Good product that continues to mature
Updated July 23, 2021

Good product that continues to mature

Overall Satisfaction with KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training

Whole org. Phishing campaigns/compliance training/security awareness/phish reporting and evaluation.
  • Variety of media types (posters/videos/newsletters).
  • Customer relationship.
  • Tighter integration between the KnowBe4 platform and its PhishER product, especially as it relates to user virtual risk score.
  • Lacking automation to influence user risk score as it relates to users discovered in breaches.
  • We have increased user awareness and reduced the number of clicks.

Do you think KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training's feature set?

Did KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training go as expected?

Would you buy KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training again?

The training content was a big influence on why we chose KnowBe4 for security awareness. They have a large selection of security courses, however, I would caution users who need HR and legal courses to keep looking or plan to augment with outside content.
We use the Active Directory sync tool. It's a little cumbersome to set up initially and requires tweaking the configuration file to pull the right artifacts and users. After the initial setup, things are running smoothly. If your active directory does not put users into the right groups, you can make adjustments by using their "smart groups" feature.
At this point, we review all data within the tool and do not use the reporting feature.
They are a solid choice but appear to still be maturing their product which can be seen by their limited integration between their other products.

KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training New Features

It has been my experience that user provisioning is limited to AD and not the other methods mentioned. This is a limitation that I have discussed with KnowBe4 on multiple occasions. Although not ideal, we make it work.
The platform (including phishing, training) is flexible and customizable enough to fit our needs. Reporting is not sufficient to meet the needs of larger organizations and must be exported into an external BI tool for optimal analysis.
Yes, I occasionally use PhishFlip to incorporate new templates into our library. However it is too soon to elaborate on its impact to the organization.

KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Support

Mostly good. I have a great customer success manager who helps keep my tickets moving along. However, I had an intermittent issue with the phish alert button that support was unable to solve. When users tried to report a message it would say the plugin failed and needed to be restarted. Sometimes tying to submit a second time would fix the issue, sometimes it required the mail client to be restarted, and sometimes it would continue to fail. It was very inconsistent and support gave me the run around on "fixes," including gathering several packet captures and performing updates to the mail client. In the end, support has been unable to pinpoint the issue. To this day, I occasionally have users report the button not functioning. It is easier to live with it than deal with the run around I received from support.