Small Business Wonder
June 04, 2015
Small Business Wonder
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Insightly
Our business uses Insightly as a team to manage current clients and contacts, sales, tasks, shared emails and projects.
- Insightly provides a great platform to organize our participating companies. It allows us to have all of the information about each listed clearly. With the ability to link all email correspondence, contacts, notes and files to the organization.
- The task feature gives us the ability to assign tasks to team members, and create reports on what has been accomplished.
- Insightly pipelines and activity sets allow us to create simple steps that we use on a regular basis for tasks our team performs without having to continually recreate the process.
- Cannot export segments of contacts.
- Unable to change spacing of information in the description section of an opportunity.
- Cannot add pictures or formatting to email templates.
- Increased employee and task management
- Better customer service with organization capabilities
Insightly Feature Ratings
- Call center and concierge information for incoming calls
- Sales opportunity management
- Tasks for staff listed and tracked
- We use Insightly to not only manage our clients but to provide a data base for our concierge service staff when helping incoming phone calls
- Use to set up new clients
- Using canned emails to send out FAQ help to members
- Creating member profiles with emails with in the contact tab
Evaluating Insightly and Competitors
Yes - Insightly replaced features on our admin website as well as spreadsheets and calendars. Prior to using Insightly we were storing and managing information in spreadsheets, word documents and files on our computers. Insightly has allowed us to manage files and tasks all in one place with the ability of seeing at a glance the progress of tasks and projects.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Third-party Reviews
The features of the product were a determining factor. I needed a product that allowed the flexibility of adding a large amount of information (including custom fields that I could customize for our industry) about the organizations we work with. Insightly had more of the features that I needed than other similar products we tried. The ease of use and set up were much more user friendly as well.
I would talk to other businesses to see what they had tried as well as researching more online. I would also see what information was available on YouTube to see what the products offered. I did read several of the reviews about Insightly and tried out several products for a short period of time before deciding on Insightly.
Watch more videos to understand the overall usefulness of the site before beginning the implementation process.
They seem knowledgeable. The knowledge base information provided as well as the videos are quite helpful and negate the need to contact to the support staff. They have a newsletter and blog that introduces and covers the features of the site, including new features and improvements to the application. All of these tools help support the user.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - In 4 years I have contacted the support department twice. Once after an update to the website we lost information so I sent an email to support. They were very helpful and resolved the issue quickly. The other time was just a question I had when the email template features was introduced. I had a question about changing the reply email and the support staff answered my question quickly.
Insightly changed some features to the website when updating the site. One of the features limited the number of characters you could use in the description field in an organization. Prior to the update there was not a limit to the characters you could have in the field. Our organization used this field to house information we use in client support. When this update occurred we lost critical information used in our day to day operation. We contacted Insightly and they did a great job at quickly restoring the information to our site.
Very easy to use once you understand the functions. I am sure there are still features I am not using correctly or to their intended potential. But with trial and error we have learned to use the site and it works very well for us on a day to day basis.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Not well integrated
- The activity sets once set up are a real time saver
- Pipelines are a great visual reminder as to where you are with a project or task
- Attaching emails to organizations, clients and projects
- Pipelines took me a little bit to figure out how to set up in the order I wanted the steps
- Organizing tags so they are the way we need to see them took some creativity