Overall Satisfaction with Join.me
My company currently uses Join.me for client and meeting calls (and screen shares when needed). Join.me often replaces an in-person meeting which allows us to still deliver/present what is needed to the client without extending the timeline due to the difficulty of scheduling between several people.
- Join.me offers several dial-in locations.
- Join.me screen sharing allows you to transfer the presenter role.
- Join.me is easy to schedule and the Chrome extension is great if you are the only one using the account.
- The only way to pass the presenter role is for all parties to have the join.me app downloaded. That isn't always very realistic.
- I have had several calls where the sound quality is not very good and the call will randomly end.
- If you have several people logging into the same account (which you probably shouldn't) then the Chrome extension is a terrible idea. I have experienced double-booked meetings before.
- Join.me is a relatively inexpensive call-in and screen share service.
- I have been on several calls where the audio goes out and we end up missing parts of the meeting.
- I have had clients specifically ask that we don't use join.me because of the spotty audio.
- Zoom, Google Hangouts and GoToMeeting
Join.me is by far the more affordable option but is definitely inferior to Zoom, Google Hangouts, and GoToMeeting. Zoom will give you manuscripts from your call, Google Hangouts (or Meets) allows anyone to screen share easily, and GoToMeeting is the happy medium between Zoom and Join.me. However, depending on the size of your team and your needs Zoom, Google Hangouts, and GoToMeeting are significantly more expensive.
I honestly haven't reached out to their Support team. I get notifications of what they are working on which is good to see, but I haven't directly spoken with any of them. I think my main reason for this is that join.me gives me just what I need (not much more and not much less).
Do you think Join.me (discontinued) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Join.me (discontinued)'s feature set?
Did Join.me (discontinued) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Join.me (discontinued) go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Join.me (discontinued) again?
When you have more than two parties that need to be on a call or screen share, Join.me facilitates a place where everyone can easily call in and view the presentation. When there are multiple parties that are unknown to each other, it allows each party to introduce themselves before getting onto the actual call.