Miro flow
February 17, 2022

Miro flow

I am currently building workflows for chronic disease digital capabilities. We incorporate triggers, timelines, and grouping of disease content. I create the drawings and share them with colleagues for edits as well as during presentations. Sometimes I call in support from systems designers who can ensure a more crisp appearance of the workflows.
  • Border color and pattern options.
  • Allow pull to front or push to back options for images.
  • Allow grouping of frames.
  • Color coding.
  • Capabilities fail when more than one user.
  • Text boxes versus shapes get confusing.
  • Highlighting to move sections can be cumbersome to ensure all of what you want is captured and nothing more.
  • Improved communication between clinicians and product managers on desired capabilities.
  • Ability to align across products on functionality.
  • Ensures access by multiple stakeholders.
I've not had any formal training in Miro, and I'd imagine I could do more with it if I had training. I need to better understand the breadth of how to work with this tool. For instance, I'm unsure how to incorporate images, whether stock or personalized. I could also use help to understand text boxes versus shapes.
I work with this tool separate from the spreadsheets I often create first. For instance, I listed capabilities for our digital tools in Google Sheets, created a workflow in Miro, and then have the design team create their plan within Figma. If these were somehow linked and I could copy things over, that would be ideal.
Yes, we work off of Miro boards often for planning and goal setting. This allows asynchronous as well as synchronous work. It is sometimes a little choppy when multiple people are on a document and you want to see where they are working; their name tag covers the workspace. Not sure if they could have initials or something else?

Not sure

Visio is something I used over 10 yrs ago, but not sure it's still on the market. It at least provided the arrows to create flow diagrams but didn't have as much functionality as Miro to move comments around and allow multiple users to engage at a time, whether synchronously or asynchronously.
This is a great tool that allows me to create an image of what I've already written out on paper, with connections and spacing that indicates how all of the pieces fit together. It is less helpful where lists are needed, such as when there are several items that can trigger one specific action.