HootSuite Review -
Updated November 04, 2014
HootSuite Review -
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Hootsuite Pro
We use it in various capacities - as the Marketing Manager, I handle all internal marketing for the company, so I use Hootsuite to manage our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ Accounts. Various other members of our company also use Hootsuite to manage social media for clients. Hootsuite is helpful for us so that we can set aside a certain amount of time a week to plan and schedule our social media ahead of time.
- You can very easily tailor Hootsuite to your specific needs. You can set up specific Streams to show what you're going to be using most often, like Twitter Stream, any mentions from your Twitter, new Followers, etc.
- Based on the streams that you choose to set up, Hootsuite can help you remain extremely organized - you are able to see everything you need on one page, and can get a great snapshot of everything going on on your social networks with one glance.
- HootSuite Pro definitely has some restrictions regarding Analytics - there is very little insight that you can gain unless you have HootSuite Enterprise, and even then data is somewhat limited. While you can get Analytics via the specific social media channels themselves, it would be helpful for even some very basic data to become a little more robust.
- Sometimes certain aspects within HootSuite don't function at 100%. For example, sometimes when trying to imbed pictures in a Facebook post, certain options won't come up and you have to post directly within Facebook to choose the picture you want.
- HootSuite certainly makes social media management much more scalable, a must for any business looking to build their brand (even if they're B2B, like us.) While many people discredit the use of social media, it is important to maintain a presence as an expert in your field, and HootSuite allows us to do this without having to spend all day on social media.
It may depend on what kind of topics you wish to post on social media - if you're focusing on breaking news and things that are very time sensitive, HootSuite might not be for you. If you want to push out content (whether it's interesting things you've found on the web, or your own blog posts) HootSuite works well for this, as it's a great way to plan out your social media calendar for the day, week, or even month.