Overall Satisfaction with GoToWebinar
The GoToWebinar software has in-built coaching/help tools. Our users generally don't have the time or inclination to read software manuals or attend training to learn new software and with GoToMeeting they don't really need to.
The Wilmette Institute uses GoToWebinar for its monthly public Web Talks. Our staff are scattered across the United States, and sometimes guest speakers, and webinar attendees, are outside the US, so it is important for us to have a platform that is stable and easy to use. We also use GoToWebinar (and GoToMeeting) for staff meetings and course webinars. Recently, we have begun to record course lectures using GoToWebinar as well.
- I think GoToWebinar is easy to use. When starting a session, it provides prompts to remind you what settings may need to be adjusted (webcam, microphone, etc.).
- I particularly like the Audience View option. It's easy to forget something - that button makes me rest assured I am doing it right.
- The pre- and post-marketing features are also extremely helpful. Our webinar attendees have often said they might not have remembered to attend a webinar if they hadn't received a timely reminder.
- I was quite confused about recording sessions on the computer. There is help on the website, but I think more short, instructional videos with screenshots would be very helpful.
- It would be helpful if the recording settings could be changed within the session, as opposed to having to go to the account settings.
We preferred the GoToWebinar interface over WizIQ. GoToWebinar controls are simple and intuitive. Our teaching staff are scattered around the globe, so we have to have a platform that is super easy to use. We don't have resources for a lot of face-to-face training. We haven't used all of GoToWebinar's marketing features but hope to explore that some more in the coming year.
We prefer to use GoToMeeting for staff meetings and course meetings. The setup is a little easier as we don't need the same marketing elements for a 'closed' meeting as we do for public events.