KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

March 01, 2021
David Kontur | TrustRadius Reviewer
KnowBe4 is being used by my company for more than IT security training. We have campaigns that cover AML training, Anti Sexual Harassment Training, and of Course IT Security Training. We often utilize the non skip version so we know that users are watching the full content of the courses we select. As well every course we push out has a quiz behind it to see if end users are retaining the content being taught. Overall a pretty solid product and we have no reason to even consider using other vendors to deliver our training for a variety of requirements we have to fulfill.
  • Relevency.
  • Quality information.
  • Consistency.
  • Easy to learn/understand.
  • Improving course selection.
  • expanded security roles.
  • Ease of reporting.
KnowBe4 Security Awareness training is great for your IT security training needs. They have a vast knowledge base of materials and content to provide for any industry and regardless of company size. They have been helping us meet our auditory needs for quite awhile now and we will continue to work with them. Some scenarios where they might not be appropriate for is gamification.
The impact of having a vast availability of fresh training content and different content publishers has only greatly enhanced our ability to stay relevant with the times. As well help us to condense a lot of our training into one platform versus having to go use several different vendors simply to have a once a year class. The case with KnowBe4 is you have many different options to look over, review, and then if the courses are satisfactory supply them to your end users. If the course(s) you selected don't meet the requirements the greatest part is you can simply go back to the vast content library and repeat the same process. I will say I've only ever had to do one trial run of every course before seeing that it meets the needs for our campaign/training requirements.
Read David Kontur's full review
January 23, 2021
Marc Stefaniu | TrustRadius Reviewer
We search products / artifacts from the rich library available from KnowBe4 [Security Awareness]. Then we copy and brand those of interest for our company, then we publish them on the internal intranet. We communicate by email to all staff that a new security awareness artifact was just posted.
Reviewing the posted material is highly recommended, but not mandatory. The Information Security staff is available to provide clarifications and answers for any questions from the company staff.
  • Their library of security artifacts is easy to search for an appropriate topic
  • The library covers a very broad range of security relevant topics
  • The majority of the artifacts are well designed for a non-technical audience, and avoid technical terms that could create barriers to understanding.
  • The artifacts (e.g. short videos) can be branded with the company logo, so they integrate well in the internal communications standards promoted by the company.
  • The product library is already pretty up to date on security threats. It should continue to bring artifacts relevant to the most recent threats and trends.
  • There are not sufficient role-specific training artifacts, like do and don't examples for roles such as: HR partners, lawyers, finance dpt staff, project managers, system administrators, business leaders, board of directors members, etc.
[KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training is] well suited for general awareness programs that increase the likelihood that non-technical staff members will recognize security threats and avoid risky behaviors.

