GoToMeeting
GoToMeeting is a platform that we use as a webinar platform. The chat options, the Q&W options, screen share options, ability to share handouts, etc. are all great. It is also a fairly easy platform to use with both mobile and computer apps. For our particular use, we are often invited to join a GoToMeeting webinar or event. The option to use or join the platform is available to the entire organization. It helps solve the screen sharing and video conference needs while allowing the instructors to have complete control over the webinar/session.
- Easy to use and setup. The install of the apps (either on mobile or computer) is relatively quick and easy. Once installed, the simple click to join a meeting could not be easier.
- The audio on a GoToMeeting is great! Audio is clear. You also have the option of using your device's audio or joining from a phone line. This flexibility allows for convenience.
- The features of GoToMeeting, screen sharing, chat, Q&A, etc., are among the best. Icons on the platform indicate what that option is and it could not be any easier.
- If there is an option to join a GoToMeeting without having to download an app, that would be great. Some users may not have the admin rights to install apps. If joining from a web-based browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) is an option, that would be great and convenient.
- Not a big deal, but it would be great is having a live transcript for those who have audio problems would be great. If a transcript/caption was offered in realtime, that could also help ADA attendees with hearing issues.
- GoToMeeting helps to reduce costs for having on-site training. These costs may include, travel, hotel, and food expenses.
- GoToMeeting is also on par with other platforms, perhaps on a more budgeted scale (inexpensive option).
- GoToMeeting is an easy to use platform that makes it simple for both internal and external users to join and participate.
GoToMeeting is a great, simple, easy, platform. Overall usability could not be easier yet still professional. The features are fairly simple. For someone who has never used the platform, the interface is easy to navigate. Thinking of similar platforms, this one is among the easiest. The one downside is it does require users to download the app to install.
I would believe the support is great. Unfortunately (and fortunately), I do not recall ever needing to contact the support team. This is a great indication of the usefulness and ease of the platform. I would imagine the GoToMeeting/LogMeIn team would be highly supportive and provide great insight into any issues that may arise.
GoToMeeting is on par with these other platforms. There are pros and cons to each. The main difference is what users prefer to use based on the features and type of meeting available. For example, some companies have conference rooms that are built with Zoom or Hangouts equipment. Others may have agnostic platforms that may join any type of meetings. Other use cases may include whether the platform may integrate with other systems such as Outlook/Google Calendar systems or share directly to YouTube live.
GoToMeeting is well suited for webinars where there is one main lead trainer/teacher. The main lead can navigate the session, opening up the webinar to questions from attendees and keep the session moving. GoToMeeting may not be suited for sessions or training that require in-person/hands-on experience. It also may not be suited for those meetings that require multiple presenters to switch out presentations.
GoTo Meeting Feature Ratings
High quality audio
High quality video
Low bandwidth requirements
Integrates with social media
Record meetings / events
Participant roles & permissions
Confidential attendee list
200 - Various business across different departments. This may include legal, education, IT, finance, etc.
We do not have in house GoToMeeting direct support. However, the IT team (40+ people) may help solve any technical issues. Fortunately, we have not had any major GoToMeeting issues with the platform or with meetings.
Evaluating GoToMeeting and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
GoToMeeting has been a reliable platform. The interface does not change (at least not significantly). The features are consistent and only change for the better. There are a number of factors that contribute to the continued use of this platform. Ease of use and consistency are among the top factors.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using