Great tool for collaboration and a bedrock of our company's teamwork!
October 02, 2021

Great tool for collaboration and a bedrock of our company's teamwork!

Miro is being used across our entire organization for team events, workshops, and for individual notetaking and project mapping. Marketing is a heavy user, but it is really being used across all of our departments and teams. It provides a perfect space for collaboration, project visualization, and real teamwork in a virtual environment. We've also found some of its features very useful for understanding group sentiment easily and quickly on a topic, such as through the voting feature.
  • Brainstorming and similar high-level thinking processes.
  • Visualization of projects and initiatives.
  • Simultaneous editing.
  • Text within stickies can be burdensome to manage.
  • Difficult to immediately or quickly understand all icons.
  • Expand template selection and availability.
  • More robust workshop outcomes with clear actions.
  • Faster execution to analyze processes, find bursts and counteract.
  • Higher quality ideas for innovation and new solutions.
Training to get all teams running quickly and throughout the organization could be easier, but overall, very well satisfied. We just need more awareness and time to learn the tool better.
I was not involved in the integration, can't comment.
We are absolutely much more united through Miro. It has become the go-to collaboration tool in our company and is used for personal work as well. It is a great repository to not only do the initial teamwork but also to review, reflect, and improve on later. I'm very impressed with how our teams can be anywhere, yet feel we are in the same place through Miro.

Not sure

• MURAL (formerly Mural.ly)
I didn't select Miro, but I can offer some ideas for why I personally like Miro better than Mural. Miro - easier to understand, navigate, get help, and learn to use. I found it easier to manipulate objects and have had fewer issues (freezing, features not working, etc.) in Miro than in Mural. I recommend Miro all the way.
Miro is a great tool for scenarios where you need to brainstorm, come up with new ideas, or work in a stickie/whiteboard fashion with remote or dispersed team members. I also find it a helpful tool for prioritizing or refining ideas in a group setting. Finally, it is a great tool when you need to work through complex processes and map them out/understand/dissect, and find bursts to go solve against. I don't know if I would use it for in-person meetings, and also think that at times it can become overwhelming. The visuals it produces and that come from it are often very detailed and can get complicated/messy quickly. If you are working through a presentation or summary, I would use other tools.