Overall Satisfaction with LabTech
We use LabTech as a RMM tool to help delivery and integrate our Managed Services catalogue for clients. It has become an essential tool for supporting our Service Desk operations and proactive maintenance to our clients. LabTech is used by other departments of our company to help gather information or assess situations when going on prom is not optimal. Being able to support our clients and their end users from the background has been vital to our company and changed the way we do business.
- Provides a ticket based system that integrates directly into the user's computer for easy access to Ticket Submissions.
- Provides a remote connection tool, ScreenConnect, that is amazing to use.
- Provides a very technical approach to managing computers and servers.
- Powerful reporting and auditing features.
- Cloud partners have issues with infrastructre stability and reliability.
- Broken agents need self remediation for when they have been offline for too long.
- Number of built in scripts, screens, modules don't work completley.
- Patch Manager needs serious attention.
- Its plain and simple - The ROI is in the fact that you can manage multiple clients, with multiple machines from one location. You can't do that with on prom engineers.
- Working on things remotely has freed up our time for on prom engineers to focus on larger issues or projects - while our Service Desk can handle Desktop Support.
- Moving to a remote model requires a larger investment in supporting a Service Desk.
From what I know - LabTech appears to be the most robust platform on the market and the most technical one as well. We have not tried any others up to this point. We selected LabTech because of the integration it has with ConnectWise and other existing products that we use.
Suited well for an MSP that is managing multiple clients with workstations and servers at multiple sites. Less appropriate for an internal tool to a 1 person IT department. Would not recommend to someone who does not have a technical background - Need to have a firm understanding of computers, networking, etc.
LabTech online training is very very thorough in training and helping individuals understand the theory and practical side of using a Remote Monitoring & Management. The training has multiple methods of explaining each section which helps to re-enforce everything about the Training Modules. I have had some Engineers lose their interest after a number of modules because they said that it was too much, that was too similar. I've found that the training is tailored towards a technical background but the Sales training does help NON technical individuals familiarize themselves with the Remote Monitoring and Management components and how it relates to Managed Services.