Reviews (1-25 of 130)
- Easy to setup.
- Quick access for users.
- Many topics and categories of training.
- Support is easy to contact and highly responsive.
- Adding a way to make your own quizzes or questions would help.
- Moving between menus could be optimized.
- The quality/difficulty of email testing has improved over the year and is now quite challenging for staff and students.
- The webinar topics have been informative and helpful, though not always suitable for my timezone.
- The communication with us as clients has been consistent and of good quality. I do not auto file them without reading them.
- I do not feel that we are getting the most out of our subscription and it would be helpful to have some suggestive templates of approaches to utilize all of the elements of KnowBe4 that relate to our industry (K-12 school) as opposed to a corporate company.
- I appreciate that the time difference to our location does impose limitations, but similar to the above comment, feedback sessions on how we are using KnowBe4 compared to similar organizations (or best practice) would be a beneficial addition to the subscription.
- Along a similar line, and where I am getting most pushback from our staff, is how to utilize the training resources, particularly post clicking a test email, to be seen as beneficial and not a punishment.
Our lack of change to implement effective use of the new training resources nearly had the program canceled as staff had complained to the principal about 'click' based training assignments during the working from home period. So again some support and guidance can help to ensure its continued adoption.
- Teaches the common characteristics of phishing attacks.
- Teaches how to identify a phishing attack.
- Increases awareness of cyber security in general.
- Alerts administration to employees that repeatedly fail phishing attacks.
- Integrates with Active Directory but takes a bit of effort to do so correctly. Their support will help with this
- Phishing campaigns can take a bit of time to setup. Their support will help with this.
- I wish that training options were easier to setup for motivated learners who want to get more training without requiring additional setup.
- The training gave good examples of phishing/spam. It explained it in a way that was understandable to all levels of staff, either the computer proficient or to the computer confused.
- They do offer to let you download the training so it can be incorporated into other training programs that you may already have developed. IE Scorm files.
- The training is a go at your own pace and can be retaken at any time if your end-user would like.
- The system allows auto-enrollment of users to the program and the training campaigns from Active Directory.
- One downside is that they have content levels, where not all training are available unless you pay more. To get the training I want, I have to pay for some I will never use.
- Most of the offered posters that would be put up in the break room are not appropriate to a church office as we are. But with the wide variety, I was able to find several that were approved to post and use.
- With a complicated Active Directory structure, it can be difficult to get the users imported.
- With the auto-enrollment of AD groups, if you rename a group, it will remove the users from the system, then if you read it might tell them to take all the training over.
- Provides detailed metrics on phishing campaign results.
- Provides industry average phishing metrics for similar-sized organizations in the same industry sector.
- Provides a way to link employee training activities with performance on phishing campaigns.
- There are a significant number of materials in the Modstore that are only available in the highest license tier (Platinum). The extent of the material that is only in Platinum was not explained during the sales process. It would behoove KnowBe4 to make some of this material available to lower license tiers or to mask entirely from ModStore searches all material not accessible in the current enterprise license.
- When the same training module is included in different training campaigns, the employee sees that module listed multiple times. This is confusing and it would be better to only show it once or allow the admin to choose whether it displays multiple times.
- Multiple times I have chosen 'Current events' or similar phishing categories, only to see phishing emails sent out during that campaign that are outdated, i.e. the event mentioned in the phishing email happened in the past. Stale content significantly weakens the effectiveness of a phishing email.
- There is no option to end a campaign only after all employees have received their scheduled simulated phishing email. It's important in our organization for transparency and fairness that all employees receive the same number of simulated phishing emails.
We used other products before t=we tried KnowBe4 - but we wont be changing anytime soon - GREAT PRODUCT!
- Easy to customize and use, both for testing and education.
- Fire and forget usage. Turn it on and read the report when its done.
- Target specific areas\groups that are either more susceptible or where failure would have greater impact.
- Not much change would be needed. Some branding changes for some of the products would be nice - like organizational branding of infographic posters.
