Don't Wait Another Minute to Choose KnowBe4Training,We were seeking a way to educate our users on modern threats in order to reduce our cyber risk. KnowBe4 enables us to test our users, measure their performance and offer them high-quality training that is targeted to produce the behavior we desire. We are able to track all of the outcomes and actually see if we are moving the needle. In the first few months, KnowBe4 has helped us reduce the percentage of our users that click on test phishing emails from 25% to about 9%. With ongoing training and testing, we expect to be able to lower this even further.,Offers wide-range of options for easily phish testing users. The templates mimic the kind of real-world threats we are seeing which makes it effective. Provides high-quality security training content that raises awareness and gives practical direction to users on how to avoid risks. This content is being continually refreshed and updated. I'm pretty picky about content and I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of what KnowBe4 provides. Tracks everything! User clicks, training progress, trends over time, etc. This gives you the ability to see exactly who is doing what and whether or not the product is being effective. Provides a complete interactive, online checklist for how to configure a comprehensive testing and training program on the platform. Walks you through every step of this which is very helpful. If you follow their plan, the results will come.,If I tried really hard, I might be able to come up with some suggestions for improvement, but it would be very nit picky stuff. KnowBe4 has built a really nice platform that honestly amazes me with its flexibility, features and value.,10,We wanted something that would be easy to deploy, reasonable cost and effective. I also felt that the online training material had to be modern, engaging and practical. KnowBe4 was very helpful during the pre-sales process as we evaluated whether their platform met our needs. They allowed us to log in and look at what the system offered. The quality of the phishing templates and training courses is very impressive. KnowBe4 hit all of our requirements.,8,KnowBe4Get KnowBe4 and get empowered.Product selection Product deployment and configuration Training Customer support / Help desk,Company IT security can be difficult to manage and end users are a real wildcard. KnowBe4 helps you get the users informed and trained so they are a stronger layer of defense for your company instead of a weak link. Repeating training with different courses really drive home the information and importance of protecting passwords and information.,Easy to set up. Plenty of material to choose from. Great tools to use.,Pricing is good, but could be better Portal navigation could be smoother,9,We chose KnowBe4 over their competitors because they had a good value to cost ratio. They also have a great selection of materials which address different learning types too. There is something here for all sized companies and the customer service and on-boarding process is excellent to get you started quickly.,9,Cofense PhishMe and ThreatSim Phishing Simulations,Getting a handle on this cyber security thing by invoking the human element.Training,The issue was training employees how to recognize and avoid phishing and other malicious email traps. Employees were not fully aware of the tactics used by bad actors in luring them to give away credentials or other valuable data. The product offered by KnowBe4 met the needs of our environment in a cost effective way, and provided on-going testing. This continual testing to keep employees aware of evolving threats has proven to be a great help.,Working to fully understand our needs up front and provide guidance on the product on the front end helped in our decision making process. Assistance in the implementation was an area that KnowBe4 hit a home run for our situation. The product was intuitive to follow, but as with learning anything complex, it is helpful to have a guide for the first time. Follow through has been unexpectedly consistent and thorough. Typically, I find vendors are great to work with in the beginning and even follow up in the short term, but KnowBe4 has been surprisingly consistent in following up to ensure our satisfaction, and that the use of the product meets our needs.,The area of reporting can always be improved upon and that is no exception from KnowBe4. Fortunately, that is an area they have be working on over the past year and I am happy to see the improvements. Another area that could be improved is to model a suggested plan to utilize their product. Not just the implementation timeline, but an actual example curriculum as a baseline. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to pick a path for use of the product with so many choices. Better notification of new material that is relevant to my specific needs. That is to know better my needs in the world of education and how they differ from say a corporate environment.,10,KnowBe4 was selected as our service provider for many reasons. It provided a cloud solution that did not burden current technical staff to set it up. It gave a solid solution to a business problem we were facing that was able to be implemented in a time frame that we needed. We were able to confirm through others who had used the product that it did what they said it would do. Most importantly it was a cost effective solution that fit in our budget.,10,KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training ProgramPhishing Tests for Unsophisticated UsersTurnkey managed services,Yes, we were looking for an online education piece for our employees around phishing attacks and then a way to test our employees on an ongoing basis. KnowBe4 delivered exactly that solution.,On-line education at a user level Testing of users at various levels Remeditation testing,We have not gotten all the way to the most difficult level with our phishing tests but the URL that is used is pretty easy to determine as one of their and not a legitimate one.,10,The solution they provided was best in our price range. We have been very happy with the solution and the improvement we have seen in our staff's ability to identify a scam and NOT click a link or open a attachment which was the business goal.,KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training ProgramKnowBe4: A must have in your Cyber Safety Arsenal!KnowBe4 is a must have in your IT toolkit! Having implemented the program in two different organizations, KnowBe4 provides multiple avenues to teach staff to become cyber-aware. From training programs to simulated phishing, vishing and USB attacks, KnowBe4 is the one program I couldn't do without. Not only is the program top notch, the real-time metrics received allows me to pinpoint areas for continued training and possible security breaches. I cannot say enough good things about this product.,Easy to set up. In less than an hour, I had my entire organization scheduled for training and simulated phishing attacks for the entire year. Integrates with Active Directory and SSO. No more creating accounts in more than one place. Once it is created from AD, it automatically enrolls new staff into their first training. Reporting and Metrics are tools that are straight forward and easy to explain. The information is presented to the company quarterly so staff can see how they are doing and it becomes a "teachable moment" between IT and staff.,I have no cons to list. Everyone should be using this product.,10,Staff is more informed and now are much more diligent in spotting and reporting phishing emails. As a small IT department, it lessens the overhead necessary to conduct classroom style training. The quick 2 minute videos and different levels of phishing scenarios allow me to tailor training to those that really need it automatically while providing reminders to the rest of the staff on a monthly basis. The year cost is a fraction of what it would cost in time, effort and possible data loss if you encounter an attack that could have been stopped if staff was trained properly.,
KnowBe4

