Miro Review
August 16, 2022

Miro Review

Our company utilizes Miro during large agency meetings, usually where we're looking for live feedback across the team to build on ideas. Miro is especially helpful in team planning calls ahead of client proposals or project planning.
  • Client planning
  • Idea sharing
  • Team feedback
  • More functions for categorizing responses
  • New ways to enhance chat function, such as breaking up into smaller groups
  • Voice chatting capabilities in addition to chat section
  • Enhanced client planning sessions
  • Wider range of team feedback
  • More time-efficient team calls
I would like to see more training around the utilization and implementation of Miro within our organization. As we constantly bring on new team members, it's often helpful to brush up on our Miro skills as well as onboard new colleagues. It would also be great to have a designated Miro consultant or representative, who could best answer any questions we have.
I always feel there is room for improvement, and believe we could more regularly brush up on our Miro skills!
Miro has has a positive impact on team collaboration across projects. Our organization is worldwide, and Miro has been great in gathering thoughts/information from all of our colleagues across the globe.

Not that similar to Miro, but Microsoft Teams breakout rooms are similar in the function that they offer where attendees can be grouped and share ideas/thoughts at once, in a more focused setting.
In my experience, Miro has been best utilized in situations where there is a large group of colleagues pooling their ideas, or learning together. It gives everyone a chance to contribute their thoughts at once, rather than waiting on a live call to hear from each other one at a time. In my opinion, I think Miro is less appropriate in situations that are client-facing with a smaller number of people. Sometimes too much feedback can be a bit of information overload, and we aim to avoid overwhelming our clients with too much information to process.