Reviews (1-24 of 24)
- Side by side design view and development.
- Sent and bounce stats that are easy to navigate to.
- In-depth details about emails that are sent out.
- I’d like to see easier navigation between different email templates.
- Have a side by side view of 2 different email templates and allow for edit in both.
- Easier navigation to in-depth email stats for a specific email campaign.
- Dynamic content for messages provides a scalable and enterprise class set of features that allow specific criteria targeting individuals
- Demand Generation campaigns are straightforward
- Robust set of tools for the enterprise marketer this is the Tesla of ESPs
- Surveys should be included in the product
- Some features may be overkill for mid market and SMB customers
- There is a but of a learning curve because of the robustness of the tool would recommend more training support materials
- Email Marketing - The deliverability is great, the campaign builder helps create stunning emails, and the reporting is very strong.
- Push Notifications - The solution integrates easily with our app to send users important push communications.
- Lifecycle Campaigns - The program builder is very easy to use and has powerful tools to create outstanding customer journeys.
- User Interface - The UI is a bit outdated and clunky, but gets the job done with some getting used to.
- Training - There isn't much out there for training, unless you are willing to pay Oracle or a 3rd party.
- Support - There is no dedicated support and you have to use their portal. It sometimes take awhile to get things looked at or fixed, but they eventually get to it.
- Responsys integrates well with third party platforms including Google Analytics and others.
- The Reporting features within Oracle Responsys are sufficient for our business needs.
- The data model (table relationships) allow us to easily scale our program.
- Responsys could be improved upon with a more extensive summary after a connect job fails. Failure 'Reason codes' are often generic. More specifically, if the reason codes for a failed (profile list import) connect job could be identified per column. For ex: a common connect job failure happens when "over 20% of the data is in an incorrect field format." It would be helpful to know which 20% and/or which files/records are required to update.
- Inclusion of Skipped Addresses within the aggregate/Insight reporting. Currently, Skipped metric is only available within the live report setting.
- It would be nice to receive notifications for changes/additions to the #SoftBounce table
- Dynamic content and sections
- Easy to build programs
- Split screen HTML and render view
- Previewing push and SMS
- Easier to understand and utilize interactive dashboards
- Measure total filter count accurately without having to press "get actual count"
- Better support
- It's a very complex product that allows us to automate emails
- Provides a simple tool for us to analyze the performance of our emails
- Provides a way for us to trigger emails via API
- The support documentation is difficult to comb through and find answers to specific questions you may have about the product.
- I wish there were a way to test an entire program at once, instead of having to create a test audience, and enter them into the program and wait for that test audience to finish the program.
- They provide the support crew for any hours of the day.
- Reliable QA and responsive issue resolution.
- New and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Some of their tools for proofing are outdated.
- Reporting is almost unlimited, but could use more detailed training and help within the platform.
- We've seen more downtime than I would expect from such a large company.
- Programs: This tool is easy to understand and execute. The interface is easy to understand with the use of nodes and attaching the technical piece such as campaigns and filters to them. It allows us to automate so many of our emails to be ad-hoc and triggered.
- Interactive dashboard: This tool allows us to pull many detailed reports, as well as automating those reports. There are also features that allow us to analyze emails that contain dynamic content and how each of those pieces performed. This tool also allows us to go back and understand performance from campaign to campaign.
- Campaign builder: This tool is so well organized. It has every detail about the campaign included on the workbook. Newly, it will even tell you what programs the campaign is attached to, so that you know exactly where it lives. With us having so many campaigns and programs, this is super useful for keeping track of it all.
- Dynamic content: This tool is used a lot by my team, but it could be easier. We use the classic version opposed to the widget that was introduced, because it gave us less functionality by being more restrictive on the areas that you can select for dynamic content. The experience could be cleaner and more intuitive when selecting sections of the email to be dynamic content regions.
- Error notifications: There have been times where a program validates, but one of the campaigns that is included isn't valid. The program continues to run, and it reports that it is sending said campaign, but it isn't. Programs should realize this and give an error of some sort so that we know it isn't sending. This could be prevented in QA, but sometimes edits are made to campaigns after the program goes live, and this is when the errors would occur.