KnowBe4 Reviews

KnowBe4
Filter 16 vetted KnowBe4 reviews and ratings

Jeff Nickles profile photo
April 08, 2019

Review: "Don't Wait Another Minute to Choose KnowBe4"

• Offers wide-range of options for easily phish testing users. The templates mimic the kind of real-world threats we are seeing which makes it effective.
  • Provides high-quality security training content that raises awareness and gives practical direction to users on how to avoid risks. This content is being continually refreshed and updated. I'm pretty picky about content and I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of what KnowBe4 provides.
  • Tracks everything! User clicks, training progress, trends over time, etc. This gives you the ability to see exactly who is doing what and whether or not the product is being effective.
  • Provides a complete interactive, online checklist for how to configure a comprehensive testing and training program on the platform. Walks you through every step of this which is very helpful. If you follow their plan, the results will come.
  • If I tried really hard, I might be able to come up with some suggestions for improvement, but it would be very nit picky stuff. KnowBe4 has built a really nice platform that honestly amazes me with its flexibility, features and value.
I can't think of an organization that could not benefit from the phish testing, training and overall security awareness that KnowBe4 provides. I was honestly skeptical before I had experience with the product, but I knew we had to do something to lower our risk. I'd heard about KnowBe4 at some events I had attended. My attitude was, "Why do I need phish testing? I know our users are going to click. I don't need someone else to tell me this." I was partially right. Our users did click in the beginning, but once you follow the steps that KnowBe4 outlines and build a true awareness and training program, it makes a difference. I'm now a believer because I've seen what it has done for our company.
Read Jeff Nickles's full review
Terrance J. Ranney profile photo
February 19, 2019

User Review: "Get KnowBe4 and get empowered."

• Easy to set up.
  • Plenty of material to choose from.
  • Great tools to use.
  • Pricing is good, but could be better
  • Portal navigation could be smoother
KnowBe4 does what it says it can do: provides information and tools to train end users so they are better informed and less likely to allow the company to be breached for data loss or ransomware. Every company can benefit from this kind of program and should invest in their employees to strengthen all aspects of the company.
Read Terrance J. Ranney's full review
Anthony Hambey profile photo
December 07, 2018

KnowBe4 Review: "Getting a handle on this cyber security thing by invoking the human element."

