Easy to use, effective video conferencing software
Che Odom | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Easy to use, effective video conferencing software

Overall Satisfaction with GoToMeeting

The entire organization uses GoToMeeting as one of two or three conference options that we keep available. It enables us to very easily set up conference calls with video and screen sharing capabilities. It typically works very easily and allows good collaboration to occur. It works particularly well for internal organizational meetings between different office locations. While it can include outside users as well, we get less of the video participation on outside users' ends.
  • Screensharing.
  • Tracking attendees.
  • Would like an easier way to record meetings.
  • Easier document sharing/collaboration.
  • Budget - It costs a lot less now that we can have face-to-face collaboration without travel.
  • Scheduling - It is easy to schedule these meetings and get them started quickly, as well as not have to coordinate with travel requirements.
I like GoToMeeting better than Teams, because Teams doesn't automatically integrate conference calling (telephonically) for those who are external to your organization and who might not use Teams. I like it similarly to Zoom and really don't have a preference of one over the other. I like Slack better for internal collaborative efforts and quick communication without having to set up a call.
We are able to do a lot more with a lot less money spent. There is no travel, no lag in information sharing, and no heavy coordination. The ease with which we can set up meetings that clients require at the touch of a button is priceless. My only gripe is the limited number of sessions - one per organizer - so if I log in and set up a meeting and forget and setup another that is recurring at the same time, we can't start both meetings, and one will automatically be shut down, which stinks because that means you can't have one meeting coordinator with one login.
We have never required any IT help with the software, which is huge.
I like GoToMeeting for video conferencing and conference calls. I like it for screen sharing as well, but not necessarily collaboration. I think it works really well within an organization with multiple offices or job sites and if set-up well, video conferencing in these instances is particularly easy. Getting video conferencing from external users has been a challenge, and most just call in, even though there are digital audio and video obviously available. This may be a simple end-user preference on their end, however. We just really find that internal meetings where we can look face to face with folks in another location make working together much more smooth.

GoToMeeting Feature Ratings