Less suitable for communicating specific company policies and procedures (e.g. company specific BYOD standard), or for technical training of IT and Information Security specialists.
- Maintains the interest of the target audience.
- Makes it easier to find the most appropriate artifacts (based on size, format, etc) for our company
Read Marc Stefaniu's full review
Charles Ragas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use KnowBe4 [Security Awareness Training] to conduct periodical phishing attacks across our entire organization. Our organization consists of a workforce whose majority are not very knowledgeable about Digital Citizenship and Cyber Security Awareness. The KnowBe4 platform allows us to to systematically test our users and discover where our security risks are then address them by having conversations with the users and assign training tasks.
  • There are interactive training classes which are very helpful in the learning process.
  • There are some pretty good simulated phishing attacks.
  • Integration with Office 365 could be better
I think [KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training] is well suited for any organization looking to assess and educate their workforce in the cyber world.
As those with malicious intent come up with new ways to breach security, new methods of protection and defense need to be updated. KnowBe4 seems to be pretty good about updating their content.
Read Charles Ragas's full review
Michael Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
First and foremost we use KnowBe4 [Security Awareness Training] to test our employees regularly. We also use the training materials provided to train our users at our on site University. Security Awareness class is a requirement for all employees along with refreshing that training every two years or if they've failed a specific number of email tests.
  • End user testing through the sending of generated phishing emails.
  • Training materials are top notch and updated frequently.
  • Customer support is great. Haven't had to use it much but my rep keeps me informed on everything.
  • User management. The end user management is a little clumsy.
  • I'd like to see better navigation within the admin console. At times it takes a few to many clicks to get where I want.
I don't think there is a scenario where security awareness training isn't appropriate. Everyone business or personal should have some sort of training. It's incredibly important in today's world. Over the last 3 years we've seen the number of security related incidents decline and our users have become more aware of threats in general.
A very positive impact. All of our 1400 + users get frequent training in all areas of our business. Along with a few HR training modules the end user security awareness program is just one of the few that everyone must complete and refresh on a regular basis. I'm 100% convinced that KB4 has saved us on more than a few occasions.
Read Michael Price's full review
Jair Sandoval | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is the main point for awareness campaigns across the whole company. It helped us to close gaps of knowledge, especially of specialized needs (HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
  • Engaging content
  • Track of campaign progression
  • Ease of use
  • Management of users and groups
  • Change on started campaigns
  • API Administration
[KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training] is a perfect tool for awareness campaigns and specialized basic training. However, I would not use it for complex high-level training (for example, security practices for development)
A huge impact, especially with engaging content. I especially value the content that has an out-of-the-box presentation, like the series The Inside Man.
Read Jair Sandoval's full review
Lori Langone | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training to help all staff and educators better understand the increasing Cybersecurity threats facing all of us. This training is so well done, while using an entertaining and engaging format, that I'd love for our high school Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics students to be able to participate, too.
  • Each episode focuses on a specify security threat.
  • The content builds cumulative cybersecurity knowledge.
  • The characters and story lines are engaging.
  • I look forward to receiving each new episode.
  • I honestly like it the way it is and can't think of any ways to improve it.
I think that KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training is well suited for all teen and adult audiences. Security affects everyone, and reminders about potential threats are helpful to all, especially in today's rapidly advancing technological environment.
KnowBe4 seems to be very responsive to inquiries; that's the extent of my experience with their support team.
Invitations to new training episodes land in my email inbox periodically, and I've never experienced a problem with functionality.
Read Lori Langone's full review
Frank Summers | TrustRadius Reviewer
[KnowBe4] is being used across our whole staff. Our staff tended to click on anything that came through. KnowBe4 has started to train our end users to think before they click. I [now] get over 100 emails when I start a campaign letting me know a bad email has gotten through.
  • They provide relevant templates that are very enticing to employees
  • It is very easy to setup a campaign and follow up training
  • Their support team will help you at any time to set up a new campaign.
  • Very customizable campaigns
  • Add start date to campaign screen before campaign starts
This product is well suited for any organization that uses email and wants to protect themselves from malware. I really can't think of a scenario where it wouldn't be appropriate.
I get phone calls at least once or twice a month to see how things are going and if they can help us setup a campaign. They really want you to succeed with their product.
The product is simple to setup, especially with help from support. Maintaining campaigns is a breeze. The interface is easy to navigate and see quickly your weak points.
We have only had 5 campaigns so far but like I said before their templates are always right on point and cover a wide variety of subjects.
Read Frank Summers's full review
Ian Maffett | TrustRadius Reviewer
KnowBe4 is used by our IS team for conducting phishing training at my company. The IS team can run tests at will but more importantly target repeat offenders. It is used company wide; including all executives. Campaigns are run to mimic real life events where people fell to phisihing attacks. While KnowBe4 does not dictate the emails themselves, it gives the team a great tool to try different techniques. The built in report button for outlook is helpful too, reducing time and friction for users to participate in testing.
  • Adaptive testing
  • Real time feedback
  • Complete control
  • Smart users can detect the headers in the emails
  • Outlook rules can be used to detect other features
  • I don't have a third, the product works great
This product is great for conducting phishing tests and training within any organization. The tools allow you to create campaigns at will to conduct testing, but also target repeat offenders. Unfortunately, you can filter a lot of these emails out with rules due to html tags or other key indicators. This allows the "savy" person to bypass tests, but they can still be susceptible to phising themselves.