- Archiving folders and campaigns. It would be helpful if you could hold them somewhere that isn't in the same place as all of the other folders that we're using, just to make it a cleaner place for storage.
- Email Marketing
- Lead Automation
- Ok2Contact Criteria
- There is a room for improvement for mobile marketing.
- Interface is not very great or user-friendly. It's not intuitive and some of the tags on the website are misleading.
- Some part of automation requires you to do the same steps and processes again and again which is cumbersome.
- Customer services/client relations. They are constantly meeting and improving the ways we interact with them. They are readily available whenever we need and consistently go above and beyond.
- Top of class products and services. They have a handful of products available such as Send Time Optimization and PAM that we haven't seen anywhere else.
- Willingness to go above and beyond! Always available to crunch timelines and be available outside of normal hours for different initiatives.
- Better/more innovation. Bringing more strategic ideas to us, specifically in regards to contracts, billing, and invoices.
- More transparency. Better explanation around contracts and billing.
- Quicker reactibility. Better processes in place for emergency situations.
- It is the Ferrari of ESP platforms. If you have the backend and frontend resource to implement 100% of the solution, it is a winner.
- You can write custom SQL for the best in class segmentation vs. WYSIWYG types of segmentation some ESPs provide.
- Out of the box, Oracle algorithms help the user manage behavioral and transnational segmentation data points.
- A typical full-service ESP, understanding whether you need all the bells and whistles will determine whether Oracle Responsys will be on your short list.
- Dummies user guide to the platform would be essential for a smaller business to use the solution
- It is super clunky with a UI that is best suited to developers vs. marketers
- Dynamic content works very well and you can add many layers to get specific.
- Get analytics to see which campaigns or emails are performing best and why, including revenue tracking for conversions.
- Ability to create detailed email programs filtering off actions or engagement of what your customers are doing to help guide them throughout their journey.
- The ability to search for specific links globally , right now you can only search for link tables names.
- Ability to connect to RSS Feeds not using XML coding which is advanced and not user friendly.
- Away to mass update links because going through every link table to update a link in the header of every email was extremely painful and time consuming.
It is not well suited for things like sending automatically emails off of RSS feeds from the blog because it takes a lot of developing in XML code.
- Trigger programs can be highly customized and segmented.
- Filtering for audiences is very powerful, but SQL skills are often required for more advanced filters.
- Customer records can be highly customized to accept business-specific variables.
- The tool is not intuitive and really requires a dedicated expert with strong HTML/CSS and SQL skills to get the most out of it.
- Any additional custom work done by the Oracle Responsys team is almost always prohibitively expensive.
- Most marketers like to get into the data and dig through it to uncover opportunities. This is very difficult in Responsys as the tool is overly technical and disjointed. Again, you will need a dedicated expert resource to run the tool or even reporting.
- Email Message Designer is easy to use and fairly straightforward.
- Integrates well with other tools my company utilizes, like stensul and Liveclicker.
- Our Customer Success Manager is great! Customer service in general is very good.
- I wish there were easier ways to search for pieces of content within the tool. It can be difficult to locate a specific item since there is no universal keyword search capability
- Online help and troubleshooting are lacking. Topliners, in particular, is just awful. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the help sections.
- Oracle Responsys offers tremendous flexibility when designing beautiful emails
- Natively integrates with SMS so you can easily orchestrate omni-channel campaigns
- Powerful reporting engine for determining campaign effectiveness.
- More direct integrations with CRM rather than having to use SFTP for data imports
- Enhanced UI to match other applications in the Oracle Marketing Cloud suite
- It could be easier to use. It's really great for advanced users but steep learning curve for newbies
- Program within Responsys really allows you to orchestrate campaigns. The UI is easy to use, and allows you to get complex scenarios up and running in a short amount of time.
- We test almost every campaign that we send, and Responsys really allows us to do this without needing an extra resource. We run a test and select a winner all within the same day to optimize sends.
- We ave been able to integrate with multiple data sources to bring in purchase data, browsing data, and our product catalog to add personalization and segmentation to campaigns.
