Reviews (1-12 of 12)
- It is the Ferrari of ESP platforms. If you have the backend and frontend resource to implement 100% of the solution, it is a winner.
- You can write custom SQL for the best in class segmentation vs. WYSIWYG types of segmentation some ESPs provide.
- Out of the box, Oracle algorithms help the user manage behavioral and transnational segmentation data points.
- A typical full-service ESP, understanding whether you need all the bells and whistles will determine whether Oracle Responsys will be on your short list.
- Dummies user guide to the platform would be essential for a smaller business to use the solution
- It is super clunky with a UI that is best suited to developers vs. marketers
- Dynamic content works very well and you can add many layers to get specific.
- Get analytics to see which campaigns or emails are performing best and why, including revenue tracking for conversions.
- Ability to create detailed email programs filtering off actions or engagement of what your customers are doing to help guide them throughout their journey.
- The ability to search for specific links globally , right now you can only search for link tables names.
- Ability to connect to RSS Feeds not using XML coding which is advanced and not user friendly.
- Away to mass update links because going through every link table to update a link in the header of every email was extremely painful and time consuming.
It is not well suited for things like sending automatically emails off of RSS feeds from the blog because it takes a lot of developing in XML code.
- Trigger programs can be highly customized and segmented.
- Filtering for audiences is very powerful, but SQL skills are often required for more advanced filters.
- Customer records can be highly customized to accept business-specific variables.
- The tool is not intuitive and really requires a dedicated expert with strong HTML/CSS and SQL skills to get the most out of it.
- Any additional custom work done by the Oracle Responsys team is almost always prohibitively expensive.
- Most marketers like to get into the data and dig through it to uncover opportunities. This is very difficult in Responsys as the tool is overly technical and disjointed. Again, you will need a dedicated expert resource to run the tool or even reporting.
- Email Message Designer is easy to use and fairly straightforward.
- Integrates well with other tools my company utilizes, like stensul and Liveclicker.
- Our Customer Success Manager is great! Customer service in general is very good.
- I wish there were easier ways to search for pieces of content within the tool. It can be difficult to locate a specific item since there is no universal keyword search capability
- Online help and troubleshooting are lacking. Topliners, in particular, is just awful. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the help sections.
- Oracle Responsys offers tremendous flexibility when designing beautiful emails
- Natively integrates with SMS so you can easily orchestrate omni-channel campaigns
- Powerful reporting engine for determining campaign effectiveness.
- More direct integrations with CRM rather than having to use SFTP for data imports
- Enhanced UI to match other applications in the Oracle Marketing Cloud suite
- It could be easier to use. It's really great for advanced users but steep learning curve for newbies
- Extremely good reporting for our campaigns. We can identify the problem areas and work to address them for future campaigns all because Responsys tracks many varying techniques which can help boost our performance.
- Ability to create all our campaigns with plug and play tools, which benefits us as the marketing team doesn't have to rely on other teams.
- Marketing automation is of utmost importance and Responsys helps us do that quite easily.
- As good as a tool Responsys is, it comes with a list of problems including bugs and customer service issues. New releases and updates cause problems to the existing version and they aren't fixed by customer support as promptly as they should be.
- Very difficult for anyone to just start using as you need to have very good knowledge and understanding before you can dive in.
- Not the most attractive user interface, or the most user-friendly either.
- Program within Responsys really allows you to orchestrate campaigns. The UI is easy to use, and allows you to get complex scenarios up and running in a short amount of time.
- We test almost every campaign that we send, and Responsys really allows us to do this without needing an extra resource. We run a test and select a winner all within the same day to optimize sends.
- We ave been able to integrate with multiple data sources to bring in purchase data, browsing data, and our product catalog to add personalization and segmentation to campaigns.
- We would love to see Oracle continue to integrate products so that the need for a marketer to have multiple logins becomes a thing of the past.
- Integration of display targeting and lifecycle communications to empower sequential story-based retargeting campaigns across display networks.
- The Interact module allows for richer and more intelligent lifecycle campaigns to be created by marketing with less dependencies and involvement from technology teams.
- The advanced analytics application allows for queries, filters, and comparison of disparate data to get the answers needed to optimize the email channel.
- The user interface is very dated. I would like to see a much more refined GUI.
- The requirement to map all data tables in advance is cumbersome and slows down the ability for a marketer to iterate programs rapidly.
Oracle Responsys Review: "What makes Responsys best ESP: Ease of use, flexibility and solid backend."
- Building a 360 profile of customer , we integrated Adobe DMP, Responsys and Gigya data in Responsys itself leveraging its CRM capabilities.
- It enables us to build complex segments using a simple UI based on recency and frequencey
- It was very easy to create campaigns and hence with very little direction even technoogy/engineers could handle it in case of emergency.
- There should a way to connect the Responsys feed directly to a database. i.e. a pipeline from DB to DB
- I faced issues with different browsers accessing it.
- Allows you to define and target key audience segments - you must be sure to be collecting this data from your contacts however.
- Presents results data well - can function like a pivot table in order to organize the data however is best for your needs.
- Scheduling tool allows easy visibility of all activity across account for all of our ecommerce outlets
- Simple to launch and evaluate a/b campaigns
- The platform is more difficult to operate than other tools I've used
- Seemingly tiny html "errors" can result in emails not test launching - know code well if managing this tool
- Tool couldn't be integrated fully with our existing website platform, so some of the cart abandonment/custom imagery features are not able to function
- Interact Campaign provides a wide variety of capability for creating dynamic message content, tailored to each specific channel.
- Interact Connect offers straight forward, reliable data integration.
- Recent enhancements to Interact Program make it flexible and easy to set up and test.
- As a SQL developer, I'd like to see enhancements to the SQL View and Join View capability that would make it easier to set up and test, providing more of a developer experience.
- We're starting to use Responsys for more real-time email scenarios. The regular maintenance windows are something we need to plan for and work around.
- Response time in the UI and campaign launch can be slow during peak times.
Oracle Responsys Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Responsys
Oracle Cross-Channel Marketing to Consumers (part of the Oracle Marketing Cloud, and formerly known as Responsys) is a B2C Cross Channel Marketing solution that is designed to help marketers deliver more relevant, real-time interactions for consumers across email, mobile, display, social, and web experiences. This solution includes Program Orchestration, which offers a centralized canvas to coordinate personalized interactions with a point-and-click interface that helps marketers adapt and respond to customer behavior.
The Oracle Marketing Cloud features solutions that are designed to help marketers acquire and retain ideal customers, engaging them with a relevant experience that spans the entire customer lifecycle. Oracle Marketing Cloud helps the marketer connect data across the marketing ecosystem to personalize customer experiences with software including marketing automation (Oracle Cross-Channel Marketing to Consumers/Businesses), content marketing (Oracle Content Marketing), social marketing (Oracle SRM), and data management (Oracle Data Management Platform).
Oracle Responsys Screenshots
Oracle Responsys Integrations
Oracle Responsys Competitors
Oracle Responsys pricing covers marketing messages sent across Email, SMS, MMS, Push, Social, Display, and Web.
Oracle Responsys Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oracle Responsys Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||English, German, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), French, Italian, Korean, Russian, Spanish|