We've been extremely happy with the tools and offerings of KnowBe4. It's helped our IS team increase the awareness of different types of phishing and allow us to create targeted tests.
Support comes at different levels. It's not simply is the service working, but how do they help our company. Engagement has been perfect from the start through usage. We were not sold a product and abandoned; they have stayed engaged to support us with the product and trainings. The product itself has met our SLA's and we have no complaints.
Usability is more then just UX; but how good is the tool at delivering the total experience. The outlook button integration is great and more effective than other tools. The portal/training/campaigns work great and help us target the people who need repeat training the most. From start to end, usability is a breeze for us and end users.
Being able to simulate known successful phishing attacks helps us educate our end users and keep them up to date. We recently had a test that we joked was "entrapment", but we found out other businesses fell for it and we need to be more vigilant. Allowing us to use real attacks has been extremely critical and helps us push our awareness further.
Read Ian Maffett's full review
January 29, 2021
Don Ringelestein | TrustRadius Reviewer
The whole organization. KnowBe4 is a crucial part of our security in depth program, as it helps us train our users to detect phishing email. The problem with such email is that it is extraordinarily hard to detect, especially when it is simply social engineers with no payload. KnowBe4 gives concrete examples of such emails that we can test the staff with, and then offer them quick trainings if they fail.
  • Easy configuration of phishing tests
  • Easy configuration of end user training
  • Smart groups for end users based on their behaviors in phishing tests.
  • Being able to save a "work in progress" phishing test would be nice.
  • Could benefit from more introductory emails for end users to ensure that they know that it's not a "gotcha" tool
I think it's well suited in any environment. We all know that there isn't a hardware or software solution that can stop all phishing emails. Thus a platform like KnowBe4 is a critical element in IT security. We can spend millions on hardware and software, and still be foiled easily through phishing, at little cost to the people doing the phishing. We need to train end users.
Read Don Ringelestein's full review
PETER LENAHAN | TrustRadius Reviewer
We purchased 2 modules. The first module is company wide and deals with social engineering, and phishing, The second product was a programmer security training course. Even though we had these training courses, some people still made mistakes and we were hit with a ransomware attack. The need for this training is really important, and the need to take the courses repeatedly becomes even more apparent when even after the training is provided, people still do not behave in a manner taught in the modules immediately. It needs to be reinforced several times to actually implement the change in behavior needed to secure an organization.
  • The presentation are entertaining, and well organized.
  • The courses do not criticize the current behavior of people they show you how mistakes are made without making people feel stupid.
  • They are not rapid slides, and allow you to resume your session at a later time.
  • When I went through the Programmer training, KnowBe4 responded well to comment I made along the way. I believe that all the issues I reported were quickly resolved.
I think all the material was well targeted for even the novice computer user.
They explain the "CON" of Phishing attacks very well.
Again, we have not used another provider
Read PETER LENAHAN's full review
Rajat Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training has been instrumental in inculcating security consciousness into the behavior of employees at GlobalSign. We have been using it for the last three years for the entire organization. KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training really thinks out of the box while developing training content which not only engages people more but also develops their interest in our security program (which otherwise would be considered a boring topic among a wider audience). The phishing campaigns that we run inside our organization using KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training have greatly impacted the employees. People became more cautious while dealing with suspicious emails. One major challenge which our organization faced was to have quality training content in multiple languages, especially in Japanese and Chinese. Being a U.S.-based organization, KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training has addressed that problem.
  • Content quality
  • Variety of content
  • Wonderful support
  • Multilingual
  • More training for technical staff
  • Live instructor-led trainings
  • Ability to create our own assessments and surveys
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training is well-suited if you are looking for quality content and want to develop security as a behavior in your employees. The phishing tests are one of the best and incredibly easy to use with little or no training.

