Best tool for unstructured collaboration sessions!
February 21, 2022

Best tool for unstructured collaboration sessions!

I've used Miro for both personal and collaborative boards. I use it a lot in the ideation process for new projects and product ideas. I work with different methodologies such as design thinking where I use it to create user journeys and diagrams. I've also worked in Agile teams and I use it to collaborate on feature design or to make team retrospectives.
  • Great as a collaborative tool, thanks to features like live editing for all team members, chat, etc.
  • It offers really useful templates, it really helps to solve a lot of time
  • It has a clean user interface, it is simple to use.
  • I don't like access management control. It is really confusing to create and manage teams
  • Performance. With larger boards, it starts to get unresponsive and slow which is very frustrating
  • Sometimes when working with templates it is hard to understand how the editing works. You have to click on specific figures or remove locks to edit
  • It helped our team increase productivity since we used miro to map analytics for each screen
  • We were able to move to fully remote without affecting the quality of collaboration
  • It helped connect coworkers in 5 different countries
The implementation was really seamless thanks to the simple and intuitive UI
It was fairly easy to integrate within the team's existing design and development pipeline
Our organization has members from many different countries. At the beginning of the year, we had to go fully remote due to the pandemic and we were in 5 different cities: New Delhi, Los Angeles, New York, Mexico City. We were able to finish our projects without any problems thanks to miro.

Miro is more useful than Google Drive for unstructured collaboration sessions such as brainstorming or product design. You have much more flexibility on what you can add to the board and it works really well to create diagrams.
Miro is really well suited for collaboration with small teams (under 10 persons). It is also really good to create personal boards when working on research projects, product ideas, etc. I was once invited to a board with a lot of content and collaborators and it was really difficult to navigate and interact with it, that's why I don't think is well suited for really large teams.