• Working to fully understand our needs up front and provide guidance on the product on the front end helped in our decision making process.
  • Assistance in the implementation was an area that KnowBe4 hit a home run for our situation. The product was intuitive to follow, but as with learning anything complex, it is helpful to have a guide for the first time.
  • Follow through has been unexpectedly consistent and thorough. Typically, I find vendors are great to work with in the beginning and even follow up in the short term, but KnowBe4 has been surprisingly consistent in following up to ensure our satisfaction, and that the use of the product meets our needs.
  • The area of reporting can always be improved upon and that is no exception from KnowBe4. Fortunately, that is an area they have be working on over the past year and I am happy to see the improvements.
  • Another area that could be improved is to model a suggested plan to utilize their product. Not just the implementation timeline, but an actual example curriculum as a baseline. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to pick a path for use of the product with so many choices.
  • Better notification of new material that is relevant to my specific needs. That is to know better my needs in the world of education and how they differ from say a corporate environment.
For any environment that faces training employees to be aware of bad actors trying to acquire personal or institutional data through email phishing, KnowBe4 has a solution that will work well. The delivery method and content for the training is well done and provides a solid method for managing initial and on-going efforts. It does this and more in a cost effective manner that is money well spent.
Read Anthony Hambey's full review
Rob Shoenfelt profile photo
December 10, 2018

KnowBe4 Review: "Phishing Tests for Unsophisticated Users"

• On-line education at a user level
  • Testing of users at various levels
  • Remeditation testing
  • We have not gotten all the way to the most difficult level with our phishing tests but the URL that is used is pretty easy to determine as one of their and not a legitimate one.
Definitely well suited for a company who wants to educate and then test its users on phishing scams, especially for a company that has nothing in place. It is well done, the on-line presentations are written at an appropriate non-technical level, and the remedial lessons are also well done.
Read Rob Shoenfelt's full review
April 11, 2019

Review: "KnowBe4: A must have in your Cyber Safety Arsenal!"

• Easy to set up. In less than an hour, I had my entire organization scheduled for training and simulated phishing attacks for the entire year.
  • Integrates with Active Directory and SSO. No more creating accounts in more than one place. Once it is created from AD, it automatically enrolls new staff into their first training.
  • Reporting and Metrics are tools that are straight forward and easy to explain. The information is presented to the company quarterly so staff can see how they are doing and it becomes a "teachable moment" between IT and staff.
  • I have no cons to list. Everyone should be using this product.
This product will work in all environments small to large. The ability to tailor training to your specific needs makes KnowBe4 very customizable and if you have any issues, the support team is fantastic. While it doesn't replace one on one contact with IT, I think it is very complimentary to our goal to keep the network secure and our staff cyber-safe. If none of that sways you, the gamification ability is a plus and can be used to even up the odds if your culture embraces that type of motivation. It's a win-win!
December 06, 2018

Review: "KnowBe4 is a great security awareness training product for a great price!"

• Easy to sync our users with their platform to on-board people very easily.
  • Very easy to enroll people in additional training if they fail a phishing test.
  • Lots of options to select from for training and phishing tests.
  • I really don't see areas right now where they need to improve.
Perfect for that short, 2-minute security awareness training or the more full-bore 45-minute session. It's nice that people can pick up their training if they need to go away from it for a bit. That works in very nicely with everyone's work schedule.
Artur Rzasa profile photo
May 25, 2018

Review: "Stay safe online with KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training"

The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training program was researched and selected for use within our whole organization to ensure our staff is aware and capable of identifying various online threats such as phishing attacks, social engineering, malware, the man in the middle and many more. Even though we utilize various security systems such as firewalls, advanced threat protection, antivirus, email scanning and many more, there is always a risk that something will get past as it could be a new type of attack. With the training, our staff are more aware of the various vectors used and will help them be safe both in the workplace but also at home in their personal lives.
  • The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program includes various interactive training modules to explain and test users on what they are learning. As you progress through the training and testing you can see your risk factor go down for the company.
  • The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program includes various resources such as posters that can be printed out and put up in a workplace to further reinforce the training being provided.
  • The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program can also do Vishing testing where automated phone calls are placed to try and get sensitive information from the user.
  • The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program has a great setup system that tracks your progress in getting the system running with testing, training, testing again, scheduling to ensure it can run itself and give you test results.
  • A small issue we have is that the dates are set as US format only, even though they provide the service globally so allowing users to change this would make it nicer to use.
  • A lot of the content is still very US centric, which isn't terrible but there are some differences in language that leave some users scratching their head if they aren't aware of both meanings.
The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program is suited to everyone in every industry as it's training on how to be safe online, be it for work or personal reasons. It gives examples of how you can be manipulated in giving out various pieces of information by external individuals or groups to gain access to your logins, passwords or personal information that they combine to take over your email accounts, bank accounts, cloud storage accounts, photos or go all out and take over your identity. Training like this should be standard in a workplace and even more so within schools to ensure people are aware of what is possible. Protection systems can only do so much before it lands with people to make informed decisions.
Read Artur Rzasa's full review
Tory Dombrowski profile photo
September 12, 2018

Review: "KnowBe4 you click! End User training with a Kick!"

