Reviews (1-12 of 12)
- The videos and testing scenarios are easy to follow and very entertaining.
- The material is simplified, using easy to understand vocabulary while thoroughly addressing privacy and security topics.
- The materials our IT team can choose from are very detailed and we can select each session based on what we are addressing every month.
- The videos, although entertaining tend to be a bit silly, almost juvenile.
- Most of the modules are very short and I think it may be a bit more beneficial for retention if there were more detailed quizzes at the end of each.
- There are sometimes technology "glitches" where the context won't load. KnowBe4, however, has been very responsive to remedy this issue.
- Offers wide-range of options for easily phish testing users. The templates mimic the kind of real-world threats we are seeing which makes it effective.
- Provides high-quality security training content that raises awareness and gives practical direction to users on how to avoid risks. This content is being continually refreshed and updated. I'm pretty picky about content and I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of what KnowBe4 provides.
- Tracks everything! User clicks, training progress, trends over time, etc. This gives you the ability to see exactly who is doing what and whether or not the product is being effective.
- Provides a complete interactive, online checklist for how to configure a comprehensive testing and training program on the platform. Walks you through every step of this which is very helpful. If you follow their plan, the results will come.
- If I tried really hard, I might be able to come up with some suggestions for improvement, but it would be very nit picky stuff. KnowBe4 has built a really nice platform that honestly amazes me with its flexibility, features and value.
- Easy to set up. In less than an hour, I had my entire organization scheduled for training and simulated phishing attacks for the entire year.
- Integrates with Active Directory and SSO. No more creating accounts in more than one place. Once it is created from AD, it automatically enrolls new staff into their first training.
- Reporting and Metrics are tools that are straight forward and easy to explain. The information is presented to the company quarterly so staff can see how they are doing and it becomes a "teachable moment" between IT and staff.
- I have no cons to list. Everyone should be using this product.
- Working to fully understand our needs up front and provide guidance on the product on the front end helped in our decision making process.
- Assistance in the implementation was an area that KnowBe4 hit a home run for our situation. The product was intuitive to follow, but as with learning anything complex, it is helpful to have a guide for the first time.
- Follow through has been unexpectedly consistent and thorough. Typically, I find vendors are great to work with in the beginning and even follow up in the short term, but KnowBe4 has been surprisingly consistent in following up to ensure our satisfaction, and that the use of the product meets our needs.
- The area of reporting can always be improved upon and that is no exception from KnowBe4. Fortunately, that is an area they have be working on over the past year and I am happy to see the improvements.
- Another area that could be improved is to model a suggested plan to utilize their product. Not just the implementation timeline, but an actual example curriculum as a baseline. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to pick a path for use of the product with so many choices.
- Better notification of new material that is relevant to my specific needs. That is to know better my needs in the world of education and how they differ from say a corporate environment.
- On-line education at a user level
- Testing of users at various levels
- Remeditation testing
- We have not gotten all the way to the most difficult level with our phishing tests but the URL that is used is pretty easy to determine as one of their and not a legitimate one.
- Easy to sync our users with their platform to on-board people very easily.
- Very easy to enroll people in additional training if they fail a phishing test.
- Lots of options to select from for training and phishing tests.
- I really don't see areas right now where they need to improve.
- The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program includes various interactive training modules to explain and test users on what they are learning. As you progress through the training and testing you can see your risk factor go down for the company.
- The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program includes various resources such as posters that can be printed out and put up in a workplace to further reinforce the training being provided.
- The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program can also do Vishing testing where automated phone calls are placed to try and get sensitive information from the user.
- The KnowBe4 Enterprise Awareness Training Program has a great setup system that tracks your progress in getting the system running with testing, training, testing again, scheduling to ensure it can run itself and give you test results.
- A small issue we have is that the dates are set as US format only, even though they provide the service globally so allowing users to change this would make it nicer to use.
- A lot of the content is still very US centric, which isn't terrible but there are some differences in language that leave some users scratching their head if they aren't aware of both meanings.
- Training end users on security threats with constantly updated content
- Phish testing platform that allows me to identify users that may need remedial training
- Track user completion of training, with automated emails to managers and administrative staff
- Recommend and help deploy effective security policies with real life threats in mind
- I would like to have more access to the phishing test data so that I can run reports more easily. I do it now by exporting results to CSV and create the reports from that. Could be easier with better access to the data
- I would like data on who is clicking the Phish Alert buttons, when they are doing it, and what the email subject lines are, so I can track how effective my users are on REAL phishing
- The free tools offered to potential new clients should be made freely available to current subscribers without having to fill out the marketing form
The training, coming from a former hacker, explained how easily people can get hacked and what is of value. This was just what I needed to get my users to pay attention to this threat. Following up with a tool that helps me keep my users on their toes is perfect. KnowBe4 makes a lot of sense for any organization big or small. In fact the smaller ones may need it more than the bigger organizations. I know small businesses tend to run on tight budgets, but if they can swing it I recommend that they pay attention.
If an organization already has a mature end user training program and has a way to monitor how well their users are performing, as well as up to date security policies, then perhaps it is not needed, but could still be useful for tracking compliance.
Working in the healthcare field, we are very susceptible to Ransomware and other cyber attacks and hackers are getting even more advanced where it is hard to detect if this is a scam or real. We knew we had to educate our employees in cyber security so we looked into KnowBe4. The training provided to our employees is invaluable and I hear many employees state that they really enjoy the training; it doesn't just apply to our work life, it applies to our whole life.
The phishing campaigns have also been a success. By sending out random phishing emails, employees are more in tune to watch all their emails coming in and several have brought questionable emails to me to validate.
Lastly, managing this program is so easy. KnowBe4 representatives have been quick to help me and have walked me through on how to automatically set up random campaigns. I get notices regularly, keeping me up to date on who has and who hasn't completed their training so I can send out reminders.
I would recommend KnowBe4 to any facility; it will truly save you money in the long run!
- On-going training in cybersecurity is a crucial thing in today's technical arena and we train ALL of our employees on what things to look for in an email, websites, connecting to WiFi, etc.
- We can set up training campaigns to be on-going automatically and we get reporting on who has done them or who hasn't. We can tell if they click on a phish, etc.
- We try to make it fun and interesting with the games they have to teach employees about different areas of security. KnowBe4 also provided us with a longer training video to send home to employees' friends and families.
- They have the most excellent customer support and training!! Wonderful!
- Setting up the training campaigns can be tricky, but once you do a few it's not hard.
- Re-sending a campaign to employees that didn't do it is tricky as well. Practice with this helps a lot. They have great support to help.
KnowBe4 Scorecard Summary
The vendor touts that KnowBe4 is number 96 on the list Inc. 500 for 2018, number 34 on 2018’s Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, and 2nd place in Cybersecurity Ventures Cybersecurity 500. KnowBe4 is headquartered in Tampa Bay, Florida, with offices in Brazil, England, the Netherlands, Germany, South Africa and Singapore and newly acquired CLTRe in Oslo, Norway.
KnowBe4 Videos (4)
There are four subscription levels: Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. Each level is priced per user with a sliding scale based on number of users. To see current pricing, visit: https://www.knowbe4.com/pricing-kevin-mitnick-security-awareness-training
KnowBe4 Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||75%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
KnowBe4 Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
KnowBe4 Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|