Updated October 15, 2019
Score 4 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
We are an advertising agency, with many B2B clients looking to do digital advertising. LinkedIn Marketing Solutions is used for many of our clients, due to the robust professional targeting available, as well as the unique ad formats (such as Sponsored InMail). LinkedIn advertising provides options for targeting that are unavailable on other platforms.
- Great professional-based audience targeting
- Great ad formats that are unobtrusive and native in appearance
- Great customer support and feedback for campaign optimization tips & tricks
- LinkedIn's campaign management platform is not very robust.
- LinkedIn's campaign management platform is extremely glitchy.
- LinkedIn's campaign management platform could use more robust targeting options - like more specific geos, more locations, etc.
- LinkedIn ads have improved engagement and brand awareness
- LinkedIn ads have improved lead volume
- LinkedIn ads have improved lead quality
- LinkedIn ads have improved event attendance
LinkedIn is phenomenal in comparison in terms of the data and analytics they provide to you. No other platform tells you the names of the companies of users who clicked on your ads or visited your website, or anything like that. Website analytics provided by LinkedIn are phenomenal. The campaign management platform, however, is less than desirable - very glitchy and not user-friendly.
LinkedIn is GREAT if you have B2B clients, or want to reach audiences that have specific professional traits you can identify them with. We actually have some higher education clients who use it - not because they're targeting professionals, but because sometimes students will have careers or previous education listed in LinkedIn, and they can target them that way. But all in all, LinkedIn is great for professional audience targeting.