Getting a handle on this cyber security thing by invoking the human element.Training,The issue was training employees how to recognize and avoid phishing and other malicious email traps. Employees were not fully aware of the tactics used by bad actors in luring them to give away credentials or other valuable data. The product offered by KnowBe4 met the needs of our environment in a cost effective way, and provided on-going testing. This continual testing to keep employees aware of evolving threats has proven to be a great help.,Working to fully understand our needs up front and provide guidance on the product on the front end helped in our decision making process. Assistance in the implementation was an area that KnowBe4 hit a home run for our situation. The product was intuitive to follow, but as with learning anything complex, it is helpful to have a guide for the first time. Follow through has been unexpectedly consistent and thorough. Typically, I find vendors are great to work with in the beginning and even follow up in the short term, but KnowBe4 has been surprisingly consistent in following up to ensure our satisfaction, and that the use of the product meets our needs.,The area of reporting can always be improved upon and that is no exception from KnowBe4. Fortunately, that is an area they have be working on over the past year and I am happy to see the improvements. Another area that could be improved is to model a suggested plan to utilize their product. Not just the implementation timeline, but an actual example curriculum as a baseline. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to pick a path for use of the product with so many choices. Better notification of new material that is relevant to my specific needs. That is to know better my needs in the world of education and how they differ from say a corporate environment.,10,KnowBe4 was selected as our service provider for many reasons. It provided a cloud solution that did not burden current technical staff to set it up. It gave a solid solution to a business problem we were facing that was able to be implemented in a time frame that we needed. We were able to confirm through others who had used the product that it did what they said it would do. Most importantly it was a cost effective solution that fit in our budget.,10,KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training ProgramKnowBe4 you click! End User training with a Kick!Requirements gathering Product selection Product deployment and configuration Training Customer support / Help desk,We started to see Phishing emails penetrate our spam and mail filters. We experienced a few close calls where a hacker could have either gotten paid or encrypted our data. We took measures to try and protect ourselves but quickly realized we also needed to train our users on how to identify Phishing and other security threats. We purchased the service and deployed the training. We have now made it a part of the normal on-boarding of new employees, where they are required to complete KnowBe4 training. I also use the Phishing campaigns on a regular basis to keep track of how well our staff is trained on Phishing. We try to keep up to date with new training periodically, and have even rolled out some other training, policies and posters to get more out of our KnowBe4 service.,Training end users on security threats with constantly updated content Phish testing platform that allows me to identify users that may need remedial training Track user completion of training, with automated emails to managers and administrative staff Recommend and help deploy effective security policies with real life threats in mind,I would like to have more access to the phishing test data so that I can run reports more easily. I do it now by exporting results to CSV and create the reports from that. Could be easier with better access to the data I would like data on who is clicking the Phish Alert buttons, when they are doing it, and what the email subject lines are, so I can track how effective my users are on REAL phishing The free tools offered to potential new clients should be made freely available to current subscribers without having to fill out the marketing form,10,When looking into the area of end user training, I found a few players but it didn't take much research to realize that KnowBe4 was the leader in that sector. I did check reviews and look at Gartner for information. We did do a short trial, but it didn't take long before I was sold.,10,KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program,Cofense PhishMe and PhishLine,I would run staged trials of each of the vendors in this field. When we implemented KnowBe4 there were fewer options on the market. Now that I know how I am using KnowBe4 I would be better suited to create a demo program through which to run each platform.Phishing Tests for Unsophisticated UsersTurnkey managed services,Yes, we were looking for an online education piece for our employees around phishing attacks and then a way to test our employees on an ongoing basis. KnowBe4 delivered exactly that solution.,On-line education at a user level Testing of users at various levels Remeditation testing,We have not gotten all the way to the most difficult level with our phishing tests but the URL that is used is pretty easy to determine as one of their and not a legitimate one.,10,The solution they provided was best in our price range. We have been very happy with the solution and the improvement we have seen in our staff's ability to identify a scam and NOT click a link or open a attachment which was the business goal.,KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training ProgramKnowBe4 is a great security awareness training product for a great price!Training,They provide security awareness training that fits our needs very nicely.,Easy to sync our users with their platform to on-board people very easily. Very easy to enroll people in additional training if they fail a phishing test. Lots of options to select from for training and phishing tests.,I really don't see areas right now where they need to improve.,10,Best price for the services they offer. They are the leader in their space.,8,KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program,
KnowBe4

KnowBe4 Reviews

KnowBe4
Filter 10 vetted KnowBe4 reviews and ratings

Anthony Hambey profile photo
December 07, 2018

KnowBe4 Review: "Getting a handle on this cyber security thing by invoking the human element."