- We would love to see Oracle continue to integrate products so that the need for a marketer to have multiple logins becomes a thing of the past.
- Integration of display targeting and lifecycle communications to empower sequential story-based retargeting campaigns across display networks.
- The Interact module allows for richer and more intelligent lifecycle campaigns to be created by marketing with less dependencies and involvement from technology teams.
- The advanced analytics application allows for queries, filters, and comparison of disparate data to get the answers needed to optimize the email channel.
- The user interface is very dated. I would like to see a much more refined GUI.
- The requirement to map all data tables in advance is cumbersome and slows down the ability for a marketer to iterate programs rapidly.
- Building a 360 profile of customer , we integrated Adobe DMP, Responsys and Gigya data in Responsys itself leveraging its CRM capabilities.
- It enables us to build complex segments using a simple UI based on recency and frequencey
- It was very easy to create campaigns and hence with very little direction even technoogy/engineers could handle it in case of emergency.
- There should a way to connect the Responsys feed directly to a database. i.e. a pipeline from DB to DB
- I faced issues with different browsers accessing it.
- Extremely good reporting for our campaigns. We can identify the problem areas and work to address them for future campaigns all because Responsys tracks many varying techniques which can help boost our performance.
- Ability to create all our campaigns with plug and play tools, which benefits us as the marketing team doesn't have to rely on other teams.
- Marketing automation is of utmost importance and Responsys helps us do that quite easily.
- As good as a tool Responsys is, it comes with a list of problems including bugs and customer service issues. New releases and updates cause problems to the existing version and they aren't fixed by customer support as promptly as they should be.
- Very difficult for anyone to just start using as you need to have very good knowledge and understanding before you can dive in.
- Not the most attractive user interface, or the most user-friendly either.
- Allows you to define and target key audience segments - you must be sure to be collecting this data from your contacts however.
- Presents results data well - can function like a pivot table in order to organize the data however is best for your needs.
- Scheduling tool allows easy visibility of all activity across account for all of our ecommerce outlets
- Simple to launch and evaluate a/b campaigns
- The platform is more difficult to operate than other tools I've used
- Seemingly tiny html "errors" can result in emails not test launching - know code well if managing this tool
- Tool couldn't be integrated fully with our existing website platform, so some of the cart abandonment/custom imagery features are not able to function
- Interact Campaign provides a wide variety of capability for creating dynamic message content, tailored to each specific channel.
- Interact Connect offers straight forward, reliable data integration.
- Recent enhancements to Interact Program make it flexible and easy to set up and test.
- As a SQL developer, I'd like to see enhancements to the SQL View and Join View capability that would make it easier to set up and test, providing more of a developer experience.
- We're starting to use Responsys for more real-time email scenarios. The regular maintenance windows are something we need to plan for and work around.
- Response time in the UI and campaign launch can be slow during peak times.
Oracle Responsys Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Responsys
Oracle Cross-Channel Marketing to Consumers (part of the Oracle Marketing Cloud, and formerly known as Responsys) is a B2C Cross Channel Marketing solution that is designed to help marketers deliver more relevant, real-time interactions for consumers across email, mobile, display, social, and web experiences. This solution includes Program Orchestration, which offers a centralized canvas to coordinate personalized interactions with a point-and-click interface that helps marketers adapt and respond to customer behavior.
The Oracle Marketing Cloud features solutions that are designed to help marketers acquire and retain ideal customers, engaging them with a relevant experience that spans the entire customer lifecycle. Oracle Marketing Cloud helps the marketer connect data across the marketing ecosystem to personalize customer experiences with software including marketing automation (Oracle Cross-Channel Marketing to Consumers/Businesses), content marketing (Oracle Content Marketing), social marketing (Oracle SRM), and data management (Oracle Data Management Platform).
Oracle Responsys Screenshots
Oracle Responsys Integrations
Oracle Responsys Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Oracle Responsys pricing covers marketing messages sent across Email, SMS, MMS, Push, Social, Display, and Web.
Oracle Responsys Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oracle Responsys Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||English, German, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), French, Italian, Korean, Russian, Spanish|