CRM system of my choice
May 24, 2019
CRM system of my choice
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Kindful
Our organization uses Kindful as a CRM system to manage our donor database to record donations, gifts, and pledges. Kindful is used by our fundraising department and the system works really well to manage our day to day donor's affairs and donations and outreach program.
- Kindful integrates with other apps such as Stripe payment system, among other payment apps, that allows the organization to easily collect donations and pledges from donors.
- Kindful has the ability to be linked to your company website using your company's logo in order to accept donations and maintain your donor database
- Kindful platform integrates with many different apps that allow the user to add useful apps such as reporting and donor mailing apps.
- The system performs very well with minimum interruption of service.
- The system collects and organizes the donor's data really well especially in terms of donor follow-ups, which helps the organization keep nourishing the relationship with its major donors.
- Kindful needs to improve its filtering features. The system provides so many filtering options that at times it is too confusing. Make the filtering option user-friendly and simple.
- The system doesn't stop refunds. If you click refund by accident, then there is no way to go back and undo it. It seems that this can be fixed.
- I wish the team at Kindful would work on creative charts, bars and other forms of financial reporting on progress and other useful resources that organizations can use to optimize the fundraising department. There are apps that can do this and integrate with Kindful, but in my humble opinion, Kindful should own this part. It also creates a burden on the organization who needs to pay more for these apps, and sometimes when you integrate the app with Kindful, the platform doesn't look as user-friendly as it was before integration.
- Last but not least, I wish Kindful could work with the Stripe app team to also allow the organization to show the fee charges per transactions. At the moment, the system only shows the total donated amount which is fine, but having a filtering option to see fees charges would be a nice thing to have.
- Since we purchased Kindful, our organization has generated more revenue than before. The increase in revenue is particularly due to the current and relevant information the fundraising department generates much more effectively and efficiently to be used in its fundraising campaigns.
- Pricing increases as more donors are added into the system is, in my opinion, a bit upsetting. I wish to see Kindful's fee model increases based on per revenue growth rather than donor growth.
Overall, Kindful is a way better CRM System than DonorSnap in part because the system is user-friendly, keeps good track of donor's data, donations and pledges, and integrates really well with many different apps (which DonorSnap lacks). Also, Kindful has different button features that you can link to your organization's website for accepting donations and at the same time automatically collecting the needed information from your donors.
Compared to other CRM systems such as DonorSnap, Raiser's Edge etc, I believe Kindful does a better job at managing the donor database and is easier to use. It also maintains the relevant donor information as long as you're able to input the information in a timely manner. The system allows you to quickly generate the information you need about that donor and the history allows you to continue the conversation in a very detailed and user-friendly way.