• Training end users on security threats with constantly updated content
  • Phish testing platform that allows me to identify users that may need remedial training
  • Track user completion of training, with automated emails to managers and administrative staff
  • Recommend and help deploy effective security policies with real life threats in mind
  • I would like to have more access to the phishing test data so that I can run reports more easily. I do it now by exporting results to CSV and create the reports from that. Could be easier with better access to the data
  • I would like data on who is clicking the Phish Alert buttons, when they are doing it, and what the email subject lines are, so I can track how effective my users are on REAL phishing
  • The free tools offered to potential new clients should be made freely available to current subscribers without having to fill out the marketing form
I feel strongly in favor of KnowBe4 platform. Primarily I wanted to use the Phishing tool to prove to my users how Phishing worked. However as I planned the deployment, the pairing of good security training along with a Phishing tool gave me more than I could ever ask for.

The training, coming from a former hacker, explained how easily people can get hacked and what is of value. This was just what I needed to get my users to pay attention to this threat. Following up with a tool that helps me keep my users on their toes is perfect. KnowBe4 makes a lot of sense for any organization big or small. In fact the smaller ones may need it more than the bigger organizations. I know small businesses tend to run on tight budgets, but if they can swing it I recommend that they pay attention.

If an organization already has a mature end user training program and has a way to monitor how well their users are performing, as well as up to date security policies, then perhaps it is not needed, but could still be useful for tracking compliance.
Read Tory Dombrowski's full review
Darcy Golliher, MEP profile photo
May 21, 2018

"KnowBe4 Awareness Training Review"

Working in the healthcare field, we are very susceptible to Ransomware and other cyber attacks and hackers are getting even more advanced where it is hard to detect if this is a scam or real. We knew we had to educate our employees in cyber security so we looked into KnowBe4. The training provided to our employees is invaluable and I hear many employees state that they really enjoy the training; it doesn't just apply to our work life, it applies to our whole life.

The phishing campaigns have also been a success. By sending out random phishing emails, employees are more in tune to watch all their emails coming in and several have brought questionable emails to me to validate.

Lastly, managing this program is so easy. KnowBe4 representatives have been quick to help me and have walked me through on how to automatically set up random campaigns. I get notices regularly, keeping me up to date on who has and who hasn't completed their training so I can send out reminders.

I would recommend KnowBe4 to any facility; it will truly save you money in the long run!

• Setting up the random phishing campaigns was so easy and allows me to not have to think about setting it automatically.
  • Trainings are fun and informative.
  • None that I can think of at this time.
For new hires we use the 45 minute training module and for yearly training we use the 15 minute training. This training is fun and easy to complete.
Read Darcy Golliher, MEP's full review
August 23, 2018

KnowBe4 Review: "Know Be 4 you Click - Be Gone with the Hackers!"

We use it across the whole organization to train on phishing, vishing, malware, Wifi connections, password complexities, etc. We have a very strong cybersecurity program.
  • On-going training in cybersecurity is a crucial thing in today's technical arena and we train ALL of our employees on what things to look for in an email, websites, connecting to WiFi, etc.
  • We can set up training campaigns to be on-going automatically and we get reporting on who has done them or who hasn't. We can tell if they click on a phish, etc.
  • We try to make it fun and interesting with the games they have to teach employees about different areas of security. KnowBe4 also provided us with a longer training video to send home to employees' friends and families.
  • They have the most excellent customer support and training!! Wonderful!
  • Setting up the training campaigns can be tricky, but once you do a few it's not hard.
  • Re-sending a campaign to employees that didn't do it is tricky as well. Practice with this helps a lot. They have great support to help.
The cost of this product is very inexpensive and allows for a great deal of training in varying areas of cybersecurity, phishing, spear-phishing, whale-phishing, vishing, password complexities, social engineering and many other areas. We are a medium-sized company and it has worked great for training all our employees and most of them really appreciate it as well.

KnowBe4 Scorecard Summary

About KnowBe4

KnowBe4 is a security awareness training company.