- Phishing Campaigns: KnowBe4 helps to train our staff members to spot phishing emails; which is often one of the biggest risk factors.
- Modules: the modules are engaging and there are a variety to keep staff interested.
- Reminder emails: The ability to set up automatic reminder emails allowed us to have a great rate of completion for staff. It really allowed staff & supervisors to self-discipline and ensure the training was being completed. As an Admin, I didn't have to hound people to finish, they just did it themselves!
- Not really a con but an item to note. It doesn't work well with IE, but we were transitioning staff to more current platforms anyway. It works great with Google Chrome! Because of our lag in transition, some staff using IE had troubles with some modules. But again, we needed to transition them off of it anyway.
- Easy, intuitive
- Automated: Configure a campaign, set the target audience, and the system does the rest.
- Tracking responses.
- Report and analyzing results.
- Allow more customization of content.
- Allow more personalization and branding.
- Security Awareness Training Campaign Setup
- Customizing the types of test phishing emails we want to send
- Integration with Active Directory
- The Phish Awareness Button has had mutliple problems over the time we have had KnowBe4 in our school district
- Full integration into AD would be great
- The completion process of the training campaign has confused some of our users.
Any district that is cash strapped might balk at adding KnowBe4. The price has increased considerably since we started in 2015.
- Enables you to see a snapshot of how prone your organization and users are to phishing and email trickery
- Enables you to customize a training program that fits your organization and users to train your users to become better at spotting these suspicious emails
- Allows our team to have a central learning repository for security-related training
- Allows our team to have a central repository for security policies that need to be read and acknowledged
- I would like to be able to update all parts of an in-progress training campaign.
- FAQ for common end-user issues so my end-users do not have to open support cases for common issues
- Support for end-users that is in an obvious place for the users to see
- Up-to-date email template
- Great training and videos
- Friendly customer service
- Easy to use
- Improve the website to be more user friendly. The website and portal need a little bit to be easy to use. It is a great portal, but sometimes, too much data on one page makes the user confused.
- Engaging videos to inform and educate with thoughtful testing modules.
- Phishing examples that are easily modified to test and keep our employees sharp.
- Outlook plugin for reporting suspicious emails.
- Reporting of testing and user engagement to include reporting of suspicious emails.
- Dashboard reporting would be nice to see.
- Reporting of malware is nice but automation with security tools would be great.
- Helps identify the types of threats employees will face.
- Points out the characteristics of phishing emails.
- Gives concrete examples of misleading emails.
- I'd like to see more quizzes to test participant knowledge, before and after the training.
- More examples of "bad" emails.
- Could address specific types of emails sent to particular groups such as accounting.
- Huge library of training and simulation material to use in the Mod Store.
- Material and content are updated weekly and have phishing simulations for current events based on what is reported to KnowBe4 from all customers.
- Exceptional support and knowledge base.
- Low price point compared to competitors and value is exceptional.
- Step-by-step guides on setting up the entire program based on your specific business needs.
- Free materials and blog content is always up to date and relevant.
- The best software company I have ever worked with from sales, to support, to management.
- They have an AI component that is in Beta, would love to see it fully implemented.
- PhishER automated activities could be better.
- Once a campaign starts, it is hard to make changes without starting over.
- Phishing tests: The templates are comprehensive.
- Phishing follow up: The combination of phishing landing pages and remedial training is great.
- Cyber security training: Broad selection of training courses.
- Notification for customers regarding changes, particularly of CSV files.
- Need more role varieties, specifically, we need users who can see what admins see without editing permissions. This can be done with KB4's security roles, but it is cumbersome.
- Amazing customer service. Our rep constantly monitors our campaigns and helps keep us up to date.
- Prenominal content. They constantly keep their content for training and simulated phishing emails up to date.
- Easy to use. The portal is a breeze to get training and other campaigns up and running.
- I honestly can't find anything wrong with KnowBe4.
- Training videos are succinct and relevant to today's issue. This helps keep our staff in a constant security awareness mode.
