Miro review.
August 22, 2022

Miro review.

We use Miro to collaborative develop mind-maps, manage our PI Planning and create process diagrams and put on a board whatever thing we want to discuss. What I like the most about Miro is the ease to use and the flexibility in terms of adding different tools to the drawing board. It is really simple to put what is on your mind into a Miro canvas. Also, I love the possibility of sharing anything with a simple URL without the need for an additional user or license, which makes it great for occasional users. To sum up, easy to use the tool for collaborative work without the need to acquire tons of licenses.
  • Collaborative work without the need of extra licenses.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to share.
  • Lot of apps and tools to help with your design.
  • Have a way to share a particular part of a document (or link it there). As we build big documents, we would like some particular section of that document to be seen when sharing instead of navigating thru the entire document.
  • Similar to the above, have a way to name sections of the document that appear on the menu and that one can easily navigate between them.
  • Improve the way to collaborate between different teams to manage our PI planning dependencies.
I was not involved in the implementation of Miro, so I cannot reply back on this particular aspect.
Currently, we are not integrating Miro with anything except with our Domain controller for user authentication, and it was not part of that particular effort, so I cannot answer on that aspect.
Our team is composed of several different teams (over 20+) across different geographies and time zones from all around the globe. Miro has helped us to make our PI planning and ensure all our dependencies are captured, shared, and edited on the cloud. It is especially funny to see all the team collaborating in real-time when over 20 people are making editions to the document.

Develop collaborative diagrams, charts,s or any nontext document that you could need. Build roadmaps, mockups, and blueprints for agile (or nonagile) teams. It should not be a replacement for any text-heavy document as it is not a word processor, nor is it built for presentations (but could be used as a support for one).