The training is less suited if you compare its features with established LMS platforms. I wish I could replace it fully with my LMS. Right now I have to download SCORM content and use it within our LMS
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training is always open to hear back from its customers and maintains wonderful support. I have never observed any case that went unanswered or unaddressed. Even if they don't have the answer, they take time to investigate, consult with their superiors, and always come back with solution. The support articles published on their website are very easy to understand and require little or no in-person support. The customer success manager also tries to help out with random queries.
I firmly believe content quality is the USP of KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training that makes it stand ahead of its peers. The easy-to-navigate portal dashboards will give a true picture of where your organization stands in terms of security awareness. The variety of content includes newsletters, videos, trainings, and posters, which give lot of options to design functional a security program in the organization--an otherwise daunting task.
We always look forward to the fresh training released by KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training every month. The "Inside Man" series has had a great impact. Our employees really enjoyed the content and are always asking for more, which, as a security professional, gives me a great sense of satisfaction seeing the success of security awareness training program. I always believe the more your people are aware, the more they will be able to save your organization from the bad actors, and KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training has lived up to our expectations.
Read Rajat Gupta's full review
Albert Hew | TrustRadius Reviewer
We incorporate KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training as part of our cybersecurity strategy. It helps us to address potential social engineering threats. We dispatch the KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training regularly across the entire company. We are happy with the product. Its features, user-friendly GUI, training contents, and most importantly, the highly committed technical support team are compelling reasons that I want to recommend it.
  • Phishing simulation
  • Training
  • PhishER
  • The access speed in China is slow
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training integrates well with Office365, Gmail, and other platforms via an API key, which bodes well for my company requirements to get everyone working under a different platform. There are also many reports available for diagnostic purposes. Launching a simulated phishing attack in different languages is made easy by KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training. I hope to see more content in multiple languages.
The CSMs and the technical director are exceptionally helpful.
I am very happy with the design and overall usability.
As an IT leader, my hands are full with the business continuity and many other priorities. The ability to access a trusted source with up-to-date training contents helps me and my management made smart and quicker decisions in confronting cybersecurity threats.
Read Albert Hew's full review
November 12, 2020
Humaira Fatima | TrustRadius Reviewer
LMS Department and also entire organization for trainings. It makes security easier by pushing appropriate trainings for users.
KnowBe4 provided us with solutions that met our needs as a global, multi-lingual organization. They placed a strong emphasis on communication and were available and very responsive throughout the project. They were refreshingly honest about available solutions and helps us to navigate issues to achieve the best possible outcome. We've been really pleased with the products they have created and look forward to continuing to work with them. They communicate well and made good efforts to ensure that as newcomers to the area of e-learning, we were informed.
  • Customer support.
  • App upgrades and change log.
  • Help center!!!
  • PhishER.
It is good for phishing campaigns for users. The PhishER is a little confusing for investigation. We've had very little to criticise in our work.
The support has been real helpful.
It's user friendly, and help docs are very helpful.
There was an option to purchase the training content, which we had to opt for to get vast variety of training content. We've found them to be wholly responsive to that and in our subsequent projects with them we have seen that feedback fully actioned.
Read Humaira Fatima's full review
November 11, 2020
William Bush | TrustRadius Reviewer
KnowBe4 is being used to help educate users on how to spot when something is not right with an email. To also help the understand that you should not just click a link, and to think through the process of is this email from a legitimate source. And that when in doubt to ask first, before they click it.
  • Very good at helping you get started in the process.
  • Willing to spend the time with you to make the biggest impact you can.
  • Provide lessons for users that need further training.
  • Honestly can't think of one.
KnowB4 provides the tools to help train your coworkers, but it will only work if you have the support and understanding of your companies leadership. I find that even if you do not have 100% buy-in from your administration, most people are glad to see that you are watching out for them. As this training not only helps them at work but also in their daily life.
They are beyond helpful for answering questions, they will also bug you (in a good way) to make sure you are using the product to the fullest.
It's easy to set up and automate, run in the background.
The impact is people who used to just click everything are now starting to think about their clicks.
Read William Bush's full review
November 11, 2020
Greg Joiner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use KnowBe4 for IT security training specifically for detecting, alerting and TESTING our users to be security conscious.
  • Phishing testing.
  • Phishing reporting.
  • IT security training.
  • BAD URL detection.
  • Security awareness.
  • Allow more 'safe' URLS in the second chance tool - 100 is great but we could use a little more.
Phishing testing of your users.
Phishing and general IT security awareness and training.
Very responsive, fast, professional and knowledgeable about their products.
A refreshing change compared to other vendors.
But little help is needed since the application usage documentation, videos and training is thorough but complete.
The interface is logical and makes sense, so most of the time documentation or advance training is not even required - THIS IS PRICELESS!
