Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft SharePoint
We use Microsoft SharePoint for storing, managing, sharing, and controlling access to different types of documents among ourselves within the company. It addresses the controlling of document access at different levels and types. Microsoft SharePoint has the requirement of creating different sites and site pages for different departments within the organization and also can be used for different content.
- Provides the ability to store any large size file of any type
- Having ability to sharing at different levels to different teams of the organization
- Provides the ability for external sharing securely
- Merging of two or more SharePoint sites from different companies together if they are working together with the same employees
- Advanced folder and file actions within the SharePoint like unzipping zipped files, compressing normal files
- More rich user interfaces such as colorful folders. Different colors for different folders and file types to identify easily
- Since Microsoft SharePoint provides the unlimited cloud storage, the cost of having tangible memory devices is reduced
- While hardware memory devices are subject to data loss and MS SharePoint does not have that impact, the cost of recovering any data and any time consumed for assessing those problems is greatly reduced
- Time spent on sharing documents through different devices among the employees and external parties is greatly reduced
- Safety of the external sharing of the important documents is assured with MS SharePoint
Since Microsoft SharePoint comes with the MS business office package, it is fully integrated with other office products and really works together with other MS Office products like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher, etc.. in real-time, so it's really easy to maintain all work among the employees in the organization.
Do you think Microsoft SharePoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft SharePoint's feature set?
Did Microsoft SharePoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft SharePoint go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Microsoft SharePoint again?
Microsoft SharePoint is well suited for the secure internal and external sharing of the documents with others, since it has different levels of access like Read-Only, and Edit, and also the access can be defined in different forms when sharing the document. It includes sharing to anyone who is having the link, and only to specific email addresses, etc.