I prep and do my design sprints with Miro!
August 04, 2022

I prep and do my design sprints with Miro!

We use this for meetings, documentation, and design sprints. Miro helps to provide the virtual collaborations that we need as we work remotely.
  • The general controls are great, such as space bar means drag and move the artboard and cltr + P means paste...etc.
  • Really like how you can jump into the frame when opening the frame list on the side panel.
  • Really likes the quick sticky notes with different colors
  • Love the timing and optional music meanwhile.
  • Love the voting option, helps when we are conducting design sprints
  • I wish there were more stickers.
  • I haven't try much the APP feature yet. Not sure how that works.
  • Sometimes it's hard to select an object when there are multiple laying too closely.
  • It helps to bring collaboration virtually, especially since remote work has been popular past few years.
  • It helps to make work easier by quickly creating new artboards for presentation
  • It reduces a lot of the prep time to officially presenting an idea.
I haven't used the integration much, I tried adding Figma, but wasn't sure about the flow and what benefits this brings.
Yes, definitely.

Not sure

I think Figma jam is a potential competitor as they provide much more "fun" features, not saying they are necessary. However, they do a better job of creating that fun experience if needed. They have more creative controls and better animations.
Miro is great for design collaborations and design sprints. It is not suitable for heavy context documentation in my opinion.