A very logical interface for such a complex project.
Read Greg Joiner's full review
travis brun | TrustRadius Reviewer
When building a company from the ground up the main focus of a security manager is foundations. When you implemental basic Security fundamentals it makes the enforcement of actions both swifter, and easier. Having limited man power for that enforcement is very common, that's where this training helps. In building out a training curriculum for the company the stress is otherwise eliminated.
  • Relatable subject matter.
  • Current trends.
  • Active engagement with audience.
  • Requires a long period of time.
  • Not a lot of ease of access.
  • Pretty cheesy.
Within the realm of security you're going to meet like minded individuals but not one person has a similar training plan in terms of awareness and educations. This training takes broad strokes at showing users the key fundamentals on how to implement the most basic of skills into everyday routines creating a stronger focus.
Customer support in today's world is critical in every facet of one's career. When someone doesn't build that rapport within their organization you just become a number, cold, lifeless, expendable number. With the support team at KnowBe4 I don't have that issue; my questions are answered, my requests get fulfilled and I'm left with a budding relationship to create more.
In my work culture I have over 500 users from all over the world with varying types of learning behaviors. I stress to everyone that a PhD engineer and a Tradecraft plumber do not engage, understand or learn the same way. This training gives me the opportunity to adjust and engage those users easier and more confidently.
So as I stated before coming from the Federal/Army way of learning all practices are about 3-5 years behind the learning curves. I was pleasantly surprised the content and articles for training within the KnowBe4 training program remained so fresh and up to date even with the ever evolving and changing environment we experience today.
Read travis brun's full review
Calvin Tracy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using the software to train our employees in what and what not to do in regards to their City emails.
  • The KnowBe4 security awareness training helps to bring awareness to cyber security and how important it is.
  • The KnowBe4 training points out that cyber security incorporates all employees that use a computer and have email.
  • The KnowBe4 training helps to expose what exactly you know about cyber security and what you don't.
  • Some participants had difficulties in logging back in.
  • Some participants had trouble going back into the program when they didn't get a chance to finish and had to come back to it.
  • Some participants didn't understand the questions on the test, it was too technical for them.
The KnowBe4 training helped to generate calls into the IT Department. Our users actually thought about what they were reading instead of just clicking on the content of their email. They checked with us to see if the email was an attack or if they were legitimate. The training also helped to educate our users better than an email sent by us.
It was very helpful in training our users.
The training has heightened the awareness of our users and helped them determine what plan of action to use when a questionable email enters their mailbox. The content has also helped us in the IT Department sharpen our skills in maintaining cyber security for our city and its employees.
Read Calvin Tracy's full review
Giuseppe Robbiano | TrustRadius Reviewer
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training is used across the whole organization. It allows us easily to set training campaigns for our whole user base, and also targeted training campaigns based on the type of users we have (clickers, attachment downloaders, etc.).
  • Easy-to-use interface.
  • Training content.
  • Tailored reminders.
It is very well suited for launching mock attacks, engaging interactive web-based training, and continuous assessment through simulated phishing, vishing and smishing attacks to build a more resilient and secure organization.
KnowBe4 support has been very good and quick helping us implement the KnowBe4 solution in just a few days. We got assigned a Customer Success Manager from the beginning, who has been great in getting their support group engaged from the start.
We use KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training 24x7 and it has been a great help on getting cyber threats at bay. Extremely easy to use and great features and content.
It is key for us to be able to get fresh training content in front of our users periodically, both at work and for personal use with their family and friends (there is a home course that comes with KnowBe4's solution).
Read Giuseppe Robbiano's full review
Isaac Fankhauser | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use KnowBe4 because of all the all the attacks recently. We have seen a dramatic drop in number of clicks after our employees do their training classes. We use it across the whole company, from the CEO to the janitor. They all do the same training and all get the same test emails. It is useful to everyone.
  • Easy.
  • Fast.
  • Educational.
  • Professional looking.
  • Too good.
  • Hard to tell it's from them.
This is perfect for everyone in the company that will be using a computer at any time, and especially if they have any kind of email access. The other nice thing is that it applies to everyday life for our users and keeps them safe outside of work life.
We used the support people to increase our testing to monthly testing and we were able to link our AD to our account so users could be enrolled just by giving them an AD group. It has made the onboarding process super easy.
It is very easy for users, as they just need to do the training and then put the training into practice by not clicking on things. It is very easy for us as admins to use and set up as well.
The training content stays fresh and relevant.
Read Isaac Fankhauser's full review
Ernesto Scarpato | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training] to train our colleagues to spot Phishing attacks.
  • Simple to follow.
  • Ease of use.
  • Relevant content.
  • Some of the videos enactments are a little cheesy.
  • Multi language would be nice.
  • More updates are always welcome.
Highly technical people really don't need this in my opinion, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Read Ernesto Scarpato's full review
Chris Goodhue | TrustRadius Reviewer
[KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training is] great at testing users at phishing test. Great training modules as well.
  • Phishing test
