My Latest Litmus Review
March 29, 2019
My Latest Litmus Review
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Litmus
Litmus is currently being used at our organization by the Marketing department. More specifically, the tool is used by our Email Marketing team. 2-3 Email Marketing Managers use the product to monitor Email HTML templates across multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) and mailbox providers (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.) before deploying. We simply use the Email Previews option. Currently, we do not utilize their Email Analytics, Spam Testing or Builder features.
- Litmus helps expedite the production process in our email by streamlining the review process within one page/dashboard.
- Litmus allows us to get more done quickly, reducing hours of potential QA work with their preview tool.
- The product offers a quick check to identify likely delivery issues within our template code.
- There are a number of coding updates that happen, often over the course of a week, within different email clients. It would be useful for Litmus to highlight the updates as "NEW." Often we are reusing the same template. This would be helpful to ensure we are making the correct adjustments where necessary.
- It would be beneficial for Litmus to highlight different product features within the preview dashboard, without having to toggle to different sections.
- If we could receive a notification, in an email, for a preview/review that has happened in the past, that would be useful. For example: If we preview a template for an automated campaign, we would proof it once before automating within our ESP. If there is a change in how Gmail processes this template four weeks from today, it would be great to receive an email notification reminding our team to re-review. Of course, this would go beyond the current offering.
- None. The tool is extremely inexpensive and not difficult to get through approvals. We see this tool as simply a (small) cost of doing business to improve our email production efforts. Our Email channel by far generates the highest ROI of any current channel, with an ad cost below .2%!
We simply use Litmus for the email preview functionality & spam testing. We are using the tool to cut down on our production time and bring visibility to our testing. The software is essentially a proactive tool to help keep our sender reputation high. The competition may offer a better overview of our reputation score, alongside potential spam traps we may fall into.
Litmus has a number of features; however, their preview/proofing feature is the most useful. The tool is extremely inexpensive and serves a great purpose for our email marketing team. The Builder tool and Checklist feature allow one individual on our team to quickly review what would otherwise take hours and leave room for error.