Overall Satisfaction with Hotjar
Hotjar plays an important role within our organization to strategically understand users' patterns on our website (through heat maps and scroll maps), individual user experiences (through the video playback tool), and insight into unknown errors anywhere on the site. We are planning on making a push to use surveys to gather more qualitative data from our users in the hopes of making further improvements to the site overall as well as content we put out.
- Recording data tracking thought the heat maps and movement maps allows us to better understand whether or not our hypothesis are proven true. The fact that they also allow you to break it down into individual devices helps in making the comparison across devices so much easier - a tool other software will lack.
- User sessions allow us to better understand on a individual level what visitors are doing on each page. Targeting specific events that occurred is also possible with the API so you can understand how many users are following these events and whether or not they are behaving as you want.
- Support is fantastic. Every time I've had any questions concerning customization of other events, their response has always been quick and filled with a robust answer. Never has someone responded back seeming to lack knowledge of the software (which will sometimes happen when contacting other software support).
- It would be really interesting to see Hotjar interact with other analytic software so they have the ability to gather further data the software currently lacks. For example, having Hotjar integrate with HubSpot so pages you're editing have the heat maps generated within the page performance.
- It would be nice if there was an easy way to see heat maps or mouse movement behaviors of popups. As the only real way you can view dynamic events like this is through the session feedback.
- Would really love to see Hotjar incorporate A/B testing and some analytics along with it, I think that would really help give people the ability to get a more robust understanding of what works best on their websites for users in combination with the tools Hotjar already has.
- Gives us a base level of understanding of how our users behave so we know if people aren't as influenced by calls to action or forms and are instead acting upon other areas of the page. This helps us make decisions to change the page to help hit KPIs we've set for the business.
Hotjar offers a much more comprehensive service and more tools for a lower value than Crazy Egg. We've also found that there intuitive and easy to use interface makes the software a much more attractive option for us as it's something anyone within the organization can begun using and have a basic understanding of.
Hotjar really excels in getting an overall understanding of how pages throughout your website are understood by your [users], how the flow of your site works, and gaining feedback from your users too. If you are looking for a more analytical analysis of your website, specifically in terms of A/B tests, event tracking, etc., then Hotjar may not be the tool you are looking for.