  • Training
  • tracking results
  • Phish report button could use more features
  • Second chance button broken
[KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training is] great at automation and tracking of training results.
Brought phishing results down.
Read Chris Goodhue's full review
November 29, 2020
A baseline campaign was deployed for entire organization but we are able to target specific departments for phishing campaigns. This program does raise social engineering awareness. With our baseline results, we were able to target specific users for remediation and craft specific training programs for these users to improve their overall security awareness.
  • Makes interesting training videos
  • Uses convincing methods to raise social engineering awareness
  • Makes performing a phishing campaign very easy
  • Use of the phishing button makes reporting spam a breeze
  • UI improvements
[KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training] works great for simulated phishing campaigns and raising end user awareness. This is suited for IT Security professionals that want to see what the current security aptitude of the end users is at. In KnowBe4 [Security Awareness Training] we are able to manage all users with very granular details in the simulated phishing campaign details. I think some of the scenarios where it is less appropriate is that it tries to be too cute with some of their landing pages. I understand humor can help in some situations but for security I'm not sure that it is appropriate
I've worked with KnowBe4 [Security Awareness Training] support for a couple of tickets and I work with our sales manager. Our sales manager is terrific and is always available to meet or talk. When I've reached out to support they've resolved and responded to our issues in a very timely manner. They have been wonderful to work.
KnowBe4 [Security Awareness Training] does a great job with offering a variety of different ways to improve end user security awareness. Through the campaigns themselves, it raises awareness by walking a fine line when a user clicks on a link. We do not want to shame or discourage people from security by clicking on links but I think this product does a good job of informing a user of what they did rather than shaming them. This makes the product very usable.
We are just ramping out the training content portion of KnowBe4 [Security Awareness Training]. Right now we have a few training videos for new hires when they start. We are going to expand this to make training content to be available to everyone on demand whenever they want it. This won't be a mandatory training but will be good to reinforce people that did not pass the phishing campaign.
November 24, 2020
We use the security awareness training module to provide consistent training across the organization to meet our compliance requirements for our security plan. It's being used to help avoid potential problems by making our users keenly aware of the dangers that can affect our organization through phishing and other email scams.
  • You can track each user or group's compliance so you know if everyone has been trained or not.
  • The software offers a customized setup for each campaign including custom email notifications.
  • The library offers a wide range of videos that cover many current topics of interest.
  • User management can be difficult to maintain.
  • Phishing campaigns can be thwarted by Gmail's internal security features.
  • My users appreciate the training videos with some user interaction so more of those would be nice.
The training videos are easy to understand, even for non-technical users, so everyone benefits and gets something from the training.
Two reasons. Every time I've asked for help they have responded quickly and they continue to help and investigate until I have an answer. Secondly, they are proactive by setting up quarterly "check-in" meetings, and having conversations about my satisfaction with the software.
Users are able to complete their training online using a variety of devices and OS. We have never had a technical issue with KnowBe4 software and training solution.
I think it keeps our users engaged to hear about different technologies and different scenarios that they might encounter. The training videos we've used are not boring but engaging.
February 03, 2021
This platform is used by the entire company, including in different countries like Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, some countries in Europe, and the United States. We decided to implement it because we detected that our users had a poor knowledge of cyber risks and we would like to teach them how to be aware of all different kinds of attacks.
  • Powerful content
  • Easy setup
  • Excellent costumer service
  • More content in different languages
  • Improved reporting tool
  • Predefined campaigns
We have multiple users from several countries. It is so easy to create groups and keep them organized but if you are using a less common language, there is less content. They should translate as much as possible. There are important features to cover everything that is linked to awareness training and the content is very up to date.
Users are very motivated to perform any training activity because there are different kinds of content like series (videos), games, and posters, so people enjoy learning using them. Our learning percentage increased so quickly after a couple of months and our clicker percentage reduced by 35% after 3 months.
January 25, 2021
It is used for widespread awareness building about malware. It addresses the problem of possible risks to organizational assets created by malware. The intent is to equip the global workforce to detect possible malicious emails or approaches and counter them with preventive mechanisms. I found this training module to be useful for that purpose.
  • Providing example situations
  • Explaining concepts and their context in simple terms
  • Providing specific suggestions for prevention of risks.
  • There could be more typical examples from realistic work context
It is well suited in describing familiar contexts from a regular work environment. The delivery is articulate, easy-paced and easy to understand. There is thoughtful input on explaining terms and terminology.
I did not find any inappropriate scenarios. So on the whole the content is good, and just right-sized for the purpose.
I do not know for sure but I can imagine that there is a profusion of choices available, which is good for the overall need. However it requires careful curation and selection from the available profusion, which requires expert attention and substantial time and effort. This is something that was provided by the appropriate specialist functions in the company.