• Working to fully understand our needs up front and provide guidance on the product on the front end helped in our decision making process.
  • Assistance in the implementation was an area that KnowBe4 hit a home run for our situation. The product was intuitive to follow, but as with learning anything complex, it is helpful to have a guide for the first time.
  • Follow through has been unexpectedly consistent and thorough. Typically, I find vendors are great to work with in the beginning and even follow up in the short term, but KnowBe4 has been surprisingly consistent in following up to ensure our satisfaction, and that the use of the product meets our needs.
  • The area of reporting can always be improved upon and that is no exception from KnowBe4. Fortunately, that is an area they have be working on over the past year and I am happy to see the improvements.
  • Another area that could be improved is to model a suggested plan to utilize their product. Not just the implementation timeline, but an actual example curriculum as a baseline. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to pick a path for use of the product with so many choices.
  • Better notification of new material that is relevant to my specific needs. That is to know better my needs in the world of education and how they differ from say a corporate environment.
For any environment that faces training employees to be aware of bad actors trying to acquire personal or institutional data through email phishing, KnowBe4 has a solution that will work well. The delivery method and content for the training is well done and provides a solid method for managing initial and on-going efforts. It does this and more in a cost effective manner that is money well spent.
Read Anthony Hambey's full review
Tory Dombrowski profile photo
September 12, 2018

Review: "KnowBe4 you click! End User training with a Kick!"

• Training end users on security threats with constantly updated content
  • Phish testing platform that allows me to identify users that may need remedial training
  • Track user completion of training, with automated emails to managers and administrative staff
  • Recommend and help deploy effective security policies with real life threats in mind
  • I would like to have more access to the phishing test data so that I can run reports more easily. I do it now by exporting results to CSV and create the reports from that. Could be easier with better access to the data
  • I would like data on who is clicking the Phish Alert buttons, when they are doing it, and what the email subject lines are, so I can track how effective my users are on REAL phishing
  • The free tools offered to potential new clients should be made freely available to current subscribers without having to fill out the marketing form
I feel strongly in favor of KnowBe4 platform. Primarily I wanted to use the Phishing tool to prove to my users how Phishing worked. However as I planned the deployment, the pairing of good security training along with a Phishing tool gave me more than I could ever ask for.

The training, coming from a former hacker, explained how easily people can get hacked and what is of value. This was just what I needed to get my users to pay attention to this threat. Following up with a tool that helps me keep my users on their toes is perfect. KnowBe4 makes a lot of sense for any organization big or small. In fact the smaller ones may need it more than the bigger organizations. I know small businesses tend to run on tight budgets, but if they can swing it I recommend that they pay attention.

If an organization already has a mature end user training program and has a way to monitor how well their users are performing, as well as up to date security policies, then perhaps it is not needed, but could still be useful for tracking compliance.
Read Tory Dombrowski's full review
Rob Shoenfelt profile photo
December 10, 2018

KnowBe4 Review: "Phishing Tests for Unsophisticated Users"

• On-line education at a user level
  • Testing of users at various levels
  • Remeditation testing
  • We have not gotten all the way to the most difficult level with our phishing tests but the URL that is used is pretty easy to determine as one of their and not a legitimate one.
Definitely well suited for a company who wants to educate and then test its users on phishing scams, especially for a company that has nothing in place. It is well done, the on-line presentations are written at an appropriate non-technical level, and the remedial lessons are also well done.
Read Rob Shoenfelt's full review
December 06, 2018

Review: "KnowBe4 is a great security awareness training product for a great price!"

• Easy to sync our users with their platform to on-board people very easily.
  • Very easy to enroll people in additional training if they fail a phishing test.
  • Lots of options to select from for training and phishing tests.
  • I really don't see areas right now where they need to improve.
Perfect for that short, 2-minute security awareness training or the more full-bore 45-minute session. It's nice that people can pick up their training if they need to go away from it for a bit. That works in very nicely with everyone's work schedule.

KnowBe4 Scorecard Summary

About KnowBe4

KnowBe4 is a security awareness training company.

KnowBe4 Availability