Overall Satisfaction with Hootsuite Enterprise
MailChimp uses Hootsuite to manage our various social media accounts/profiles. We have a Social Support department that uses the app to monitor and respond to folks that have questions or comments. It's been great for making it easy to have a team that manages things, and for tracking the work that each team member does.
- Hootsuite has been a valuable tool for enabling multiple members of the team to work efficiently and comfortably since each login profile can set their dashboard up as they wish. That's something that we haven't had before and makes things much easier for each one of our team members.
- Since there are multiple logins Hootsuite makes it much easier to keep track of what team member is managing what conversation. It allows us to make sure that all of the incoming questions are answered and that no one person gets too overloaded. It also makes it easy to assign things to some other departments that are set up to respond/monitor specific posts as well.
- Hootsuite offers many opportunities to learn! There are webinars that pop up often and Hootsuite University is full of handy modules that can help make life easier for our Social Support team. We're much better off for having those opportunities to increase our own knowledge!
- We'd love for Hootsuite to have a few more reporting options tied to the activity of each login. Some form of reporting that includes specific responses tied to each user would be fantastic. Also would love to see a report that covers ALL tags, without having to manually choose each one.
- It can at times be cumbersome when bots make a ton of tweets that flood our Twitter feed. It would be great to be able to filter out keywords or Tweets from specific handles, as that could help us ensure we aren't missing anything important!
- The workflow tied to commenting on some Facebook posts -- generally when they are not posted directly to the MailChimp FB page -- can be kind of confusing and a little hard to do. We'd love to see that be more straightforward, and I know that Hootsuite has their developers looking into it already!
- On a positive note, Hootsuite certainly does contribute to each Social Specialist on the team having increased efficiency. All of the folks enjoy having more control over how their dashboards are set up.
- Another positive impact is reflected by the built in learning tools available. That's a big plus for us, as we always want to increase our knowledge of our tools and also the Social Support Landscape overall.
- Overall, the ability for our team to easily see what they are working on and know who is owning what makes us work as a more well-oiled machine. That efficiency leads to better output and more educated users on social.
It's still somewhat early on, but we've been pretty happy with Hootsuite overall. We do think there are some ways that it could be improved based on our own experience and workflows, but that may not serve the greater good for all of their users. The impact on our daily operations has been positive, which is exactly what we were looking for at the outset.
Hootsuite is great when there is a team or group that all needs access to the social platforms but would like to have their own various dashboards. It's also useful when used for measuring the impact of social posts that are outgoing. Hootsuite would seem to not be as useful when there is a single person doing all of the posting.