What is KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training?

KnowBe4 is a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. The vendor reports that is used by more than 28,000 organizations around the globe. Founded by IT and data security specialist Stu Sjouwerman, KnowBe4's goal is to help organizations address the human element of security by raising awareness about ransomware, CEO fraud, and other social engineering tactics through a new-school approach to awareness training on security. Kevin Mitnick, KnowBe4's Chief Hacking Officer, helped design the KnowBe4 training based on his own documented social engineering tactics. KnowBe4 aims to mobilize an organization's end users as the last line of defense.

The vendor touts that KnowBe4 is number 96 on the list Inc. 500 for 2018, number 34 on 2018’s Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, and 2nd place in Cybersecurity Ventures Cybersecurity 500. KnowBe4 is headquartered in Tampa Bay, Florida, with offices in Brazil, England, the Netherlands, Germany, South Africa and Singapore and newly acquired CLTRe in Oslo, Norway.

KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Features

Has featureIntegrated Security Awareness Training and Simulated Phishing Platform
Has featureWorld's Largest Library of Security Awareness Training Content
Has featureRandom Attack Delivery for Simulated Phishing Tests
Has featureSocial Engineering Indicators for Point-of-Failure Training
Has featureAdvanced Reporting with 60+ Built-In Reports

KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Screenshots

KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Videos (4)

Watch Get an insider's view of KnowBe4

Gold20.75per seat
Platinum24.50per seat
Diamond29.50per seat
PhishER$9per seat

There are four subscription levels: Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. Each level is priced per user with a sliding scale based on number of users. To see current pricing, visit: https://www.knowbe4.com/pricing-kevin-mitnick-security-awareness-training

KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Customer Size Distribution