- Monthly testing done against our organization with recommendations for improvement. This helps keep our staff in a constant security awareness mode.
- A wide range of security awareness training & tools are made available to our staff. This helps keep our staff in a constant security awareness mode with this diversity.
- Some of the questions provided after the training courses could be more difficult to answer.
- Some courses, not all, could contain more depth of content and challenge staff more.
- Other than that, we are satisfied with your services.
- Excellent simulated emails based on common sites.
- Focused training when a user clicks on a phishing email that KnowBe4 generated.
- Excellent training videos for additional information.
- Sometimes the email address is too obvious and makes a fake easy to spot.
- Depending on the security you use for email, some of the Phishing emails will hit spam.
- Also depending on your email security some of the email headers are exposed and show KnowBe4 in them.
- Managing employees/phishing/and training is easily coordinated and streamlined with KnowBe4's SmartGroups.
- Phishing templates and training modules are constantly being added by KnowBe4.
- Customer Support is provided in a very timely manner.
- The features are enhanced on an ongoing basis in response to customer suggestions.
- I think there should be additional user types, for example, non-admins that can see, but not change, enterprise-level data. The current provision for this (security roles) is cumbersome.
- .CSV files available for download are changed from time to time. Changes should be communicated to customers in advance.
- Excellent pre-created campaigns.
- Excellent educational content and video.
- Easy to use.
- Really comprehensive launch support.
- Great follow-up support as well.
- Could be less expensive, it is a premium price, but it's also a premium product.
- They could offer more price/product tiers.
- Other integration with common security platforms like Cisco umbrella.
- Having a great functional and implementable product.
- Having service excellence in your Technical Support department. They have promptly met all of my concerns presented.
- Having quality staff and knowledge base resources to address many of my concerns in implementing my ASAP (Automated Security Awareness Program).
- Being associated with Kevin and using him in the training modules makes this real and a priority.
- There is need for improvement in the Knowledge Base information.
- It appears that as upgrades occur the KBs aren't updated.
- The dashboard should have more and changeable graphs.
- Security Awareness Training
- Phishing Assessments
- Reporting for seeing which employees may need additional training based on risk.
- Frequently updating content based on today's threats.
- I can't think of any areas to improve. They do pretty well in all areas.
A very important item I would look at if you are considering KnowBe4 is to evaluate the massive amounts of content that is available for training your end users provided by them. Yes, you can save money by finding your own content but in all actuality, their content is amazing and goes above and beyond when it comes to finding the perfect style and content.
KnowBe4 provides great reporting capability for us to track our employees training activities and reporting on phishing testing results.
Additionally, KnowBe4 provides a great functionality that can be embedded in Outlook for employees to report suspected phishing emails with a click.
- KnowBe4 has a number of training modules available from cyber security fundamentals to phishing training.
- Functionality to report suspected phishing emails with a click.
- Great reporting capability.
- Better reporting capability for customers to change reporting to suit their requirements.
- Phishing landing page should allow customers to change and add our branding.
- Automatic escalation email to managers when employees haven't completed training and the ability to assign training as part of the test campaign so as soon as a user fails a test they get a training link.
- Keeps them aware of the types of phishing.
- Gives them good examples of what they may see.
- Tests them to make sure they aren't clicking on phishing attempts.
- Some of the training classes are a little bit long. They could make them shorter.
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Scorecard Summary
About KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training
The vendor touts that KnowBe4 is number 96 on the list Inc. 500 for 2018, number 34 on 2018’s Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, and 2nd place in Cybersecurity Ventures Cybersecurity 500. KnowBe4 is headquartered in Tampa Bay, Florida, with offices in Brazil, England, the Netherlands, Germany, South Africa and Singapore and newly acquired CLTRe in Oslo, Norway.
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Screenshots
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Videos (4)
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Downloadables
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
There are four subscription levels: Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. Each level is priced per user with a sliding scale based on number of users. To see current pricing, visit: https://www.knowbe4.com/pricing-kevin-mitnick-security-awareness-training
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||75%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|